Author Topic: How the Auction will help Paws Inn  (Read 2548 times)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
Re: How the Auction will help Paws Inn
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 19:55:38 PM »
Its no secret that Paws Inn has struggled to survive this year,( mainly due to human inadequacies on the health front) but ALL of you very wonderful Purrs people have kept me going when I have needed help the most. When I have been at my lowest ebb I have logged into Purrs and been able to smile at the wonderful words of wisdom and humour.
To be able to share such joy,pain and grief with such wonderful friends is truly a privilege.
I am truly overwhelmed by the way you have all donated to and bid on the Auction to help with our wonderful rescues and I just want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
Sorry I will write a proper thank you later but at the minute I cant see through the tears.
Bless you all 

Offline maccat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 19:52:01 PM »
so glad we have been part of the Auction this year, thanks to all those who dedicate their time to running the auction and of course Teresa & Co.

we won 3 bids, and frankie doo has dug deep and found a few euros lying around in her cat tree to donate aswell and because of the great currency rate it works out over £10 :)

Lots of fun had by all, and can't wait for the 2009 auction.  I will now be keeping things to add in for next year xxx

Helen & Purrs n Dribbles from Frankie Doo (a rescue kitten from the gutters here in france) xxx

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 17:25:11 PM »
Can I add that even if you are not well off there are quite a few items that are still hovering around the £1 to £2 mark.  You can even get an exercise bike for a mere 50p and Teresa will get £50.50 as a result of your bid (conditions apply).

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 14:24:47 PM »
That's a good post, Claire - until I became interested in cat rescue, I had no idea how much financial cost was involved.  Not to mention time, energy and emotion.  Welll, we can't do much to help Teresa with those costs, but we can help with the burden of expenses.  And Gill's right - every penny counts, so don't think if you're not a wealthy person you can't help.

Of course, if you are well-off, there are lots of nice things to bid on  ;)  Doesn't anyone want that bloomin' cat tree, for example?  :evillaugh:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 14:04:25 PM »
Well said Claire and I second what has been said and cannot thank everyone enough,  who is taking part in the auction.

Would just like to add that for those who are not well off and could only afford 50p or a pound, we have threads running at the top of the auction thread that are stickied there to allow every one to help, even those of us who are poorer or those who just dont fancy any of the items on offer.

Offline ClaireR

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
How the Auction will help Paws Inn
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 13:59:41 PM »
Hi Everyone

I wanted to write a little note to let you all know how much the auction money will help Paws Inn as I know Teresa will not do this herself (as she doesn't like to talk about money!).

I didn't realise until I started helping how much "stuff" is needed every day to look after all the cats in the care of the Inn - including things that I had never thought about before!

I thought it might be nice for those of you who haven't been to visit the rescue but have kindly contributed to the auction to learn a bit more about what is takes every day to keep all the cats happy, healthy and with full tummies!

At the moment there are 38 cats that are looked after each day - to do this it takes the following EACH DAY.....

70 pouches of wet food
2kg of dry food
2 sacks (60 litres) of cat litter

plus - kitchen roll, cleaning cloths, bin bags and cleaning spray. 

Not to mention - every cat gets regular worm and flea treatment during their stay AND will leave the Inn with full vaccinations and depending on age, neutered and microchipped.  As an example, the vet bill this month is £1,000!

Its no surprise that it takes a lot of money to keep things going every day and the money from the auction will really help.  You will all know that we work hard to raise money ourselves throughout the year with open days, charity markets and making crackers etc, but even with this extra work and kind donations, I know that Teresa spends most of her time in her overdraft!

I know that its just before Christmas and so money is often tight for everyone, so I wanted to thank those that have taken the time to bid.  The support is really appreciated, so keep bidding!!!

Love,
Claire

Paws Inn Number One Slave (because there is only me for Teresa to boss around!)

Link to CatChat