Author Topic: NEUTERING VOUCHERS  (Read 4047 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: NEUTERING VOUCHERS
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2008, 11:57:40 AM »
Since Friday I have had 29 voucher requests  to take up our offer of cheap neutering/spaying at our vets. A Couple where the cats will not be old enough till next year but I will make sure they or rather their cats get a cheap neuter/spay. Plus a few others that don't really need to take advantage of our offer as their vets is cheapo anyway and the normal vouchers will cover the full cost. There is still over 7½ weeks of advertising so I am hoping record numbers will be 'done'
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 10:19:12 AM »
We do have adverts in the paper about events etc and have to pay for those and also we have for 49 weeks a year a lineage advert about lost/found and neutering in that case we pay foe 10 weeks and then get 3 weeks free. Than again so does everyone else. ;). Of course as a registered charity we do not have to pay VAT on the advertising so that is a bonus I suppose.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 19:32:45 PM »
Yet another rescue who shall be nameless have huge pics in almost every week saying what they have rescued that week.

It's the same here - our main local paper is "The proud sponsor of you know who who" - good that they sponsor an animal charity but Sharon has to pay for tiny ads in there. In fact recently a paid ad was put in for a neutering campaign.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 18:48:25 PM »
Radio advertising's not that expensive either. Other branches (e.g. Exeter and Peterborough off the top of my head) have had campaigns done which could be amended at a fairly low cost and licenced to your local station.

PM me if you want to know more.
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 17:14:10 PM »
It's just that I'd make sure my cash flow forecast allowed for the odd contingency and it sounds as if Helen has the same prudent approach.

In reality I know what we can afford and would never overstep the mark. But also in this case it would be false economy not to advertise as the more we can get neutered/spayed hopefully the less we will have in. We can hope can't we.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 17:11:04 PM »
Ela could you not ask the newspaper to do a feauture and save £400 advertising?

I wish, the £400+ is for an  advert for 8 weeks running. Our local paper would not even give us a free linage never mind a write up. Yet another rescue who shall be nameless have huge pics in almost every week saying what they have rescued that week.Yet us who help loads every day the local paper does not want to know. Then again I have been told that the editor is on the committee of the rescue. Don't know if that is true or not.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 17:14:36 PM by Ela »

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 17:07:15 PM »
how many takers do you usually get for these kinds of things Ela?

When we have a months campaign usually well over 100

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 16:58:25 PM »
that's a good idea T, perhaps from the credit crunch people can't afford neutering angle???

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 16:55:15 PM »
f I were your treasurer, Ela, I would always ensure I kept a little in the pot for your 'surprises' and I bet Helen does the same

As a charity we are   accountable to our HQ and the Charities Commission we put every penny (literally) we are given through the books, we are squeaky clean. 

Oh of course, I was certainly not suggesting otherwise.  It's just that I'd make sure my cash flow forecast allowed for the odd contingency and it sounds as if Helen has the same prudent approach.  It was a compliment  :)
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 16:51:17 PM »
Ela could you not ask the newspaper to do a feauture and save £400 advertising?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 16:49:09 PM »
how many takers do you usually get for these kinds of things Ela?

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 15:29:39 PM »
f I were your treasurer, Ela, I would always ensure I kept a little in the pot for your 'surprises' and I bet Helen does the same

As a charity we are   accountable to our HQ and the Charities Commission we put every penny (literally) we are given through the books, we are squeaky clean.  But that does not in reality mean we cannot help the cats in anyway we wish. Helen is a fantastic treasurer and we are lucky to have her.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 15:22:31 PM »
If I were your treasurer, Ela, I would always ensure I kept a little in the pot for your 'surprises' and I bet Helen does the same  ;)

Well done to all of you  ;D
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
NEUTERING VOUCHERS
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 15:13:12 PM »
I have almost used up this years £15000 allowance (plus the odd thousand or two I have asked  HQ for over the year for feral situations) in fact once all the outstanding vouchers have been sent in by vets I will have gone over the allowance and then the money has to come out of branch funds and there is still 3 months to go. Anyway our vet rang and asked if we would like a neutering campaign. (that is a person pays £5 although we often pay that as well, we give the vet a voucher and also the vet reduces the charge by quite a bit as well) I jumped at the chance then thought our treasurer will kill me,  but never mind I can take it.  Then the vet said we could have a two month campaign. I thought not only will Helen kill me she will do worse,  ;D  so I contacted CP HQ and they have kindly given me another £2000. Although that will not hopefully cover all I need it will help. I think I will tell Helen tomorrow (it never comes ) I need just over £400 to pay for 8 adverts in the paper. In all honesty she doesn't  mind or at least she does not say she does. As we all know neutering/spaying plays a very important role in rescue.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 15:14:51 PM by Ela »

Link to CatChat