Author Topic: Alice - update - also kitten update  (Read 13381 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Alice - update - also kitten update
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2007, 12:16:07 PM »
She doesn't like Kylie  :evillaugh:

Last spring. There was a cat a had to collect on the quick. Maybe some people remember him? - I had to keep him in the kitchen for a few hours and it didn't bother her. Kylie is a big bridge to cross. Anyway, we are being realisitic and it it doesn't work, sobeit. We have decided that at least we will keep her as a foster rather than her going to another foster before rehoming. In the meantime I can try intro's - if it doesn't work, she is safe and happy in the attic suite. She even greets us when we go up with croaky meow. She has a bed, a chair with a mothercare baby blanket I got yesterday, a whole bedroom with ensuite and a landing & staircase to move around  :Luv2: - OH is pretending to resist keeping her but decided to sleep in the attic last night "to finish a book" - but seemed quite happy that Alice snuggled up all night  :Luv2:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2007, 11:52:02 AM »
Maybe Willow likes other girl cats?

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2007, 11:31:56 AM »
Glad that her belly is down, but I still dont think keeping her is an option - while Willow didn't seem bothered by her, she could still spray if another cat is introduced to her environment.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2007, 11:30:24 AM »
Pleased to say Alice's belly has gone down  :Luv:

She followed me down the attic stairs today -  opened the door a bit and Willow was there. Surprisingly, Willow did not react at all. I held the door open a bit so they could see each other but avoid contact. Alice hissed a bit but Willow wasn't bothered  :Crazy: - I held the door for a minute so they could see each other then closed the door. I half expected Willow to be aggressive with me but she was fine and rolling on her back etc  :Luv2:

Alice is also doing a lot of belly showing. I will take it a bit at a time and see what happens  :Luv2:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2007, 18:49:17 PM »
At least she wont be at risk of being beat up or causing your cats stress MArk. You keep thinking long and hard about Willow though, and you aren't willing to do anything, so I dont think you should try with Alice, poor Willow doesn't need another cat in her home.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2007, 18:46:26 PM »
Going to Paula's is only a stopgap as she is a fosterer. I think we need to think long & hard about Willow if she is the problem. There is no harm in trying before passing poor Alice on.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2007, 18:17:55 PM »
I personally think your OH is right Mark, you know that Willow's probs are territorial, and adding one more cat into the mix wouldnt be fair on her, and you said on the first thread 2 of yours are bullies, and that isn't fair on poor Alice. I think her going to Paula's might be the best option.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2007, 18:16:06 PM »
OH is adamant that we already have enough trouble with 3 cats and introducing a 4th won't work. He has just gone up to the attic "to read" - I know she will settle down on him up there/ I just spent the last hour with her and she curled up on me and didn't stop purring  :Luv2:

Paula, one of the fosterers said that she has someone viewing the cat she has at the moment (the lady that was going to see Alice) and the plan is, if the lady takes her cat, Alice will go to her. I need to work quickly. I asked her if we should try proper introductions etc before giving up. She thinks it's a good idea  ;D

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2007, 12:55:19 PM »
Mark, sometimes, when we really want something to happen... we just kinda make it happen  ;)

:sneaky: well said Ruth  :evillaugh:

Mark, stop with the "we cant" and replace with "maybe we can try"   :evillaugh:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2007, 10:33:22 AM »
Mark, sometimes, when we really want something to happen... we just kinda make it happen  ;)

Alice is beautiful. xx

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2007, 10:11:41 AM »
Paula dropped a Milbemax tab through the lettebox early this morning which she took in her food easily  ;D -  Does anyone know how lond it will take for he belly to go down? She looks quite uncomfortable although she doesn't stop purring. Even when she eats  :Luv2:

OH is besotted as well - she worked her magic headbutting etc  :Luv2:. Unfortunately, we have nowhere to keep her in the new year when the B&B reopens. Even if we don't reopen. We can't keep her shut up in the attic forever  :(

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2007, 01:33:45 AM »
She is so beautifull. I think it meant to be for her to go to the vet so you go to pick her up and save the old mans , sister cat which was dumped there. Did i make any sense? I dont think so its been a long day.

But may be you should keep her, she is gorgeous. :Luv:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2007, 01:01:13 AM »
Not too much of a snag , cos meds should get rid of em.............ummm snag could be getting the meds in her  :evillaugh:

Caroline said I am a lightweight and she will come and do it  :evillaugh: (she is a nurse  :evillaugh: )

She has wiped her bum on my cream carpet and there is a brown mark  :sick:
(Alice, not Caroline  :evillaugh: )
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 01:01:39 AM by Mark »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2007, 00:59:58 AM »
Not too much of a snag , cos meds should get rid of em.............ummm snag could be getting the meds in her  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2007, 00:58:25 AM »
She is lovely and looks like she is learning to like it there  ;D

I wish I could keep her but probably not possible - she is settling in really well. I know she just needed a lap and had enough of the outdoor life  :Luv2:
She is wrapping me round her paws though. So far, 4 pouches, Hills Dry, PAH dry and roast pork  :Luv2:
One snag - she has worms  :sick: - will sort it tomorrow as I don't have any Drontal.

I can't believe she has been waiting months  :(
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 00:59:59 AM by Mark »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2007, 00:53:45 AM »
Kitten update. Kitten is now a caroline's  ;D

She is OK and will be sleeping with Caroline's little boy Dominic  ;D

Also, she possibly has a home lined up  ;D ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2007, 00:52:34 AM »
She is lovely and looks like she is learning to like it there  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2007, 00:37:03 AM »
And more

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2007, 00:33:33 AM »
Tht's the idea but indoor spaces are very limited and usually kept for injured, sick cats or kittens. I am already getting attached toher. I spent some more time up there and laid on the floor - she fell asleep on me  :Luv2:

I keep putting her on the bed but she jumps down. I don't think she has ever slept on a bed or chair  :( - she is learning quickly though - she just stayed on the bed this time - except when I went to leave - she follows me like a lamb  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 00:55:32 AM by Mark »

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2007, 23:25:06 PM »
Bless her - will they not be juggling to find her a space elsewhere?
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2007, 23:23:04 PM »
Not sure - she has to go back to the vets in 9 days, although we will get the result of the biopsy early next week
 (shhhh OH thinks its for 2 or 3 days  :evillaugh: )
I am trying not to get too attached. 1. Because I can't keep her, 2. I'm worried about the result - although they have done some drastic surgery this time. Her face is stitched from her neck to top of her cheek. She doesn't seem to be in any pain though  :tired: - she is a happy little soul.  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 23:23:34 PM by Mark »

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2007, 23:17:46 PM »
Aww, bless her. How long will she be with you?
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2007, 23:13:05 PM »
I have spent a fair bit of time with her. She does not stop purring and rubbingup against me and anything else in the room. Her tail is constantly waving around - what's that about? - she's not angry  :Luv2:

I laid down on the bedroom floor and within 5 minutes, was shown the belly and invited to stroke - She trusts me already  ;D

When I go up to the attic, he little head is looking round the bannister and when I go back down, she sees me half way down  ;D

The more I see her, the younger she looks  :Luv2:

So different t the hunched up cat that wouldn't go in her pen. I just wish I could spend more time with her. She is hungry for affection - amazing that she lived under a car for a year   :(

Will get some more pics soon

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2007, 19:31:04 PM »
She is up in the attic. There is a door, then a flight of stairs before you get up there. Willow spat at her but I think she has forgotten now  :evillaugh:

There wasn't much choice in the matter really. She needed to be in the warm and mine was the only available place. Sheis getting what I normally charge £95 a night for  :evillaugh:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2007, 19:25:49 PM »
Fingers crossed for everyone, and I really hope Alice being at yours doesn't cause any issues for your cats Mark.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2007, 17:20:46 PM »
I did't get to see her at Animal House - If I can make the meeting tomorrow........... :evillaugh:
Otherwise, I will have to nip over for a coffee next week  ;D

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2007, 17:12:45 PM »
The kitten rescued by PB like night is now with Caroline our fosterers. She is black and we have called her Luna.. She has a minor injury, very hungry and prob around 6wks old or so...

Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2007, 15:52:38 PM »
Well done Mark, another one safe and warm.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2007, 15:51:01 PM »
Well I picked Alice up and she is safely installed in her own 5 star suite (the attic suite  :evillaugh: )

She has polished off 1.5 pouches of kit-e-kat, 1 pouch of whiskas senior and a handful of Hill's oral care. I have a hoard of food Clapton wouldn't eat and it is being put to good use. I was going to donate it to CP anyway  :evillaugh:

They told me a very tired Julie dropped the kitten off before I arrived. I didn't see her as I was busy dealing with Alice and an elderly man dumping his sister's cat at the vets (on another thread)

Anyway, I have given her a radio. She hid for a while but with a full belly, she became a big purr-head and was headbutting me like mad. I am giving her a while to calm down. The other cats are annoyed. Willow greeted me at the door and spat at Alice, Kylie appeared and is sniffing round.

Anyway, they have cut the other lump out and stitched Alice's neck up.

She will be warm, well fed and comfortable here  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 15:58:39 PM by Mark »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2007, 12:31:31 PM »
Typical of the RSPCE, probably find they've moved their Call Centre to India - it would be warm there. :shocked:

:rofl: :rofl:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2007, 12:14:57 PM »
Typical of the RSPCA, probably find they've moved their Call Centre to India - it would be warm there. :shocked:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 12:34:30 PM by Lesley (Eight Lives Left Kitten Rescue) »
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2007, 08:12:39 AM »
Kitten update.

The man who reported her is a star. Julie tried to catch her without luck and told the man to phone her if he had any luck. He phoned at 2.30am and said he had caught her!   ;D (Luckily Julie and Adrian who reported are both off work today!) Julie got the full story. He had been trying to catch her all day. He phoned the RSPCA and was told "It's warm the kitten will be fine " >:( . He had also printed and distributed 150 leaflets  ;D - out of desperation he searched the internet which led him to catchat where he got the CP number. Anyway, Julie is going to look after her for now. She is about 5 - 6 weeks old and must have got separated from mum somehow  :'(
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 09:34:48 AM by Mark »

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
Re: Alice - update - good vibes needed
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2007, 00:35:50 AM »
Good for you Mark helping out little Alice  :)

And hope the wee one is caught soon, it's starting to get very cold up here !!!
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2007, 00:24:18 AM »
Hope it goes well for PB and she finds it...........I think its gone very cold tonight, poor little thing.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2007, 23:55:15 PM »
There is also a kitten in the equation now. Long story but someone called tonight saying they had a kitten in their front garden all day but can't get it. I told them it was late and nothing we could do. I asked if he had left food and he had - also a carrier, hoping the kitten would go in. I called Sharon for advice. She said to tempt it with sardines and try to keep it til tomorrow. Then he called me back and said it had climbed into  a car engine and was crying. We advised smelly food etc and putting a big notice on the car. As I had emailed everyone on our list, PB emailed and said she would head down in the morning with a trap (this is in the centre of Canterbury). I phoned her and told her the latest. She said if it was a domestic kitten, she wouldn't be able to sleep as it wouldn't stand a chance. The last I know, PB was heading off in her pink car to try to rescue the kitten (this was around 10.30pm). It happens to be opposite where I am going in the morning so if she can't catch it, I will have a go too. Drop kitten of at Animal House vets in Herne Bay, collect Alice and make her comfy. Then OH will come home from work and say the house is a mess  :evillaugh: :Crazy:

The man is a cat lover so is keeping vigil - hope this works out well.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 00:07:08 AM by Mark »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2007, 23:09:19 PM »
Aww Mark - lucky you. I think Alice is gorgeous. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2007, 19:32:34 PM »
That's lovely news Mark

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2007, 17:20:12 PM »
well done mark :hug:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2007, 16:47:20 PM »
She is going to stay with me for a few days until there is a space  :Luv2:

I need to go to SCATS for wood and there is a PAH there too so I can get a bed & tray for her. So the plan is, I will get there for opening time tomorrow and then pick her up and bring her home.

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2007, 16:27:03 PM »
poor Alice, hope she gets better soon  :hug:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Link to CatChat