Author Topic: Neutering Voucher???  (Read 3465 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Neutering Voucher???
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2009, 09:05:58 AM »
If your son has no luck with the vouchers, although there is no reason why he shouldn't then please PM me. Also please remember to advise him that flea and worm treatments are much cheaper via the net preferably VetUK via one of the charity sites.  ;D
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 13:46:14 PM »
Thanks we never thought about getting the kittens micro chipped.It's way too cold outside for me let alone young kittens so they won't be going out for a while yet they love the sofa too much  ;D

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 18:03:38 PM »
Thank you for your help i will pass the number to my son straight away.Could anyone tell me how old the kittens can be before they are let outside (after they have been neutered) My neighbour let her two kittens out at around 16 weeks old which i thought was a bit too young and one of them was picked up by someone as they would walk up to people and follow them up the street.
I don't want this happening to either my kitten or my sons, has anyone got advice on this please ??? 

Hi,

It would be a good idea if your Son had them Mirco-chipped while they are being neutered.
Once they have been neutered they can go outside but really the longer they are inside the better. If it was Me I think I would wait till the better weather (that also makes them abit older)

xxx

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 11:23:16 AM »
Hi hun,

We always recommend letting them out at around 6 months once they've been neutered and chipped. It depends on size and weight as well - if they are particularly small them leaving it another couple of months would be good. Starting them out on leads can be great as well but they won't be that interested in going out when it's this cold!!!

They really need to be big enough to defend themselves if they meet a resident cat in the area.

I would say that anything under 6 months is too small, but that's just personal opinion!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 09:52:12 AM »
Thank you for your help i will pass the number to my son straight away.Could anyone tell me how old the kittens can be before they are let outside (after they have been neutered) My neighbour let her two kittens out at around 16 weeks old which i thought was a bit too young and one of them was picked up by someone as they would walk up to people and follow them up the street.
I don't want this happening to either my kitten or my sons, has anyone got advice on this please ??? 

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 17:21:33 PM »
Hi Millies Mum,

Yes Ela is right, the new Chief Exec of CP is really up on neutering and Head Office will send out vouchers quickly and easily. Of course as Ela said, we do hope that people who can afford it do it off their own backs, but if it's ever a choice of not neutering or sending out a voucher then we send one out!

If you call the helpline on 08702 099 099 between 9 and 5 they'll be able to do that for him.
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 15:35:25 PM »
he needs to get them sorted quickly 20 week is about 5 months isn't it - as Ela says further down anyone can get the help they just need to ask for it - he should ring the local cp or the head office

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 14:28:32 PM »
Hi there my son has been left to look after 2 kittens after his girlfriend left him, unfortunately he was made redundant just before Christmas and cannot afford to get them neutered. One kitten is male and around 20 weeks old the other is female around 16 weeks old would he be able to get help with the cost of the vet bills and do you know how old the kittens have to be before they can be neutered?
The last thing he wants to do is rehome his cats and he surely does not want a litter on his hands so they need the operation asap i would imagine.I would love to help him out but i have cats of my own including a kitten.
I'm sure i'll have plenty of helpful answers for him.It's not his fault he needs help and i must stress he is not re-homing them.
 :thanks:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 12:38:55 PM »
Why did that CP refuse.. !! Seems abit odd to me. but i am sure HQ can assist..

Exactly, I bet they have not asked. Nowadays HQ advise that we can if necessary give a voucher to anyone no matter how much money they have, (although it is hoped that people who can afford it won't ask) the bottom line is to get as many cats neutered/spayed as possible.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 11:54:06 AM »
The cost for the male is about what you would pay here and females are now as much as £80 !
I think this is half the problem, vets are charging far too much for a simple 5min Op and this is why people are not neutering.
I also don't understand why these vets are insisting that the cats are vac'ed before, surely its more important to get them neutered ?

Hope you manage to help this couple, hopefully someone from CP on here could send a couple of yellow vouchers  :sneaky:

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 10:01:21 AM »
Thanks for the replies guys!

They seem like a lovely couple, they just genuinely didn't realise how much it was going to cost and with the vets adding on vax on top they're just struggling at the mo. To be honest my main priority is getting them neutered so they don't have to re-home and also pushing for insurance!

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 20:14:14 PM »
Very true Millys Mum we here about it all the time. Why dont people do there homework.. the web, libraries and even vets are there to give advice any body would think it costs money to ask!! But still CP should help.. but not realising sadly it costs money to keep an animal is pretty silly excuse if you ask me.. thats why we make a note to tell people when we HC that actually it cost money to have an animal and if you cannot afford that money then save us all rescues the emotional and financial costs that it bares on us when you cannot afford to take one on.. So if in doubt DONT! I wrote a huge surmon in the latest NL about this... as its more true nowadays then ever... However saying at some people will move heaven and earth to take care of an animal even though they dont have any money themselves, its just a balance i suppose..
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 19:49:50 PM »
Can they afford to keep both cats longterm if neutering alone is too expensive. Silly to rehome because of not being able to neuter but common sense says what happens in a few years when they want to go on holiday but cant board as not vax'd or one needs an op  :shy:

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 19:31:09 PM »
Why did that CP refuse.. !! Seems abit odd to me. but i am sure HQ can assist.. If its just neutering that is the problems seems daft for puss to be rehomed if we can neuter puss cat.. However, you would of thought they might of found out beforehand that it actually does COST MONEY to neuter a cat and vets are not free, even for rescues..

Any vet that wishes to vac before neutering is pretty stupid if you aks me and would be good to just go somewhere else that speaks and preaches common sense and have better priorities!!
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 18:57:31 PM »
I had a great vet when i lived in South Manchester ( Altringham) he was on Barrington Roda , name of Weipers - no idea if they are still there though .
Which CP did he ask ?
I have a friend who runs the Stockport Branch .

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
Neutering Voucher???
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 18:49:34 PM »
Hey, I just contacted someone on the Tree site to give some advice about re-homing his cat and it turns out that he's only re-homing as he can only afford to get one of his cats neutered (a female) which leaves the male un-neutered.

He is a student and his partner is on benefits, but the Manchester CP has refused him a voucher???!!! If we can get him neutered he can keep the cat. He is also having trouble with local vets who are insisting that the cats are innocluated before and are charging £50-60 for a male neutering which seemed very steep to me! This means that it's over £100 per cat.

I've referred him onto the National Helpline to report what Manc CP have said and to also try and get a half price voucher, but I do feel that if anyone has any spare full price ones it might be an idea to help this guy out.

So if anyone has any that would be great, and also if anyone knows any good vets in the Manc area that's great as well!!!

J xxx

Link to CatChat