Author Topic: 2008 Purrs in our Hearts Christmas Auction for Paws Inn UPDATE UPDATE  (Read 13436 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Introduction to the 2008 Purrs in our Hearts Christmas Auction
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 19:56:39 PM »
Pleased that this thread has reimerged  ;D
work work work always something to do  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
[/color]

Hurry up Gill before it starts snowing  :evillaugh: :hug:

Dawn - get ready for him this year and win  :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 17:09:49 PM »
Pleased that this thread has reimerged  ;D

Just save stuff to put on auction and am just waiting for main calendar rush to be over so can announce who gets the money this year.......must set the dates but need to go to post office to check final dates for posting and costs lol.

Work work work always something to do  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 16:25:58 PM »
I think it might have been Dave who got my water fountain :'(

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 15:34:24 PM »
OH i love the bidding wars  ;D ;D
[/color]

Wars indeed - I was talking to Leigh on the phone last night and he's still going on at me for the ornament I won against him last year!!   :rofl: :rofl: :naughty: :evillaugh:  :P

Not seen anything of Dave either after winning the bracelet against him!!   :rofl: :rofl:  :P

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 14:50:15 PM »
As long as there are Mugs me and Gwen will have a bidding frenzy - still using one of the pair we split last year but need more -

OH has commandeered the mug from the pair you split with me last year so I'll be in the bidding frenzy too

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 18:13:18 PM »
OH i love the bidding wars  ;D ;D

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 17:12:12 PM »
I love Auction time  ;D ;D

Tell ya wat wonderful Purrs folks, if you know of anyone, local shop or online cat site that may donate an item for our auction. ie anything cat related or not! That would be great to add more items and get more money for the rescue. ;D oh and of course bidding wars  :evillaugh:

Just be like Sir Bob and beg beg beg for auction items  :evillaugh: :rofl:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 23:50:40 PM »
sounds great witty  ;D

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 23:38:43 PM »
I had better get me into the garage and start working if I'm going to have items ready for the auction... :-[

My intention is to put in some handmade wooden witchy / pagan items; certainly a wand or two and a wood & slate athame. If I get the time (not guaranteed), maybe a set of runes as well.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 22:42:25 PM »
Thats wonderful Miss Cissy and please tell your meowmy to look at the new Zooplus thread in the members area  ;D

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 20:22:54 PM »
Miss Cissy from the Clan Cats here - have been observing Mummy at this thing so thought I would give it a paw

This will be our first Christmas in a real home not out in a cold scarey barn with no humans so not sure what the auction is but the others are saying we get lots of nice things from it so we are hoping that there will be something for us.

I must say Mummy spends a lot of time in our study playing with this thing so it must be good she ordered something from Zooplus just for me I am getting a real sheepskin bed befitting an older feral lady least thats what Mummy said and Sweetie has one and also another radiator bed for our study so me, ragamuffin and Smudger can have one each instead of trying to share - heat is a wonderful thing you know it comes from radiators! :Luv2:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 17:59:58 PM »
I have a couple of things that have been donated for the auction  ;D

Its terrible but we are only about 6 or 7 weeks away from the start...........sigh

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 15:23:20 PM »
weh hey !!! im sure I have a few things to donate, cant remember what though ??
oh yes I'll have some Memory for your pootars to auction off, and anything else I can remember   :evillaugh:

Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 15:10:20 PM »
Oooh, how exciting  :wow: :wow: :wow:

The boys will be donating a few things and have saved their pocket money to buy some new things too  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 15:06:01 PM »
As long as there are Mugs me and Gwen will have a bidding frenzy - still using one of the pair we split last year but need more - don't tell Robin though he doesn't understand the Shoes, handbag and Mug thing! :shocked: ;D

Fear not Liz .... I have a couple of mugs already lined up for the auction  ;)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 13:10:43 PM »
As long as there are Mugs me and Gwen will have a bidding frenzy - still using one of the pair we split last year but need more - don't tell Robin though he doesn't understand the Shoes, handbag and Mug thing! :shocked: ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 10:05:38 AM »
Great news  :wow: I've saved a couple of items over the last few months and will get my bidding skills honed up  ;)
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 09:51:01 AM »
 :cheer: :yayyy: :yayyy: :Flowers: :happy dance: :happy dance: :clap: :clap: :garf: :garf:

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mary

• Purrrrrfect Cat
2008 Purrs in our Hearts Christmas Auction for Paws Inn UPDATE UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 23:06:27 PM »
Hi to everyone on Purrs and especially the members who have joined us in 2008   ;D

Purrs in our Hearts will be TWO YEARS old in November and this will be our 4th annual auction the  3rd one on Purrs. We made so much money last year for the lucky rescue  this is gonna be hard to beat  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: 

Right to business, our annual auction will once again in be late November/early December with all the proceeds  going to a rescue on Purrs before Christmas and I would be sooooooooooo grateful if all you fantastic people would start saving things to be put up for auction. They can be cat related items or not and must be able to go through the post. If its not cat related we like you to dream up a sorta cat related description to make things lots of fun  :cat laugh:

How does it work I hear all the newbies ask hehehehehe!

Well is really easy and just soooooooooo much fun.  :really:

Everyone who has something to be auctioned takes a piccie if possible  :pic:  and then posts it up  :print: in the place we provide together with a description. And then all the peeps start to bid on it when I say start. :pcprob:  The highest bid wins as at the closing date and time...........we are very precise and the time finishes on the second by the Purrs clock  :rofl: :rofl:

The owner of the item pays the postage and the winner pays Purrs the amount they have bid and the postage.  Yes you added that up right the postage gets paid twice , cos its the only way we can make this work and it makes more money :donate2:  for the rescue ;D
Once the money is in then the person who has the item sends it to the winner and gets a certificate of posting.  :gpoint:

Anyway enough of all the little details, they will be put up in big detail much closer to the starting date which I still have to decide  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Also the rescue  :ahh: to receive the money will be announced later but you will know who that is before the auction starts.   :clap: :clap:

If you want to see the fun that we had last year look under fundraising and the 2007 auction. People arent crazy here they are just mad.  ;D  We will be auctioning for two weeks again this year which is just the purrrrrrfectly right amount of time.  :shoosh: :shoosh:

We thought we did so well  last year and we were just stunned by the generosity of people and I hope that this year we can be stunned again and help a lot of needy cats for Christmas.   :yes: :yes: :yes:

So dont forget...........NOVEMBER 2008/DECEMBER 2008 ..............for the Purrs in our Hearts Auction.

:waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 19:30:00 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Link to CatChat