Author Topic: Abigail  (Read 23620 times)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: Abigail
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2007, 19:19:26 PM »
He's minute!!! what a tiny kitten, lucky to survive, and all down to you...

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2007, 19:18:02 PM »
He's also a little whingebag  :Luv2: .........he does remind me of his namesake actually  :evillaugh:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2007, 19:15:37 PM »
 :-: He's so very tiny   :hug: Crossing everything that can be crossed for Little Sean to pull through.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2007, 19:13:46 PM »
If I'm honest, I'm glad it's all over and done with now, she's been through enough and she's getting a little better each day with baby Sean but she still isn't mother material.  I'm hoping with support from both sides, he'll survive  :Luv2:  :Luv2:

Here's some pics of the gorgeous little man anyway, these were taken the first couple of days so he's still quite underdeveloped to how he should be.  He's grown a little bit since then and his fur is more pronounced but I'll take some new piccies of him later  :Luv2:  :Luv2:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2007, 19:07:29 PM »
Sounds like the latest one might have been the cause of all the earlier miscarriages and premies, it was the one that cooked full term, while the others were brought on by the preparation for this one's birth - but as Desley says, at least she won't have to go through it again, poor girl

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2007, 19:05:22 PM »
So sorry about the new one, fingers crossed baby Sean survives. At least she doesn't have to go through this ever again.
Please spay your cat

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2007, 19:03:10 PM »
Oh Dawn, so sorry.  :hug: RIP little one xx

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2007, 19:00:27 PM »
Abigail has given birth again but the baby was still left in the sac and she didn't bother cleaning him  :'(  :'(  I'm not sure if he was alive or dead when he was born but she ignored him anyway and he's gone to the bridge  :'(  He seemed extremely large compared to the others.

RIP little one's , xxxx

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2007, 13:44:16 PM »
Abigail and baby Sean are still doing okay   :shoosh:  Baby Sean is tiny so I'm still having my worries and Abigail is well.............  :shify:  not really very maternal  :tired:  She is trying bless her but needs a lot of encouragement and the only way he will make it is with mum's help and a few little top ups from his aunty Dawn.  She doesn't wash him so I have the pleasure of that job but she's quite happy him suckling once I finally get him to latch on.  I'm hoping he will be okay so we'll wait and see.  I'll post the piccies on later  :hug:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2007, 13:38:50 PM »
Hiow is Abigail and little Sean today, sending hugs and kisses to them both. :Flowers:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2007, 10:10:17 AM »
Aww, fingers crossed Dawn. Maybe she is just confused with teh multiple labours, and that is why she isn't acting maternal? OR maybe she is just fed up of having babies!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2007, 03:08:44 AM »
I've given the little one a couple of top up feeds but literally dribbles, he's soooo tiny bless him.  I've taken some piccies which I'll post tomorrow.  Abigail seems a lot better with him and has given him the odd lick but I've been wiping his back end to stimulate him to go to the loo because I doubt very much she's doing it  :tired:  I can't believe she's had kittens beforehand, she doesn't seem maternal in the slightest  :Crazy:  He seems to be doing okay but I'm still worried as to whether he'll pull through or not  :wish:  The differance in him in 24 hours is amazing really.......already his fur is starting to grow  :Crazy:  :Crazy:  He was pretty much baldish yesterday with a very light down on him, today you can see he's going to be the same colour as mum, possibly darker  :Luv:  :Luv:  I've had him latched onto mum a few times but I think it seems to be a learning kerb for both of them  :Dont know:  Possibly with him being prem, he will take a little longer to get the hang of things but I hope it's soon as it's giving me a bad back and neck leaning over trying to get him suckling  :-:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2007, 23:28:58 PM »
Sending positive vibes your way for the little kitty~~~~~~~ :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2007, 21:09:05 PM »
Baby is still alive but I'm a little confused as to what's going on  :Crazy:  I texted Sean this morning and he said he/she's in with a chance but may need top up feeds.  Not sure what to do now, I'll have a chat with him tomorrow to see whether she will need another scan or not  :tired:  We have decided, as it's Uncle Sean's birthday today and I forgot  :-[  :-[ , the little baby is going to be Sean the Moggy if it's a little boy  :evillaugh:  :evillaugh:  I really hope this little one makes it, he's been a fighter so far so really deserves to survive  :wish:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2007, 20:01:39 PM »
Thankyou blackcat, i didnt know about the first and second litter :wow:, i love this place you learn so much. :thanks: :Luv:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2007, 19:44:18 PM »
Yes, a queen can continue to mate during pregnancy and may release additional eggs in response to the subsequent matings, so may carry more than one litter. Usually two litters, as there are two horns to the uterus. three is a bit more unusual. The labour for the first litter usually aborts the second litter who are premature, and the kittens rarely survive. But if, as seems to be the case here, they are only a couple of days apart, then there is some chance that the other kits will be fine, especially as they seem to have 'hung on' so to speak.

A litter can also have more than one sire as the queen may mate with multiple cats in 24 hours and each one might get lucky in the sperm-to-egg race. Another one of those marvellous things about cats. :Luv2:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2007, 19:35:20 PM »
I was told sometimes they mate with different male or the same male, but different time when they are on heath!!? Thats why they have a gap on giving birth, becos they mated twice or more  within few days of each other. Never read this in abook though, has any one read anything about this? :)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2007, 18:39:09 PM »
Fingers crossed for the little one Dawn, and hope there is nothing wrong with the one still in her - it is a very odd pregnancy, I have heard of cats having one or two before the rest, but to have 3 labours is unusual!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2007, 16:58:46 PM »
Fingers crossed that this all works out... jeez, it makes me so cross. Poor Abigail, poor premmy babies. Could have been spared all this so easily with a little operation.

I wonder if vet hospitals can/would ever attempt more aggressive support of a very premature kitten, as with premature babies? I'm thinking surfactant and oxygen, primarily.
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2007, 16:43:11 PM »
But she still has one more inside her? Hope goes well with this little one :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2007, 09:35:09 AM »
The baby is still alive and Abigail is still allowing her to suckle  :yesss:  She nice and warm and seems to be doing okay  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2007, 03:27:33 AM »
I think me having to wait up must have been fate  :tired:  Abigail has given birth again  :oh noo: but after about 2 hours of persuasion she has finally let the little one suckle  :yes:  At first she ignored the little one, leaving the placenta attached again, every time I tried to put the baby on her nipple she started to growl  :scared:  I managed to gentle rub the baby along her fur in the hope she would start sniffing her and then suckle but to no avail.  I finally tried to lie her on her side which she wasn't impressed about but I think the only way this baby is going to survive is through her mum.  Anyway at last she succumbed to motherhood and finally lay on her side willingly while I attached the baby to her nipple  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  She now seems pretty contented and I am so relieved  :)  I'm going to keep an eye on her for a bit and hopefully her full maternal instinct will kick in, it will still be touch and go for the little one as she is still prem but she's in with more of a chance than her poor siblings  :wish:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2007, 08:07:43 AM »
Great news, fingers crossed for them all.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2007, 18:26:29 PM »
Wonderful news  ;D

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2007, 18:09:15 PM »
Thats great news. Hope they will be be healthy. do let us know when she gives birth. ;D

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2007, 16:46:22 PM »
so pleased she and the babies are okay.  Give her a hug and kiss from me.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2007, 16:42:16 PM »
Abigail has had another ultrasound and Sean said both babies appear fine  :)  I've got to keep and eye on her and if need be we can have another scan next week.

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2007, 15:21:25 PM »
Hope all goes well with Abigail tomorrow, keeping fingers crossed for her and the babies.  RIP the little ones that didn't make it - go and play on the Bridge with baby Gizmo and his brother and sisters - they were also too good for this world and I think their mummy knew it.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2007, 21:52:42 PM »
Fingers crossed for her on Wed, I hope one isn't dead in case it causes a prob before Wed.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2007, 21:08:37 PM »
I will keep you all updated  :hug:

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2007, 20:24:46 PM »
Oh bless her  :hug: Will be thinking of her on Wednesday  :hug:

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2007, 17:20:04 PM »
Let us know how she gets on on Wednesday.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2007, 16:49:13 PM »
Aww keep us updated on how she goes at the vets. hope the rest of the babies are born a live a healthy ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2007, 16:04:16 PM »
Abigail has been in for an ultrasound, there are 2 more babies that Sean can see but he can only see one heartbeat as they were lying oddly.  She is going back in again on Wednesday for another ultrasound and hopefully he can get a clearer picture then.  Fingers crossed that these will be okay, he's a little concerned that if there is one live and one dead, it's possible the dead one is responsible for her aborting  :tired:  Anyway, I will know more on Wednesday.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2007, 12:19:13 PM »
Thankyou! ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2007, 07:56:11 AM »
I think it is called a mothers instinct Pav.
Please spay your cat

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2007, 00:17:54 AM »
I'm not even sure if she does have any more that she'll rear them.  She had no interest whatsoever in the one's she gave birth to but the fact they were early might be the reason, maybe she knew they wouldn't make it.  I hope for her sake there's no more.
I think she knew they are not well, many years ago when my persian cat gave birth , she refused to feed them and i found her sitting on them! I moved her and called a person i knew with lots of experiance and i was told that my cat knows the kittens are not well and thats why she is doing it? I couldnt accept it so i managed to save 2 and bottle fed them, came back one day and found out she has taken them out and left them in neighbour garden!
I got them back in and raise them, they both didnt make it to their first year?? I went against nature and i believe ,  that the mother cat reject the babies when they are not well.But how do they know??

RIP little ones.x
Hope abigail is fine.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2007, 22:17:25 PM »
I do too Dawn, but at least she is safe now.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2007, 22:13:33 PM »
I'm not even sure if she does have any more that she'll rear them.  She had no interest whatsoever in the one's she gave birth to but the fact they were early might be the reason, maybe she knew they wouldn't make it.  I hope for her sake there's no more.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2007, 22:09:29 PM »
I have heard of a pedigree having one kitten, then keeping hold of the others for another month. Fingers crossed for her tomorrow.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat