Author Topic: Beanie - Heartbreaking news  (Read 33422 times)

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Beanie - Heartbreaking news
« Reply #168 on: April 07, 2008, 17:42:34 PM »
I wonder how many of the kittens that you haven't taken Dawn (and I know you've taken lots) have been infected with viruses? 

It is dreadful to think that kittens from this cattery are being purchased by people who are completely ignorant of the infections and viruses that are rife within it.  If any of those people have got other cats at home, especially young cats, they are in grave danger of becoming infected too.  It is so irresponsible and cavalier of this breeder to risk other cats' lives like this...

She should have EVERY single cat within her establishment bloodtested across the board and disinfect her catteries/pens and house thoroughly and leave off breeding for at least six months.  All bedding should be burned and thrown away.  It should not be left lying around or thrown in a bin to infect other  animals.

A reputable breeder should be spotless.  And if they cannot manage this, then they shouldn't be breeding. If anyone on this forum who is contemplating buying a pedigree kitten from a breeder and is new to the catworld, please, please do not be tempted to buy a kitten from a breeder who is less than clean and where the cats/kittens look neglected.  And if you find such a breeder think about the poor little babes who have no voice,  and report the breeder to the GCCF.  It is only by being active that we can eliminate these unscrupulous people from the cat world. 

Often people think that pedigree cats are pampered and 'posh'.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  These poor little souls often spend all their lives living in a pen with no heating and no company.  It is awful.  But nobody cares about them because nobody knows about them.  They are just money making machines for their breeder owners.

Of course there are hundreds of breeders who are just the opposite. They love their cats to bits and look after them properly.  It is not a 'breeding thing' per se.  But all the magazines advise buying from a reputable breeder and to avoid purchasing kittens that are not bright eyed and clean etc etc.  That is good advice but what happens to the poor little loves who are not in the best of health and live in dirty conditions?  Usually nothing!  Report these establishments and let's try to eradicate these 'hell-holes' so that sweet little Beanie and others like her have not died in vain.

Best wishes,

Roz
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #167 on: April 07, 2008, 15:50:01 PM »
Please don't call them dodgy cats - it's not their fault  :'( :'( :'( bless them -

My heart goes out to all of them xxxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #166 on: April 07, 2008, 14:57:20 PM »
She said all the cats with problems are getting done and rehomed, I pointed out all the cats should be tested before she breeds from them, not only so the virus isn't passed on but the stress of breeding can also bring on FIP and each time they are in season, the risks increase, not sure if this is true, but what would she know.
I like the way she gets rid of cats with existing problems, i assume similar to beanie simba and coco.
Is she too stupid to grasp that fcov is invisible and doesnt always have symptoms therefore all the cats have a problem :brick:

If the one's carrying the virus are done and rehomed, the only way she will get help off me then is if the queens/studs are tested, if not, I will report her  :sneaky:
Is she willing to rehome all her cats?  :shocked:

Also the people who buy all these dodgy cats need to be given some kind of heads up, the responsible ones will do what they can to eliminate it from their new pet.
Rehoming stress is enough to trigger the mutation, i feel for those being set up for a heavy fall  :(

Did Dyson come from her? Has he been tested?

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #165 on: April 07, 2008, 14:29:18 PM »

Another point is I know she's trying to get them sorted, why else have I been involved but I was  :censored: off a few weeks ago that she had another 2 queens, one pregnant and one given birth  :sneaky:  She didn't tell me about these until it was too late, I know for a fact these aren't tested but she harps on about the kittens being fine.  She cannot get it through her head that the Corona Virus doesn't have to show up as an illness and the only way is blood testing.  :brick:  :brick:  :brick:   She wants to get them done, she has I think 4 that need doing but she hasn't got the money.  This is why me and Sean had run ins about it as I want to get them covered, he won't allow me as he said she's taking the  :censored:  When I emailed him last night, I've asked him to just let me get them done, and that's the end of it  :tired:  If the one's carrying the virus are done and rehomed, the only way she will get help off me then is if the queens/studs are tested, if not, I will report her  :sneaky:

You shouldnt have to pay - when she sells her kittens tell her to use that money to sort out her other cats if she cares for them :censored:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #164 on: April 07, 2008, 13:49:42 PM »
Oh no, what devastating news.  RIP Beanie sweetheart, play hard at the bridge xxx

Im lost for words, has this breeders got no shame ?
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #163 on: April 07, 2008, 10:31:48 AM »
Beanie is now in my screen saver - along with my own babes - she deserves to be shown off for the beautiful girl she was.

Bless this daring little Angel. whichever Angel get this babe by her side is a very lucky one. xxxxxx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #162 on: April 07, 2008, 08:39:47 AM »
poor Beanie, I hope this person is reported

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #161 on: April 06, 2008, 20:53:30 PM »
.... you get struck off the breeding register. Evil cow.

Can I ask, how do people like this get to stay on the breeding register? Aren't there any checks to pass on a regular basis?

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #160 on: April 06, 2008, 15:59:56 PM »
RIP Beanie. :(

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #159 on: April 06, 2008, 14:42:27 PM »
I am deeply sadded by this.

Poor poor Beanie was an absolute babe and didnt deserve this. I so feel for her, at least in her last few weeks she was loved by many even though we didnt get to meet her.

RIP darling Beanie - play hard and fast on the bridge - never alone or ill again. Night Night sweet girl xxxxxx

As for the breeder (in this case money grabbing bi8ch) - may a palgue of boils land on you and you get struck off the breeding register. Evil cow.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #158 on: April 05, 2008, 23:10:20 PM »
R.I.P Beanie, you will be missed.  :'(
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

It must be hard on you hun, you got to meet the little lady  :'(  Sending you big hugs,  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 23:10:47 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline cupcake

• Adult Cat
« Reply #157 on: April 05, 2008, 22:08:59 PM »
I'm so sorry dawn ):

R.I.P Beanie, you will be missed.  :'(

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #156 on: April 05, 2008, 21:43:29 PM »
She knows my feelings on this now, perfectly clear and she knows what she has to do.  She is a registered breeder but as far as I'm aware, none of her kittens are on the active breeders list, she said she stipulates all kittens have to be spayed/neutered when old enough, whether she checks on this is a different story but she said she does.  She got the message loud and clear I was not happy with everything that's gone on, and she asked the question, was I saying she was a bad breeder  :innocent:  Anyway, as I've said, Sean has been filled in and she will be having a chat with him this week.

She said all the cats with problems are getting done and rehomed, I pointed out all the cats should be tested before she breeds from them, not only so the virus isn't passed on but the stress of breeding can also bring on FIP and each time they are in season, the risks increase, not sure if this is true, but what would she know.  I think she did get the message, I've had chats with her before but last night wasn't a chat  :naughty:  Certain things are already in motion so she isn't going to get away with it, I can assure you  ;)

Another point is I know she's trying to get them sorted, why else have I been involved but I was  :censored: off a few weeks ago that she had another 2 queens, one pregnant and one given birth  :sneaky:  She didn't tell me about these until it was too late, I know for a fact these aren't tested but she harps on about the kittens being fine.  She cannot get it through her head that the Corona Virus doesn't have to show up as an illness and the only way is blood testing.  :brick:  :brick:  :brick:   She wants to get them done, she has I think 4 that need doing but she hasn't got the money.  This is why me and Sean had run ins about it as I want to get them covered, he won't allow me as he said she's taking the  :censored:  When I emailed him last night, I've asked him to just let me get them done, and that's the end of it  :tired:  If the one's carrying the virus are done and rehomed, the only way she will get help off me then is if the queens/studs are tested, if not, I will report her  :sneaky:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 21:51:11 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #155 on: April 05, 2008, 21:32:46 PM »
Poor Beanie :(

I'm sorry Dawn - it's so unfair she had to be so unwell

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #154 on: April 05, 2008, 20:22:49 PM »
RIP Beanie   :(

Is this woman even registered?
It would be worth contacting dr addies site to find out more details of how the people they know about were prosecuted for selling cats infected with FCoV.
This  :censored: needs to be hit where it hurts, her pocket.

Even spaying and rehoming the positive queens wont eradicate it as her studs and any other cats kept in the same household will all have stupidly high titres  >:(
Any negative queens will go on to get infected by her toms.

Theres lots of reading on dr addies site on how to eradicate the virus but i doubt she will put the time, effort and money in to it.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #153 on: April 05, 2008, 12:25:55 PM »
Aw what a terrible shame!  :hug:

RIP Beanie xxx

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #152 on: April 05, 2008, 12:02:53 PM »
So so sorry to hear about Beanie  :'(

RIP baby
xxx

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #151 on: April 05, 2008, 11:57:43 AM »
Poor wee soul  :'(

Dawn I'm speechless  :hug: :hug: :hug:

RIP Beanie play hard at the Bridge xxx

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #150 on: April 05, 2008, 11:30:27 AM »
Hi again Dawn,

Most reputable breeders do NOT have the Corona virus although if they did, it would probably not be any fault of their own.  We all know that this virus can blow through a cat colony and only a very few of the cats will go on to develop the more deadly form of the disease.  BUT should a reputable breeder discover that one of her cats is a carrier of the corona virus, she would normally spay the infected animal immediately and re-home it to a single cat household.....as an indoor only cat (unless the garden was catproofed).  Some would have the queen pts which is a pity because she may not go on to develop the full blown version of that wicked evil disease (FIP).

When I fetched Little Black Bob from that hell-hole in Cumbria and he was found to be infected with the disease, I was supposed to be collecting my little bengal kitten, April, a week or so later.  I made enquiries with the vets about the advisability of introducing a little kitten into a household that had just housed a rescue infected with FIP and was told that  to be absolutely safe, I should postpone bringing her home for at least four months...just in case the virus was still hanging around.  You may remember, that in the end, I gave my friend, Sally, the opportunity to let someone else have her rather than keep her waiting.  And anyway, I'd ended up with Thomas...hereafter known as 'the pest'.... :innocent:... which was unexpected.

So, this breeder is behaving in a wholly irresponsible manner.  If you would like me to write to the GCCF and the FAB about her, I will be only too happy to do so.  She must not be allowed to let any more animals suffer.  Unfortunately, some breeders carry on without anyone knowing what they are up to and somehow, they manage to hide all their neglect because nobody knows about it, and the poor animals continue to suffer because they have no voice.  But in this breeder's case, you know about it and we know about it, so I'm sure we can do something to stop her.  Or at least cause her to face up to her responsibilities..... and if she has any feelings at all for her cats, she will do something to cleanse her cattery of all its infections.

There are numerous transcripts on this Forum describing the various cats that have been taken away from her cattery.  That is sufficient evidence in itself.

Let me know if you need any help.  Those bast**ds in Cumbria somehow managed to hoodwink the RSPCA (I think that was my mistake for exposing them on Cat Chat - I didn't realise that they would read my posts and prepare themselves for the RSPCA visit)......but we can at least do something to help put an end to the misery of these poor little babies.

Lots of love

Roz
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #149 on: April 05, 2008, 10:46:45 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:Dawn, so sorry to hear about Beanie

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #148 on: April 05, 2008, 10:16:38 AM »
So sorry to hear this news, Beanie was such a beautififul girl and I have always felt guilty that I could not help her yet I was so close.  RIP little girl, find joy and happiness with all our bridge babes.

I was hoping there would eventually be a happy ending for this girl.  It always sounded like she had a similar condition to Tarka, and I always fear for his health, we had a good spell but runny bum is back and I really don't know what the future holds for him.

If you need any help with cats from this source Dawn, let me know and I will do what I can to help; as you say she has to be stopped, so that Beanie and Pagan did not die in vain.  Big :hug: :hug: :hug: to you, I know this will hit you hard but you did all you could - I wish I had done more.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #147 on: April 05, 2008, 09:13:12 AM »
poor sweetheart bless her  :'( :'( so sad
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 09:16:19 AM by janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #146 on: April 05, 2008, 09:10:55 AM »
Poor little girl. This breeder should be exposed for what she is. What that poor cat had to endure so some greedy skank can make some money  >:(

She was such a beautiful cat - I sincerely wish all the ill will in the world to this woman  >:(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #145 on: April 05, 2008, 08:54:18 AM »
Somehow I too have completely missed this thread before. I am so sorry and you say thank you to all the people who tried to help the little one.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #144 on: April 05, 2008, 08:32:57 AM »
RIP little one, I truly hope the breeder is stopped now.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #143 on: April 05, 2008, 03:39:14 AM »
Roz, she's on her last chance now believe me, I can't keep going through this all the time.  She was criticising other breeders saying most of their cats have Corona Virus, I pointed out I wasn't helping other breeders, I was helping her  :brick:  :brick:  A lot more was said anyway but I won't go into detail as all the words would be censored  :evillaugh:

Looking at the pics that cupcake took, she really does look to have lost weight on those  :'(  :'(  At least there's no more suffering for her, I just wish she hadn't have had to go through it in the first place  :'(

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #142 on: April 05, 2008, 02:21:29 AM »
Hi Dawn,

I've just seen this thread and cannot believe that there is yet another poorly babe from this breeder.  Poor, poor little poppet.  I pray she didn't suffer too much, bless her.  It's just too sad for words.

This cattery is obviously extremely unhealthy and the breeder must be prevented from breeding any more kittens until her cattery has undergone a period of quarantine and all the cats checked out.  If you get no joy from her, I'm sure the GCCF would be interested in hearing about her....and they have the power to prevent her from registering her kittens... which is the last thing a breeder wants to happen.

R.I.P. Beanie darling..no more pain now sweetheart...just sweet meadows to play in and another little angel for Paradise.

I'm so sorry Dawn.  :(

:hug: Roz

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #141 on: April 05, 2008, 00:15:16 AM »
I've had words with the breeder and I didn't mince my words, she is going to have a chat with Sean about getting her queens tested, any with the virus will be spayed and rehomed into loving homes.  This is something she will have to follow through with as I will be checking with Sean, and if she lets me down, I will be taking it further.  I'm going to do this for Beanie and for all the other cats that have been ill because of this woman  >:(  >:(

:RIP: Beanie babe, play hard on the bridge sweetheart, xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Modified I've just sent Sean the email and filled him in, because I know she will give him a  :censored: and bull story when she sees him  >:(  >:(
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 01:01:37 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2008, 23:52:30 PM »
Oh Dawn, I'm so very sorry :hug: :hug:
RIP little Beanie. nite nite sweetheart

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2008, 23:06:34 PM »
 :RIP:  Beanie

So sorry to hear this Dawn
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2008, 22:58:51 PM »
 :( Oh Dawn how sad ... I don't know what to say.

RIP Beanie darling .... hopefully you will be at the bridge now happy and healthy again.  Take care sweetheart xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2008, 22:54:53 PM »
Poor baby  :'(

RIP little one xxx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #136 on: April 04, 2008, 22:41:02 PM »
This is so sad  :(

RIP Beanie  :RIP:

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #135 on: April 04, 2008, 22:37:28 PM »
Oh no, that is sooooo sad    :'( :'(  poor poor baby

Can someone explane, why did she has such a poorly tummy ?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 22:39:39 PM by furbabystar (Michelle) »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2008, 22:27:33 PM »
Poor Beanie. :(

RIP, Little One - you'll make a beautiful furry angel and you won't be suffering anymore. :RIP:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
« Reply #133 on: April 04, 2008, 22:24:14 PM »
OH how heartbreaking - when I saw the heading I feared this is what it would say - poor little munchkin :(
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #132 on: April 04, 2008, 22:13:55 PM »
 :( :( :( Poor Beanie :( :( :(

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #131 on: April 04, 2008, 22:12:14 PM »
So sorry to hear about Beanie  :hug:

RIP Beanie, there is a better life on the Bridge for you.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #130 on: April 04, 2008, 22:09:35 PM »
Just had this email through, not read it all as yet as I'm lost for words  :'(  :'(  This gorgeous little girl didn't deserve for this to happen to her and all because of some  :censored:  :censored: breeder, sorry but I am really upset about this and I'm determined something is done  >:(  >:(  >:(

Hi Dawn
Sad news, little Beanie had to be pts yesterday.  I have let Paul know and we have spoken on the phone.

Lisa found some pieces of internal tissue on the floor when she went in to clean her out yesterday and she had seemed quite subdued over the past 24 hours.  I took her to the vets and he felt her general condition had deteriorated, she was becoming dehydrated and the pieces that had been found were in facts chunks of the lining of the intestines and showed what a poor condition her insides were in, he said he had never known such large pieces to be passed out.  Sadly he felt nothing more could be done for her and it would be kindest to not let her suffer any longer.  Basically if we did nothing she was going to go into kidney failure or die of malnutrition as her food and water was not doing her any good at all. She could have had a steroid injection and also hydration therapy but these would only have prolonged her agony and we had to take the vets advice.  Lisa and I have been very devastated at her loss as we hoped she would improve, although every step forward we seemed to make with her, was followed by a couple of steps backwards.  We did our very best for her, she had lot of love and special food and veterinary care throughout her stay with us but none of it was enough, sadly.

I thought I would let you know because you have been concerned about her and involved for a long time with Paul and Hayley.  I just hope that if there are other cats out there like this from this breeder, she can be brought to a halt with her breeding as this sort of emotional rollercoaster is not fair on any new pet owner.

Take care and keep up the good work.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Oriental Siamese - Beanie is desperate for a home
« Reply #129 on: March 24, 2008, 17:53:48 PM »
She does look slim, thats an oriental thing tho isnt it?

Cupcake, if she isnt up for adoption is she going to live in a cage for the rest of her life?
Is she incontinent with her poop?

Link to CatChat