Author Topic: bunglycats new baby  (Read 33290 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: Persian that is called Phoebe is really called Baby.
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2008, 18:01:37 PM »
She's fine  :Luv:  She is a little growly when she spots the other cats but it's early days and everything's strange to her at the moment.  She is going to have her last feed shortly as I don't really want her eating too late as I think she'll be under quite a while in the morning, so it's just to be on the safe side.  I will get some more piccies later as well, I've got her out of the cat carrier now so should be able to get a couple of good ones of her gorgeous mush  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2008, 17:58:16 PM »
Thanks Dawn -thats great -will have a chat with her.
How is phoebe today ?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2008, 17:57:09 PM »
I've had a chat with Roz today and I've sent her the link to this thread, she said she'll pop on later and if you want, I can put you in touch  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2008, 02:57:05 AM »
Thanks hun  :hug:

How do i get hold of Roz??

I'll try and find her number for you tomorrow, off to bed now as I've got vets tomorrow  :hug:  :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2008, 02:36:19 AM »
Have sent you a pm Dawn with ebay seller on .
Off in a minute -got to go and tax my car tomorrow.
Wish i could win one of these competitions i keep entering every day -£10000 should sort the garden out for me .
As i said though -i have no problem with mine going out of it !
Dawn, you are more than welcome to come over for a bite to eat and take a good look round here anytime you can if you would like to do.

They are living in Pud's Paradise  :Luv:  :Luv:  Can you pm me the seller of the snuggle beds, mine would love them  ;D

Flint High School is about 6 miles away from me, I really don't envy her working there  :scared:
Well Tracey is pretty dominant and Very bossy - so maybe they are good for her !!?? :evillaugh:

Just had a thought -the cats could only get over the fence if they jump onto the concrete posts -they have never jumped on the wire as it moves - i have only ever seen Winston go over and he jumped onto the posts - if we could put somthing in front of the posts !??
They will never get over the wooden one -its way too high and straight - so nothing to climb onto !

It may be worth having a chat with Roz and seeing if she can suggest something, hopefully she can  :hug:  Is Winston the one that goes in your neighbours garden?

How do i get hold of Roz??
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 02:44:59 AM by bunglycat »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2008, 02:16:29 AM »
They are living in Pud's Paradise  :Luv:  :Luv:  Can you pm me the seller of the snuggle beds, mine would love them  ;D

Flint High School is about 6 miles away from me, I really don't envy her working there  :scared:

Just had a thought -the cats could only get over the fence if they jump onto the concrete posts -they have never jumped on the wire as it moves - i have only ever seen Winston go over and he jumped onto the posts - if we could put somthing in front of the posts !??
They will never get over the wooden one -its way too high and straight - so nothing to climb onto !

It may be worth having a chat with Roz and seeing if she can suggest something, hopefully she can  :hug:  Is Winston the one that goes in your neighbours garden?

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2008, 02:05:20 AM »
Here are the snuggle beds -this seller is great and still sells on ebay -also had igloo off her which is really great too.
One of the pics of the cat diamonte -there are about 10 different designs.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 02:10:08 AM by bunglycat »

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2008, 01:59:59 AM »
Will have a look tomorrow Dawn -not sure if he still sells on there as i haven''t seen any more like it .
Yes, think its Flint High school.
Don''t know how i could get the garden cat proofed really - if i could sell all those cat designs and t-shirts -that would help and then someone may have to look at it to see how it could be done.
The wooden fence is about 6feet and the bootom about 5 feet and the other side around 3 feet - its just so big and awkward due to the trees!!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2008, 01:52:52 AM »
that garden looks pretty persian proof to me and a garden that size would cost a fortune to cat proof.

i wish i had fences that high, well on one side at least.........sigh

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2008, 01:48:36 AM »
ebay Dawn ! I think they were about £45 delivered about 3 years ago -they have vet bedding in ,fleece on top and one has the thermal squashy metallic cushiony thing in under the fleece as Winston like sitting in it even if its cold!
They have great snuggly beds inside the house too - great beds , deep warm and fleecy also off ebay .
 The school my neice works at is Flintshire High school - i rang and ask her tonight.

Could you try and find out who the seller was, they look fantastic  ;D  Which Flintshire High School as there are a few or was it Flint High School

Will have a look at the fencing -but its only wooden fencing down one side and strong mesh/wire at the bottom and side .

I think if the garden was cat proofed, I would have no issues whatsoever in you homing Phoebe, everything else is just perfect  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2008, 01:38:28 AM »
ebay Dawn ! I think they were about £45 delivered about 3 years ago -they have vet bedding in ,fleece on top and one has the thermal squashy metallic cushiony thing in under the fleece as Winston like sitting in it even if its cold!
They have great snuggly beds inside the house too - great beds , deep warm and fleecy also off ebay .
 The school my neice works at is Flintshire High school - i rang and ask her tonight.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2008, 01:37:43 AM »
They have great snuggly beds inside to - great beds , deep warm and fleecy also off ebay .

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2008, 01:34:29 AM »
Will have a look at the fencing -but its only wooden fencing down one side and strong mesh/wire at the bottom and side .
The trees are right across the middle and  both end ones are very close to the fence and are about 20-25 feet high .
If it could be done -i would look about trying to sell some stuff to get the money together .
I did some cat shows for a couple of years - i gave some to rescues and some paid the vet bills.
I have quite a large amount of diamonte cat designs and t-shirts left -if i could sell all them it would  probanly pay for the cat-proof fencing if it can be done ??
I would say the garden is at a very rough estimate 80 feet  long and around 60 feet  wide - that is very roughly -will have to measure !

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2008, 01:30:21 AM »
What lucky furbabes   :wow:  I love the little cat houses as well, where did those come from  :shy:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2008, 00:28:53 AM »
Here''s a resized Sophie i found -can't leave her out !!! She is a bit camera shy - i get the camera out and she disappears or follows me !!!
and Smartie helping with the washing .

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2008, 00:12:22 AM »
Wow Gill !! Thats great and dead quick -How do you do that ???
Thankyou -they look great - poor Soph not on any ! She only potters outside for around 10mins a day -bit more often when the weathers better -she is nearly 14 .
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 00:13:42 AM by bunglycat »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2008, 00:10:55 AM »
The rest of the pictures

And Smartie the grey oine says this enough to make a cat laugh  ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2008, 00:09:22 AM »
The3y have arrived and will cross over two posts  ;D

Cats are gorgeous  ;D

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2008, 00:04:21 AM »
No , it has gone - where though ??  :rofl: :rofl:
I think one or two may be ok for size !?

The thing that Winstons sleeping in is a bit wind battered now -it came from The Supreme cat show at Birmingham about 5 years ago.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 00:05:36 AM by bunglycat »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2008, 23:57:26 PM »
I bet they still uploading from your end  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2008, 23:54:51 PM »
Gill -i have emailed you -there are about 5- 6 pics -so a big file -thankyou very much for doing this.
Just wanted to show the size of garden and how happy they all are ( seems Winston is always in the photos !!!)
Money is not good with me as not in work due to health issues ( not on deaths door though !)

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2008, 23:50:21 PM »
Where did you get that tree wotsit that Winston is sleeping in?  I can imagine my lot loving one of them in the summer  ;)

If you are interested in cat proofing then I would suggest you speak to Roz at Secur-A-Cat and explain you garden to her - she is very helpful.  It sounds like you have a much larger garden than I have - postage stamp comes to mind!  You could also take a look at Purrfect Fencing.

The Secur-A-Cat system is definitely moveable - I'm going to have to replace my fencing this year so will have to dismantle and then put back up :tired: The thought of unscrewing the 100+ of screws and then rescrewing them is not something I'm looking forward too  :shocked:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2008, 23:39:44 PM »
Click on mt name and my email addy in profile  ;D

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2008, 23:39:15 PM »
Funnily enough -maybe due to them having such a luxurious home here ( there are outdoor scratchers in the garden too and a bench and cushion for them to sit on ) they actually don''t go out of the back garden at all.
If they wanted to go out the gate -it would mean me pysically opening it.
i am at home all day and every time any of them go out into the garden -so do i .
I stop what i am doing and watch them or sit  on the bench with them.
Come 6.30 pm they are all in and the door locked ( i don''t have a cat-flap)
They are only outside when i am at home  - i have never left them outside unattended .
I do live in a very safe area and there are lots of cats on here and there is no through road.
I am also willing to get a very large crate so she could sit in the garden and get used to it and i would stay with her.

That sounds almost exactly how I am with my lot! If they are out in the garden its usually because I've gone out in the garden to do a bit of gardening or to hang the washing out - they like to be where you are don't they? When I open the gate from the cat proofed area in the morning they all rush out, examine the garden to check that everything was how they left it!, then rush back in again for breakfast. Then its sleep all day, another little excursion into the garden late afternoon, back in for tea, then sleep all evening LOL! The gate to the garden is then closed mid evening, until morning again.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2008, 23:38:05 PM »
Thanks Gill -thats great - heres one i found of Winston in the garden -this is already resized ( some were done before i swapped to Vista)
Whats your email please Gill.?

I just love that piccie of Winston, he is soooooo scrummy  :Luv2:  :Luv2:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2008, 23:36:52 PM »
But Dawn, when you're saying indoor - you're not meaning only indoor are you? - you mean with access to a 'safe' garden or cat run perhaps don't you? Indoor to me, means just that -  indoors with no outdoor access which I'm afraid I've never believed in.

With access to a cat proofed garden, as I think with Phoebe but I don't know until I suss her, the fact she was going out for so long, totally indoor might not be suitable.  Views on indoor/outdoor are always going to be different.  I do have some of my own cats that are totally indoor and they are extremely happy but I have the odd one of mine that does mither to go out, it depends on the cat.  I had 3 of mine poisoned so my views on indoor/outdoor are different to what they were 3 years ago but I'm also aware of how many pedigree/moggie cats disappear off the face of the earth as well, so this is also an issue for me.

Bunglycat, I could tell talking to you, your cats are all extremely loved and pampered  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2008, 23:35:12 PM »
Winston is gorgeous  ;D

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2008, 23:32:49 PM »
Thanks Gill -thats great - heres one i found of Winston in the garden -this is already resized ( some were done before i swapped to Vista)
Whats your email please Gill.?

« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 23:38:44 PM by bunglycat »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2008, 23:28:34 PM »
If you email the pictures I will put them up for you  ;D

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2008, 23:18:12 PM »
The 4 persians i have don''t roam freely - i do have a large back garden- it has a 6 and a half foot fence down one side , a 5 foot wire fence at the bottom ( theres a field over the fence there ) and a 3 foot fence the other side -when you come to the back door its surrounded by about a 15 foot wall and a 6 foot gate .
The only way they can get out is if they go into the field over the back fence -or into the neighbours on the lower side fence -this neighbour is an friendly old man who does not mind if they do go in his garden as he only cuts it about once a year - it looks like a field !!! :rofl:
Funnily enough -maybe due to them having such a luxurious home here ( there are outdoor scratchers in the garden too and a bench and cushion for them to sit on ) they actually don''t go out of the back garden at all.
If they wanted to go out the gate -it would mean me pysically opening it.
i am at home all day and every time any of them go out into the garden -so do i .
I stop what i am doing and watch them or sit  on the bench with them.
Come 6.30 pm they are all in and the door locked ( i don''t have a cat-flap)
They are only outside when i am at home  - i have never left them outside unattended .
I do live in a very safe area and there are lots of cats on here and there is no through road.
I am also willing to get a very large crate so she could sit in the garden and get used to it and i would stay with her.

I have never lost a cat yet in 30 years of ownership - the cats i have had in the past have died through illness ( kiney disease -1998 and FIP , AND Leukemia about 1994 , way before there was a vaccine for it)
I absolutely worship my cats and only live to make their lives happy .
Will leave it with you - but she would be so loved and cared for here .

I would like to cat proof the garden if i could afford it -but it is rented property ( 2 bed semi - been here nearly 10 years )
Also its a very large garden ( well it seems it when cutting it !  :rofl: ) and there are 3 very big trees right across the middle bit .
No idea how this could be done -and what happens if i move -could it come with me ? ( the cat proof fence !!)
I would never move anywhere that i couldn''t take my cats , near a busy road -or anywhere i would not consider suitable for them - me - as long as i have them thats all that matters - i can turn a house into a home !)
Just trying to tell the situation as it is as obviosly no -one can see - but i can post pics if someone can help me resize them !!!
I posted the pics before as they were resized - but no idea on how to do it with Vista -XP was easy .
Sorry for the really long post !!!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 23:26:17 PM by bunglycat »

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2008, 23:17:38 PM »
Not all breeders insist on indoor homes, the breeder of Gwynnie didn't, nor did the breeder I got Joe, Sam, Lucy and Ben from - there is no need for persians to be indoor only just because they are persians. Mine all go outside, they have a cat proofed area near the house which I can close off from the rest of the garden at night time - but the rest of the time they all have access to the rest of the garden. The persians don't roam out of the garden - in theory they could, and they do climb fences and like to sit on high up places which may be next doors shed, but they like to be in sight of their own territory (and me LOL!). They are not 'roaming' cats in the sense of the word, like for instance my free spirit Harry the mog is!

But Dawn, when you're saying indoor - you're not meaning only indoor are you? - you mean with access to a 'safe' garden or cat run perhaps don't you? Indoor to me, means just that -  indoors with no outdoor access which I'm afraid I've never believed in.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2008, 22:24:39 PM »
I do feel awful now but when Candice had FooFoo off me, it was on condition she was an indoor and I just assume rightly or wrongly, people on the forum know how I feel about letting them out  :shy:

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 21:01:45 PM »
I had to sign a contract with Chapelhouse Persian Rescue that mine would be indoor only - which was fine really because I had no intention of letting them out.

A lot of breeders stipulate indoor only too.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 19:40:24 PM »
I expect with the right home she wouldnt feel any need to wander at all.

I think personally the worry is still there the fact I know she wanders.  I guess this is down to the great indoor/outdoor debate really.  I try and rehome most of my cats indoors and I always rehome pedigrees as indoors, more so because they have a higher risk of disappearing than a moggy.  I'm not saying a moggies life is worth any less, but a pedigree on the loose, some people see £ signs and as Candice says, there are some evil people out there, I know as I've had 3 of my cats on the receiving end of it.  I have told bunglycat I will give it some thought as she has said she is prepared to keep her indoors but whether she'd hack it with the others going out is another story.  At the end of the day, I want to do what I feel is best for her or any cat in my care, she has to be priority.  I know the evils of the world and have had first hand experience, and maybe people don't agree with keeping them in but I'm not sure I would feel comfortable not doing :shy:

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 19:29:17 PM »
I really don't agree with allowing persians to free roam - I'm sorry if any others do here but there are some right nasty people out there and I would just be on edge constantly.  There is also the fact that persians are  - well a bit thick and don't tend to be as 'streetwise' as some other cats.  Yep you could say I am generalising but I personally couldn't take the risk.

The best solution is a safe catproofed garden in my opinion  :shy:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 19:18:22 PM »
Dawn I wonder if she went to lots of different people because she wasnt getting the attention at home? Persians are very people oriented, and if he's a lorry driver - presume he's away a lot/works long hours and what with the marriage break up and everything, she was probably just craving attention from other people. I expect with the right home she wouldnt feel any need to wander at all.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 18:06:38 PM »
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I've spoken to Mike and asked what he thought would be best for Baby.  I know I pm'd you earlier saying I wanted her as an indoor but thought I'd get his feel on things as well rather than rule out what sounds to be a fab home  :shy:  He said Baby had about 8 "homes" where she was, they live in a nice quiet area but being a typical Persian, she is, putting it nicely, dopey  :shify: and she has had a couple of near misses with cars.  She will also go up to anyone which isn't always a good thing as anyone could easily pick her up and put her in a car, so in light of all this, he does feel that an indoor home with a cat proofed garden is the best thing for her, and this is something I have to say I agree with.  I would have loved for you to have her but sadly I wouldn't be comfortable rehoming her with free access to the outdoors   :(

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 15:55:12 PM »
Have sent you a pm Dawn with my phone number .
Been trying to think of a new name for it -don''t really like baby !
Maybe i will have to have a poll too !! :rofl:

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 15:12:53 PM »
Awwww bless her  :hug:

Thank goodness Phoebe Baby is with you now  :)

Sending her lots of love and gentle cuddles xx

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 12:56:02 PM »
Hi Dawn,
Thats great -thankyou.
All mine go outside anyway -i have a very large back garden- but would obviously keep in her in for a few weeks first.
Will be off now as feeding and looking after next doors cat as she is on holiday.
Its pretty safe round here too -unless you live here or visit there is no through road to get to anywhere else, so not a lot of traffic.
Can pm you my phone number too.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 14:42:24 PM by bunglycat »

Link to CatChat