Author Topic: Looking for a cat in the Leeds area?  (Read 2088 times)

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
Re: Looking for a cat in the Leeds area?
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 10:33:24 AM »
No, we re-home many indoor cats with FeLV, FIV and healthy cats and kitten where we are confident that they will settle

Glad that's the way it is now, 3 years ago I asked about adopting a cat for indoor only and was told no.

So I went elsewhere and got our burmese monster....

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 10:27:33 AM »
 ;D     I just wondered as we have places up here who don't  and I don't agree with it.    Glad to hear that you don't exclude folks just because of them wanting to keep their cats in and safe.   ;)
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 10:20:15 AM »
No, we re-home many indoor cats with FeLV, FIV and healthy cats and kitten where we are confident that they will settle
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 22:53:11 PM »
so does this mean that you are completely against Indoor cats only??    There are plenty of people who can offer a safe, loving and happy home to a cat but who do not have a garden or are not in an area where it would be safe to do so.

Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 17:31:56 PM »
What we aren't happy with is when people work full time, have no flap and see no problem in leaving their cats out all day whilst they're at work! Of course if people work from home or are retired then we look at that.

I agree with that. My mums friend opposite shuts her 2 cats out virtually all the time, they didnt even have a bed in the shed until my mum did holiday care for them  >:(
All my family work but virtually always different times, they get the odd day shut in. With tunnels and catnip mice :drool;

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 17:02:06 PM »
Hey!

Cat flaps are such a contentious issue with owners and it's one we struggle against time and time again. I know of many owners who don't have flaps and the cats are 100% happy. What we aren't happy with is when people work full time, have no flap and see no problem in leaving their cats out all day whilst they're at work! Of course if people work from home or are retired then we look at that.

It's something that our Welfare Officer deals with when she does home visits and it also depends on the type of garden they have, what the area is like (some areas have lots of cats and therefore resident cats need to know they can get away from fights etc) so a lot dpends on it.

I'm like you and like to know where my cat is all the time, but she doesn't really go out unless i'm there anyway! I also lock the catflap in at night and if i'm going out so I don't have to worry.
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 16:56:40 PM »
I read your sites bit about catflaps, and can see where your comming from but do you rule people out of homing a cat if they dont have/wont put one in?
I have 6 cats and no flap, they go out when theres someone home to leave the door open. I would worry too much if they could wander outside at free will while im out  :scared:

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
Looking for a cat in the Leeds area?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 16:24:45 PM »
We have so many cats and kittens in our care, and have just launched putting video footage of some of our cats onto the site. This means you can see them at play, eating and generally doing what cats do!

See our home a cat section on our website at http://adel.cats.org.uk

We look for homes well away from busy roads, with catflaps already fitted and a garden. We look forward to hearing from you!

Link to CatChat