Author Topic: Cats needing homes /homes offered child boards - what do you think? POLL  (Read 9619 times)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Re: Cats needing homes /homes offered child boards - what do you think?
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 22:13:14 PM »
i don't look very often.
if people want a cat then they should find me .

having said that if someone wants a special type then it would be a good place to post but the title would have to be meaningful "wanted coventry, three eyed 5 legged purple hemaphrodite' as I don't have the inclination to look at 'good home waiting' threads.

Same goes for the cats needing homes , people should put location, breed, age , sex and colour in title!! :mad2:

(no I'm not upset at having just homed my beautiful kitten polly who was going to be No. 9) :(

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 22:08:31 PM »
One of probs with the titles is that there is only a limited number of characters and unless a title is made very clear it gets confusing.

I have tried to amend some to just get the area in but its very hard often.

Tan put up notes on what to put in titles and in posts but often this is just being ignored cos someone will come on new to purrs and head straight to the rescue threads and just post without looking at the info for posters.

The site is limited  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: to having to use child boards to split up the main headings and I agree its a bit confusing sometimes unless you know Purrs quite well, especially when a new one pops up, but dont see any other way of doing it to be honest.

And of course this all brings us around a complete circle to a thread about 3 weeks ago, if all the stuff from those sites wasnt put on, that would help!

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 22:00:49 PM »
I do like the seperate sections as it allows me a quick glimse of what cats are where and what ones are up for rehoming. The main thread gets bogged down with other stuff and i find it difficult to find my way through it all espc when people dont make the title clear or with enough information.. Basically threads that just give "good home needed" dont tell me much really...

I realise that some of the posts that are urgent do get missed but the rehoming child board is for cats in care (or the public) that need to find a home and i have successfully managed to find a home for one or two of them via the child boards. If the plea for placement is urgent then it could be crossposted.

It would help if peeps where much clearer on with subject titles.. So actually i prefer it the way it is. But thats from a rehoming perspective.
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 21:52:23 PM »
Obviously the decision is down to Tan at the end of the day and it may be that the majority prefer it that way but I think if we stuck to the main 'Rescue and rehoming' section we would just have to make sure the heading of each thread made it clear if a home was needed or offered.  Mods can change the title of threads so we could amend the title if the original posting wasn't clear.

Edit:

Just looked in 'Homes offered' and a new poster is looking for a cat up to 15 yrs of age.  It only has 24 views and one reply, I'm sure if it was in the main section we'd have a cat on the lady's lap by now  ;D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 21:56:31 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 21:49:23 PM »
Have to agree with you there, Helen.  :shy:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Cats needing homes /homes offered child boards - what do you think? POLL
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 21:47:51 PM »
Do people think that having separate sections for 'Cats needing homes' & 'Homes offered' is working?

I always look in the 'Rescue and rehoming' main section but I never seem to notice the other child boards, the only time I see the posts is when I look at recent posts.  Just worried that potential new homes or cats in danger (such as the Birmingham two) are being missed because the threads are not as visible.

What does everyone else think?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 21:40:08 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Link to CatChat