Author Topic: PREGNANT CAT - MANCHESTER AREA 9/6/08  (Read 13738 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: PREGNANT CAT - MANCHESTER AREA 9/6/08
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2008, 10:33:07 AM »
glad Cleo is ok Dawn, would be great if someone from the surgery gave her the home she deserved

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2008, 10:25:07 AM »
great news Dawn, so pleased that Cleo is doing well and that you may have a home lined up for her ! ;)  fingers crossed!! lol

I'm very sure that she is quite happy not to be going through it all again and again and now she can get on with being a happy little cat instead of a permanent mummy cat!

Heres hoping the perfect home for her comes along soon and she is happy and living life to the full thanks to you Dawn! :)
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2008, 04:51:41 AM »
Dawn, that's marvelous news! Well done you and well done Cleo... wouldn't it be nice if the vet nurse worked the oracle on hubby!  :Luv2:

I agree - we need piccies.

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2008, 00:51:07 AM »
I'm feeling a little better about it now, I had a few tears this evening when talking to Candice but she talked some sense into me as always  :hug:  :hug:  I don't regret the decision I made, I know it had to be done but I can't say it didn't get to me  :'(  and I know I have to go through it again on Friday but I'll deal with that as and when  :hug:  :hug:

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2008, 23:26:43 PM »
I know how upset this decision has made you but you have found the strength to put this little kitty's life first and foremost.

xxxx

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2008, 23:20:51 PM »
Glad Cleo is ok, she sounds a little sweetie. It was a horrible decision to have to make Dawn but you did what was best for her. These things are never easy and if only people would be responsible we wouldn't have to beat ourselves up so much and have to make these decisions.

She has the chance of a fabulous life now - fingers crossed the vet can persuade her hubby  ;D :Luv2:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2008, 21:28:30 PM »
glad everything went well.
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2008, 19:26:32 PM »
Piccies!! She sounds lovely. :Luv:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2008, 19:15:30 PM »
Glad Cleo is ok  ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2008, 18:22:27 PM »
Cleo is home and she's absolutely fine  :Luv:  :Luv:  Sean said the surgery went well but she was a little cold when she came round so he put her on a heat mat.  As soon as she saw me she jumped up for headbutts telling me everything that nasty Sean had done to her bless her   :Luv2:  Siobhan the other vet has totally fallen in love with her and has for the last couple of days been trying to persuade her hubby to let her have her, she said she is the cutest little thing and when she was fussing her over the weekend, she said she kept squashing her nose under her chin when she was having a cuddle  :Luv2:  :Luv2:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2008, 13:58:15 PM »
I think most of the vets round here do.  It's not the ideal scenario but when you look at how many homeless cats/kittens there are and how many ferals, it's the only way  :'(  It's just a shame people don't think of this when they allow their cats to get pregnant and then decide they don't want them  >:(
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 13:58:59 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2008, 13:50:13 PM »
That is good news - I am so pleased that Cleo is ok and look forward to seeing pictures.

I was somewhat surprised that your Vet would spay during pregnancy because my Vet practice will not.  When I took Parrot in to be spayed last month the lady Vet made sure that she was not pregnant before taking her in as Parrot had just had her first season a couple of weeks previously.  I presumed that would be the same with all Vet practices but obviously not.

Good luck with the recovery period   :hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2008, 12:50:12 PM »
Thanks Mark  :hug:  :hug:  She is such a sweetie and I can't see her waiting long for a home, she's the spit of my mini Soot and fairly dainty.  I'm just pleased it's all over and done with and she can now enjoy being a cat for once instead of being a kitten rearing machine  :Luv:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2008, 12:46:18 PM »
Great Dawn  :hug:

You did the right thing by her and she can look forward to building her strength up and having the great life she deserves  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2008, 12:33:55 PM »
I phoned the vets up earlier and she's absolutely fine  :Luv:  I can pick her up later this afternoon and if she's up to it, I'll get some piccies  :hug:  :hug:

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2008, 12:29:54 PM »
Hows Cleo doing? - hope is going well bless xxxxxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2008, 22:49:44 PM »
i think you are doing the right thing, she hasn't had enough time to recover from her previous litters, so why put her and the babies lives at risk?

Thanks Des, I know it's the right decision, there are other considerations to take into account and it would be great if everyone looked at the whole picture.  It's not a decision taken lightly and it has made me feel  :censored: but Cleo is the priority, not how I feel  :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2008, 21:50:48 PM »
i think you are doing the right thing, she hasn't had enough time to recover from her previous litters, so why put her and the babies lives at risk?
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2008, 17:48:46 PM »
Dawn, you did what you thought was best. Cleo is already here and has had so much stress put on her body. It's awful that you and every other rescue have to make decisions like this because people are so irresponsible. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2008, 17:11:42 PM »
Dawn..... :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2008, 16:47:02 PM »
I think under the circumstances, and with the advice of the vet, it's the best decision for Cleo.  You have to remember, this poor cat has already had 4 litters in less than a year, a fifth is putting unnecessary stress on her body.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2008, 16:04:27 PM »
Cant say i agree with the decision that has been made but i hope all goes well - big kiss to Chloe and a hug to you Dawn xx

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2008, 21:22:20 PM »
Thanks Sarah  :hug:  I'm sure she'll be fine, Sean will be doing her op so she's in safe hands  :)

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2008, 21:20:15 PM »
glad to hear she has settled in fine and fingers crossed that all goes fine for Monday Dawn.  :hug:   I hope this had put your mind at ease now? :)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2008, 20:10:12 PM »
Thanks for everyones advice and yes I took the vets as well  ;)  :hug:  :hug:  Cleo is in the vets and she'll be getting done on Monday, Siobhan said she's healthy at the moment and it's best that we keep her that way, by putting her through another birth may be too much for her.  She was fine when I took her through and got her cage sorted and was eating within seconds bless her, I'll get some piccies of her when she's recovered from her op  :Luv:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2008, 12:19:00 PM »
 don't know what to add Dawn other than I agree that you should let the vet give you an unbiased opinion  :hug:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline woowoo

• Senior Cat
    • Four paws pet rescue Cumbria South
  • Slave to: Basil,Fred,Molly,Trevor,Pepe,Mabel, Odin(RIP) and the four dogs.
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2008, 11:46:53 AM »
DD if you need any help I'm in South Cumbria, so not too far away. I've got a kittenery(!) in my garden, only new this year. I'm sure you'll work out what's best for her. Trust your instinct. :hug:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2008, 22:17:57 PM »
I think you've just got a bit too much on your plate and too much spinning round your head Dawn.  Give yourself a little time out if you can and see the other vet on Monday.  ALthough they may not say anything different to Sean, even if they say the same then it may help you get your head round it all.

I know its far easier said than done... as we all get emotionally involved even in the shortest time... but try stepping back from the decision completely and let the vets decide.  You concentrate on the after and daily care for mum.  One other way to look at it  as well... which maybe not the best way to put it.. so sorry....

is if anything were to happen to mum as a complication of the birth I know you would never forgive yourself so take yourself out of the decision making process if you can hun :hug:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2008, 22:02:42 PM »
Dawn we all know you and trust your judgement.  :hug: :hug: A situation like this is always going to end in tragedy in some way, but you must remember you brought none of this into being. Don't beat yourself up as it achieves nothing and certainly won't help mum cat, will it?  :shy: :blow kiss:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2008, 20:56:50 PM »
Thanks Sarah  :hug:  :hug:  The mistake I made was thinking about it too much, always a big mistake with me.  I then made the mistake of talking to my mate who's a vet nurse, she feels exactly the same and it was just something she said that really got to me  :'(  :'(  I know what the right decision is basing it on when her last litter was rehomed, but I'm finding it hard at the moment as I have another 2 in the same situation and I have to make the same decision, so it's just getting to me a little at the moment   :'(  I'm not sure what it will achieve getting the vet to check them all but I think it may help me get my head round it, I honestly don't know  :Dont know:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 20:58:14 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2008, 20:40:22 PM »
Dawn, if it didn't break your heart or you got upset about it, then I'd say its time to hang up your boots!  :hug:     I know there are those who can make these decisions without feeling or emotion but I, like you, struggle with certain decisions that although my head knows its the right thing to do, my heart still tugs.

In this instance though I do feel it is one that has to be made with your head based on the information from Sean or the other vet as to how far along she is and what their recommendations are to ensure the best for mum.  As hard as it is a decision to make mum has been through a lot and whilst yes she'd go through it again as she has no choice it may not necessarily be what is best in the end.  Either way the vets will guide you through it based on their opinions and if you follow their advice then it does take it off your shoulders in a way regarding the decision.   :hug:   :Luv2:

If you need or want to talk it through, you know where I am!  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2008, 20:13:26 PM »
I'll be seeing the other vet tomorrow as I know she'll be honest with me.  I trust Sean 100% but he also knows how I feel so he may tell me she's less than she is so I don't feel as bad.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2008, 19:49:34 PM »
 :hug: :hug: let sean guide you, its never easy making such decisions.  Would be more concerned if it didnt bother you  :shy:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2008, 18:07:32 PM »
Something came up today so I didn't manage to get to the vets but she'll be going in tomorrow after work and she's pencilled in for Monday just in case.  I spent all day yesterday and today thinking about the rights and wrongs of what I'm doing and it's making me feel physically sick, and this has nothing to do with comments that were made earlier on in the thread, this is just my whole feelings on it.  I'm going to make the right decision for mum regardless but it doesn't stop it breaking my heart if I decide to go ahead with the spay  :'(  :'(  I've been sat here in tears thinking about this and I shouldn't have to making these decisions day in and day out and be expected to let it wash over me, I absolutely  :censored: hate it  :'(  :'(

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2008, 11:24:49 AM »
all you can do Dawn ... keep us posted but hopingall works out OK :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2008, 00:29:52 AM »
Just a quick update on this little girl.  She feels quite a bit bigger than the 4 weeks the lady thought she was initially so she's going in for a checkover tomorrow and I'll see what the vet says.  Her last litter was taken away from her on the 13th April and they were then 6 weeks old, prior to that, her litter before was given away on the 23rd December so she's had a busy few months really  :tired:  She may feel bigger because she's quite a small cat but I'll see what they say  :wish:  I will keep you posted and I'll get some piccies of her as soon as I have chance.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 00:34:02 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2008, 20:55:31 PM »
That is good.
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2008, 18:54:01 PM »
Great, is she going back to her owners for a while?

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2008, 18:40:30 PM »
Well done Dawn  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2008, 18:31:46 PM »
She should be getting sorted by tomorrow  :hug:

Link to CatChat