Author Topic: Chislet ferals  (Read 9489 times)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Re: Chislet ferals
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 16:29:13 PM »
Yes, I've got a kitten pen for recovery and the lady asking for help says we can use her barn as well.  ;)

But my biggest worry is the kittens. She says there's loads of them running around...  :scared: The branch is absolutely packed and I've still got Apache and Squaw. I'm trying to figure where else I can put a kitten pen.  :innocent: The bright side is OH says he can't wait as he's grown to quite like having Apache and Squaw causing trouble here - he's totally forgotten he's alergic.  :evillaugh:

We had a bit of publicity today because the local paper ran a piece about an aged lost puss we picked up. His owners spoted him and reclaimed him, but then the phones have been hot with folks trying to get us to take cats. We could just about squeeze in a young pregnant stray tortie we were told about this morning... Sadly we haven't had any offers of homes yet.  :tired: But I can't complain as it was probably the paper article that prompted this woman to ring us.  :)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Chislet ferals
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 16:15:27 PM »
Well done!  :1st place:

Have you somewhere to keep them while they recover? My vets were lovely and said theyd board them for free but i have a purpose built shed and run. Nice of them to offer tho  ;D

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Chislet ferals
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 14:31:55 PM »
Hi, guys!

A while back, I think I asked about the legal obligations farmers have to provide for ferals. This was because I was trying to sort out a colony of ferals living on a farm that were trying to branch out and were turning up in nearby houses gardens.
The farmer won't cooperate with a neutering campaign.  :tired:

But today we've recieved a plea for help from a nearby stables who are over run. The lady there is desperate and has been feeding these cats for months and months. There's all ages of kittens, all colours. Some are dumped domestics - we get a lot of that round here! Townies come to the country to dump their cats on a farm...  :(

But the point is I can trap there well away from the farmer's eyes, and the lady has done half the work for me as she's already set up a regular feeding spot.  :sneaky:

I'm going to be a busy bunny!  :wow:

Link to CatChat