Author Topic: Meet Arthur  (Read 26327 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Meet Arthur
« Reply #147 on: November 20, 2009, 15:08:39 PM »
Good luck this weekend, I think he does sound like a dental is necessary here, hope he gets the thumbs up for it!  :Luv2: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #146 on: November 20, 2009, 09:47:08 AM »
Poor boy, his teeth sound just like Pepper's with the blood and grinding  :( good luck with what you decide  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #145 on: November 20, 2009, 07:58:44 AM »
I think we are going to have to do the dental, he was really grinding his teeth last night, and then he did have a bit of blood round his mouth, so will speak to the rescue at lunch - I am going over there this weekend anyway. I still dont have a good feeling about it though
Please spay your cat

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #144 on: November 19, 2009, 22:22:43 PM »
I hope the ab's help Arthur. :hug:

He is gorgeous. :Luv: :Luv:x

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: All of my 7 furkids :o)
« Reply #143 on: November 19, 2009, 19:55:02 PM »
Arthur is gorgeous   :Luv2: :Luv2:

so lovely he's made me cry xx
Cats ... Pod, Rolo, Flora, Peaches & Ziggy
and
English Bull Terriers...  Lola & Tom

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #142 on: November 19, 2009, 16:37:57 PM »
Byron used to do it alot! she doesn't bother much now but when I was varnishing the skirting boards I did it with her on my shoulder  :evillaugh:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #141 on: November 19, 2009, 15:29:39 PM »
Oo! Ive had a cat jump on my back before, I was stood up and got the full stuck in claws!  :shocked: :hug:

Hope the abs help his mouth out Des, he is a pest but a very lovable one!  :Luv2: :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2009, 08:05:58 AM »
yep, fingers crossed the ab's will help, Desley.  He's got a right character, hasn't he?  :Luv:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2009, 08:04:19 AM »
Good luck with the abs, he sounds determined to get some attention  :evillaugh:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2009, 07:49:35 AM »
Spoke to the rescue last night, we are going to give him ab's first as I am very reluctant to go through a dental with him, I know his bloods were fine, but I just dont have a good feeling about it - mind you, I am still concerned there is something going on, I just can't see how a cat can drink as much as he does and not have any organ issues. He is also bothering his eye and ears, so hopefully going to have some Canaural too. He was funny on Monday night, i was crouched down fussing Elie, so he decided to jump on my back!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #137 on: November 17, 2009, 13:31:12 PM »
Yay! Glad you had a good break...Now "back to it"!  :evillaugh: :hug: :hug:

Cor Arthur must of been doing some munching! Im sure Ellie would of got her share though (hope she ate fast!).

Hope whoever gives the go ahead for his teeth to be sorted, mind you can you imagine how much he would eat without pain!  :shify: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #136 on: November 17, 2009, 11:47:08 AM »
He's hard work this one, isn't he?! Glad you had a good weekend away. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2009, 08:34:34 AM »
Hope you had a nice time  :) Good news about Arthur's weight, hopefully Ellie hasn't suffered though!  ooh the grinding - Pepper sounded like is teeth were going to fall out yesterday roll on a couple of weeks.  Don't you think Arthur will be up to a dental?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2009, 08:03:00 AM »
Yep, I was away this weekend - Arthur has put on a lot of weight this weekend, as he has managed to pinch quite a bit of Ellie's food. His breath is smelly again and he is really grinding his teeth, so I need to speak to the rescue today to see if we are going to put him through a dental or just keep giving ab's - not sure what I prefer really.
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #133 on: November 16, 2009, 15:03:53 PM »
As far as I know she is away :)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2009, 14:59:20 PM »
Not 100% sure (cant remember the dates) but Des may be away on a break at the mo!  ;) :hug:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #131 on: November 15, 2009, 08:12:36 AM »
Just wondered how Arthur is getting on now :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #130 on: November 10, 2009, 02:18:52 AM »
Aw! I do hope he gets some interest despite his age, he does have a huge lot of love to offer!  :Luv2: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2009, 08:16:42 AM »
Just found it - under the keyboard!!! Clearly thought it would be safe there!! Wont get chance to put him on now, but will try tomorrow morning. I just hope someone will offer him the chance, he will be oldest cat I have rehomed.

I'm always putting things in a safe place - too safe I can't find them! I'm sure he will get a nice home Desley  :)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #128 on: November 09, 2009, 08:11:33 AM »
Just found it - under the keyboard!!! Clearly thought it would be safe there!! Wont get chance to put him on now, but will try tomorrow morning. I just hope someone will offer him the chance, he will be oldest cat I have rehomed.
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #127 on: November 09, 2009, 06:40:05 AM »
Well, when I can find the log in details, he will be going on CatChat, but staying here for a while, unless he gets too bad and then he will go back to the rescue, but I think he will be worse there. HE has been a bit better with Ellie, he licked her tail this morning, but he is still domineering and trying to push her out of the way for a fuss, even though I Can fuss them both at the same time, that isn't good enough for him.

I can give you the details if you can't find them.  Arthur many settle in time Desley but it sounds like he'd like he'd be good with someone around alot of the time.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #126 on: November 09, 2009, 00:10:38 AM »
Good luck Des for rehoming him through CC....When you have found the details that is! Is everything a blur today for you dear?  :evillaugh: :hug:

Hope he does do well in with Ellie though, then on to a new home....that would be just fab!  :Luv2: :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #125 on: November 08, 2009, 12:55:35 PM »
Well, when I can find the log in details, he will be going on CatChat, but staying here for a while, unless he gets too bad and then he will go back to the rescue, but I think he will be worse there. HE has been a bit better with Ellie, he licked her tail this morning, but he is still domineering and trying to push her out of the way for a fuss, even though I Can fuss them both at the same time, that isn't good enough for him.
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2009, 16:23:10 PM »
What a trooper Arthur is - love the pictures, Desley. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2009, 13:49:22 PM »
Agree with Sue and Janey there! Bless him but Im sure as he is such a delightful fella, somewhere there will be a delightful forever home to match!  :Luv2: :hug: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2009, 08:36:40 AM »
Arthur sounds to be doing really well and he looks much better too, I think it sounds like he would be ok to be put for rehoming - on his own would be great but I also think with one other cat would probably work if there was someone there alot of the time to monitor him food and affection wise  :sneaky:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2009, 08:29:26 AM »
he is a very domineering cat.

Could be how he managed to survive what look to have been quite nasty injuries, bless him.   :cat rub: Probably better as an only cat.  Is he a neutered tom, Desley?  Not sure if you've said and I missed that.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2009, 08:17:32 AM »
She is still very wary, but fortunately eats as quickly as him!! He was funny this morning, I tried to stroke them both at the same time, but that wasn't good enough, he then moved from his hand to the one I was stroking Ellie with, so she moved away, he is a very domineering cat. He will sniff her and then miaow, so she tends to walk away. Will see what the rescue says tomorrow.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #119 on: November 05, 2009, 22:45:50 PM »
I'd see how he goes being in with Ellie for now, she will come round Im sure....Just a little wary of the sudden change methinks!  ;) :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #118 on: November 05, 2009, 12:19:58 PM »
Just caught up with this thread, and I have to say Arthur is absolutely gorgeous.   ;D  Desley, from looking at his first photos to now, you've wrought such a difference!  Lovely to see he's a bit norty, although understand why that can be exasperating!  :evillaugh:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #117 on: November 05, 2009, 07:47:36 AM »
He will try when I am there, he just normally gets noticed - last night he tried to take advantage again, he doesn't realise I can tell the difference between him eating and Sam eating even when I have my back to the bowl!! I put him in with Ellie last night, she is a bit more reluctant to come out when he is there, as he is straight up for a fuss, but it might be good her seeing him climbing on my knee. Will be easier for my neighbours too, as he doesn't dash out of the cat room as quickly as the bathroom!! Will speak to the rescue this week, but suspect they might want him back for rehoming.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2009, 15:58:15 PM »
So when you are around he does not bother with Sam's food, only when you leave the room?  :sneaky:  :Crazy:

Its really gonna be hard to monitor this and Im sure you feel awful him scratching at the door!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

He would seriously have a field day here!  :shocked: :hug: :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2009, 07:52:32 AM »
I know BM, such a shame he is such a nuisance with other cats food, I was on the phone last night, so he got to Sams food before I could stop him, and Sam had already not eaten most of his breakfast. He was a real nuisance after I went to bed too, just scratching at the bathroom door, but I couldnt let him out cos I needed Sam to be able to eat the food that was down.

Thanks BL, but fish liver oil isnt that great for cats, they need the body oil. i do have some Omega 3 fish oil capsules, might try them, and I did find a few sachets of Noractive this morning, unfortunately I found it after I had fed him.
Please spay your cat

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2009, 07:47:58 AM »
Desley my old man Eddie has a little bit of cod liver oil in his dinner and has done so for almost 2 months now and i find that helps him with his arthritis just as good as his synoquin does  :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2009, 14:23:43 PM »
Oh how yummy is Arthur!  :wow:

What a lovely if greedy man he is....looks so relaxed and not fazed out by anything type of guy!  :Luv2: :hug: :hug:

I see Sam in the background too!  :Luv2:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #112 on: November 03, 2009, 14:21:31 PM »
 :Luv2: Arthur photos

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2009, 08:29:27 AM »
He left some of his food yesterday (whcih is unusual, and typical after I have just bought 4 boxes!!), but I had also bought some different food, and he ate more of that, so maybe he was just fed up of the same food.

My friend gave Arthur a play session with Da Bird last night, so I got some pics, and she also groomed him, but he hates both his legs being touched, I suspect he is a bit arthritic, as he does sometimes look it when he walks. Typically I dont have any arthritis stuff in though.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #110 on: November 02, 2009, 16:37:34 PM »
My finger's are crossed that the abs work on his mouth!  :Luv2: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #109 on: November 01, 2009, 21:32:47 PM »
Hope that the Antirobe help, (I got some for Pepper the other day too) just email me any photos and I'll resize them for you  :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2009, 20:49:07 PM »
Got my neighbour to hold him down for me, not 100% happy, so going to put him on 5 days worth of Antirobe and see how he goes. He even took all day to drink his cat milk today!! I think part of the reason he takes so long is that he does like to go out, so his food is down for at least an hour in the morning before he bothers with it, and then he pretends he has forgotten, so I have to show him.

Very strange, thinking about it!! He has gained weight, although still looks a tad thin - again, I have new pics but no time to resize.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat