Author Topic: Kitten appeal on Ebay  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
Re: Kitten appeal on Ebay
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 20:34:28 PM »
Why don't you just send her a message and suggest that she might harm the kittens from feeding them like that and ask if she could change the picture as it's misleading to other people  :shy:

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 20:28:20 PM »
I don't actually think people will trawel Ebay looking for tips on hand feeding kittens.  :innocent: But not a very experienced rearer there for sure. She'll flood kitties mouth like that, that's if she doesn't end up drowning the poor mite.  :(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 19:36:27 PM »
Not a good image for people to see on eBay? - people might think iot must be the proper way as that is how a rescue does it  :(

I can't remember the name but I read that cats are very prone to getting liquid into their lungs. I'm sure milk could kill?

Even I have a proper kitten bottle - it has tiny, long teats and is banana shaped.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 19:38:31 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 19:34:10 PM »
Your right they should be fed the right way up and with a proper bottle, that one is for kids  :tired:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Kitten appeal on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 19:29:27 PM »
Am I wrong in thinking the kitten in the photo is being held wrong?  :scared:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HELP-SAVE-KITTENS-WITH-CAT-FLU-BED-FOOD-TREATS-BASKET_W0QQitemZ120510684171QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Cats?hash=item1c0eff1c0b#ht_1962wt_1167

I know they are doing good work but I thought that kittens could choke if held like this?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat