Author Topic: Beanie - Heartbreaking news  (Read 33448 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Oriental Siamese - Beanie is desperate for a home
« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2008, 17:36:10 PM »
Aww, poor baby - would it not be easier to just throw her bedding away? I am sure people would donate towels for her.
Please spay your cat

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2008, 17:29:18 PM »
Just a thought and I'm probably totally wrong, but would a puppy training sheet under her top layer of bedding help?Ifshe coped with it there, it would stop the underneath bedding getting soiled.

She is adorable looking :hug:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 17:39:11 PM by gibraltarcat »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #126 on: March 24, 2008, 16:05:53 PM »
Awww bless her, she looks to have lost weight since the other piccies  :(  I really hope someone will fall in love with her and see beyond her problems  :hug:  Thanks for posting piccies cupcake and can you give her a cuddle for me when you see her  :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2008, 15:50:56 PM »
Poor little soul.  We recently had two siamese on here with similar problems as Beanie and with lots of love and TLC (and very understanding "parents" they have come on in leaps and bounds) http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,9959.0.html
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline cupcake

• Adult Cat
« Reply #124 on: March 24, 2008, 15:47:29 PM »
Her runny tum is still bad ): it takes a full day to wash all of her bedding because it has to be washed 4 times just to get it clean and then the washing machine has to be disinfected.

I don't think theres really a point in putting her up for adoption, noone will take her because they dont have the time/facilitys to clean her contantly and keep her healthy.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #123 on: March 24, 2008, 15:47:08 PM »
Beanie's such a funny looking little girl - I think she's ace. Glad she's doing OK.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #122 on: March 24, 2008, 15:42:15 PM »
Ahhh bless her ... how's her "runny tum?"  Will she not be put up for adoption until that is sorted?

Offline cupcake

• Adult Cat
« Reply #121 on: March 24, 2008, 15:36:21 PM »
Pictures !
 :Luv: :Luv2:

Offline cupcake

• Adult Cat
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2008, 18:36:06 PM »
Yeah I will try to get some pics after I'm finished with all the cleaning, I didn't have to clean Beanie though because of her runny tum the actual staff did her.

She couldn't be in a better place x

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #119 on: March 16, 2008, 09:30:05 AM »
that's fantastic news isn't it Dawn. Bless her.   She really deserves to be happy. 
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #118 on: March 16, 2008, 01:17:50 AM »
Thanks for the update Cupcake, so pleased she's doing well bless her  :hug:  I still worry about her, she was one that really got to me and I hope she does find her forever home  :Luv:  Can you get some piccies of her and post them on the thread  ;)

Offline cupcake

• Adult Cat
« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2008, 22:08:39 PM »
Hey,
I just started doing work experiance for Martlets Cattery, its a really great place.
I saw Beanie and she looked content. :)
sorry for bumping up an old thread x

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2008, 15:26:08 PM »
fingers crossed things continue to improve Dawn. x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2008, 14:54:10 PM »
I'm glad there is a bit of progress Dawn, sounds like they are doing everything they can

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2008, 14:51:33 PM »
Update off Val on this gorgeous girl  :Luv:

Hi Dawn
My colleague who is looking after new has kept her on the Eagle Pack and also gone part over to raw meat and she had a spell where she has been a little bit better (less diarrhoea) and then last week had a couple of bad days again.  Lisa has been doing loads of research and she wants the vet to consider giving her another course of steroids because it is apparently important that she is doing an exclusion diet whilst she is having those which apparently she was not when she had the last steroids.
She is a very happy little girl and very sweet and having her now for this period we are not really concerned that her health issues pose much of a risk to spread to other cats, so we are now moving her from isolation to a larger pen where she can have more of a home from home and a less clinical environment.
The vet does not think there is much more medically to be done for her, she had all the tests possible and all treatment has been tried, so it is down pretty much to management of the condition.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2008, 23:23:01 PM »
Just caught up on this thread... what wonderful news!!!   so pleased for her and the cattery looks amazing!   Fingers crossed all works out for this little sweetheart.  She deserves it. xx

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2008, 08:52:11 AM »
Just wondering how the delightful Beanie Baby has settled in. I hope we are able to get a new photo of her. My heart still aches for her, the twins and all of these babes that need homes.

My heart aches with happiness for Simba & Coco  :Luv: , when I think of what was to be come of them, and Jackie & John persevered with them and now look at them  ;D

:P to the vet who said they have 'that' illness so gald you didn't listen to them, and pumped them with sensitivity control food, and wiped their bums  :sick: :evillaugh:.  I love these these 2 babes.  I hope Beanie falls on her paws too.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Jackie D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2008, 19:15:04 PM »
 :hug: good luck beanie babie.
 xxxx

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2008, 13:46:36 PM »
Glad she's found somewhere suitable for the time being, and fingers crossed an amazing forever home comes up for her shortly  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2008, 12:20:44 PM »
I spoke to Paul last night and he said the place is fab, he said the pens were even better than their conservatory  ;D  He said the people were lovely and although upset, he felt comfortable leaving her there.  He was going to ring them after he spoke to me to find out how she is and he said he'll let me know.  The OCA have also been in touch with the breeder to let her know that they now have Beanie in their care, apparently they have told her that she has had the runs since she arrived, but I think this is more stress related than anything.  I will keep you posted when I get news of her  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2008, 15:18:03 PM »
Ahh Dawn I've just had a look at the cattery site and it looks like a lovely place so I'm sure Beanie will be OK there.  I also read a couple of their newsletters and the people sound lovely  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2008, 01:18:07 AM »
I think she will be fine Dawn and as you have said this is the best that can be done for her at present. Hopefully a lovely forever home will come along very soon.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2008, 21:48:22 PM »
I've just had a chat to Valerie from the OCA and she's lovely and it sounds as if Beanie is in the right place.  The longest they have had a cat in their care is 9 months before a forever home is found.  The units they are housed in are all double units, they have their own radiators, soft covers, toys etc so basically it's like home from home.  Val said they get lots of attention and they have set times for each of the helpers, staff to go in the pens with them and spend quality time with each cat so she definitely won't lack the attention.  I feel a lot happier now I've spoken to her, they really do sound as if they care and she's fine about me phoning or emailing to see how she's getting on.  I had to pull myself together a couple of times to stop myself from crying, I still really feel awful for her but in time, I think this is for the best and hopefully her perfect home is out there.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 21:51:15 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Jackie D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2008, 21:37:15 PM »
I feel a bit sorry for him really......I don't understand how people can't be patient with their animals, after all it's up to us to look after them isn't it?....me thinks his wife may be a bit of a dragoness eh? :rofl: :rofl: and I thought it was us women who were the softies!!

I just pray for little Beanie, and hope that she gets a nice forever home with kind and patient humans.  Well done anyway Dawn...You're a STAR.

love from us
xxxx

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2008, 00:15:50 AM »
I know what it's like, I had Dylan remember  :sick:  :sick:  I think it's easy to judge when not in that situation, and as Lesley will agree with me, Paul is really nice guy and he does love Beanie.  His wife has sort of a love/hate thing going with her and all because of the stress of her problems so I suppose in the long run, a new home is the way to go but would have been better going from a home into home instead of having to do it this way  :'(  :'(  He only contacted me the other day but admitted he had had my number for a couple of weeks, but I think he was trying to put the onus on the breeder to find a home for her and not for her to get someone else, which was me, doing it for her.  I do wish though he had contacted me sooner, I have a good network of friends who know a lot of people so in some situations miracles can happen but because of Beanies problems, she needs a special person who can provide her with what she needs so a few days really wasn't long enough.  The OCA do sound fab though and also very caring so I'm hoping she'll be okay and Paul said he will keep in touch with them about her and keep me posted.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2008, 00:06:49 AM »
I wasn't criticizing you at all Dawn  :hug:

Just the family - although if they can't cope with it ............

I can sympathize as I am close to strangling Willow at the moment  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2008, 23:53:34 PM »
Mark, I would feel exactly the same but this is the best that I could do for her in the time that I had and believe me, this is so much better than going back to the breeder which is what would have happened.  I've been busting a gut hoping and praying someone would offer her a home but sadly, this didn't happen.  I had an email off Val who is the Welfare Officer for the Oriental Cat Association and she said they will do their best in finding her a home and improving her situation.  I know it's really sad for her, and if it wasn't for the litter box issues with her, she would have remained with her family.  I didn't actually know she wasn't always using her tray until a couple of days ago, this has made it so much harder to get a home for her because of her other problems as well.  I won't forget about her, I promise and I will still keep trying to get somewhere sorted  :hug:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 23:54:25 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2008, 23:35:49 PM »
I totally agree with you Mark  :(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2008, 23:33:50 PM »
I still can't get my head round how they could let her go to a cattry. I would break my heart  - poor baby being evicted to live in a pen  :'(

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2008, 20:48:48 PM »
Paul is taking her himself and I think he was going to try and arrange for her to go tomorrow, but I'll speak to him no doubt anyway.

Offline Jackie D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2008, 20:12:44 PM »
when is she going then? and how is she getting there? oh I do hope they can find her a forever home :(

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2008, 19:48:54 PM »
Just had this email off Paul and I was totally wrong to where she was going  :evillaugh:

"It does appear that we’ve found a place for Beanie in Sussex, with the assistance of Valerie Walter of The Oriental Cat Society. She will be staying at Martlets Cattery http://www.martletscattery.com/index.html in some lovely lodgings and surroundings, until a permanent home can be found. The Staff and owners of Martlets have a great understanding of Beanies breed and requirements and have worked with the OCA for some years. So other than finding her a new owner, I think this is the best outcome we could’ve hoped for."

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2008, 18:13:33 PM »
Wo Hoo only just caught up with this thread .... So pleased little Beanie is now save.

Well done everyone involved in helping this adorable little lady  :hug:  :Luv2:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2008, 16:59:39 PM »
Thanks Dawn  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2008, 14:42:27 PM »
It's a difficult one - does she send you a means test form?  :evillaugh:

:evillaugh:  I can send you Josie's email address and maybe you could have a chat with her first.  In her email to me, she states: 

can i suggest this lady ....

http://www.whisperoftheself.com/

I have had some fantastic results with my cats that i cannot explain.  everything is worth a try. 

xxxxxxxx

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2008, 14:39:20 PM »
It's a difficult one - does she send you a means test form?  :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2008, 14:30:14 PM »
I'm like that tbh Mark but the lady whose used her does a lot with rescues and has had results, and I do deal with her alot but like you when money crosses hands I am always a little dubious   :shy:

I've just noticed this on her website:

Please note:
If you have an animal friend that you would like me to discuss with you but you have limited funds please still contact me.  The above is a guideline only and I will endeavour to treat an animal if I have the time and resources available. 
I trust your integrity and honesty in this regard. Michele
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 14:33:26 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2008, 14:21:36 PM »
Thanks Dawn  :hug:

It says hourly rate £25 - I wonder how many hours she would allow for?

I am very sceptical but who can say?.........

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2008, 12:48:03 PM »
Mark, I did have someone send me an email about this lady.  Apparently she is a wizz so not sure if she would be able to help anyone on here  :hug:

http://www.whisperoftheself.com/

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2008, 12:46:13 PM »
I should say a big thank you to Lesley in all this as well, she has been a massive support and tried so hard to sort something out for her  :hug:  We have had so many conversations about this little girl, I think we were both getting sleepless nights  :tired:

Link to CatChat