Author Topic: What neutering help is there in Ireland?  (Read 2003 times)

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
Re: What neutering help is there in Ireland?
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 10:18:28 AM »
Hi all,

Well iv'e spoken to my friend and she really can't do any more than she has done and feel that she's already asking all the time if Morticia (the mum cat) has been neutered. Short of taking her and doing it there's not much she can do. She says she'll keep on at them and i've passed on all the details and hopefully they'll see sense and get it done. The last lot of kittens were due to go to the pound before my friend took them and re-homed them and i'm just praying that she doesn't come into heat again as I don't think that she'd make it...

As hard as it is I don't think we can do anymore than point out the bleeding obvious and give numbers etc  :(
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 10:12:00 AM »
They have a DSPCA in Dublin

http://www.dspca.ie/

Whereabouts in Ireland are we talking about?
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline nessa (A C S )

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
  • Kai David 11/02/09
    • Animal Care Society (Cork)
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 21:43:37 PM »
I've got a friend is Ireland who's just taken on 2 6 week old kittens. The mum rejected the litter (hence why they've gone so young) as she's already had another litter earlier in the Autumn. The family she got them from has a young baby who is in and out of hospital and therefore the cat has fallen to low priority. My friend has tried to persuade them but it looks like money and logistics are the issue. If it was here, we'd sort out both in terms of money and collecting the cat etc, but in Ireland there's no RSPCA and I think no CP - what help might there be?

I've offered to pay if she can work out logistics but wondered if anyone knew of a rescue?

Thanks in advcance

Hi there
I am living in Ireland and I am involved with the ACS in cork and there is a few places but I would need to know what part of Ireland she is in first before I could advise
Anne :Luv2:

Jen xxx
annefitz@animalcaresociety.ie
http://www.animalcaresociety.ie/

My grandson Kai David McMahon Fitzgerald Butler was born on the 11/02/09 at 5.03pm weight 8lb 14ozs

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 21:35:25 PM »
Im sure there is an rspca in Ireland, I used to live there, although it was Northern Ireland. There was also a CP there too, near Belfast. We took a neighbours cat there as they had moved and left it, a few months before this their other cat had moved into our house, they knew and didnt say anything  :-:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 21:25:05 PM »
There is one CP main centre in Ireland. Just ring CP HQ and they will sort out vouchers for you.. No different then any other area i would say
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
What neutering help is there in Ireland?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 20:20:20 PM »
I've got a friend is Ireland who's just taken on 2 6 week old kittens. The mum rejected the litter (hence why they've gone so young) as she's already had another litter earlier in the Autumn. The family she got them from has a young baby who is in and out of hospital and therefore the cat has fallen to low priority. My friend has tried to persuade them but it looks like money and logistics are the issue. If it was here, we'd sort out both in terms of money and collecting the cat etc, but in Ireland there's no RSPCA and I think no CP - what help might there be?

I've offered to pay if she can work out logistics but wondered if anyone knew of a rescue?

Thanks in advcance

Jen xxx
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Link to CatChat