Author Topic: Mosi has learnt how to open doors  (Read 2124 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Mosi has learnt how to open doors
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 12:48:22 PM »
Susanne you didn't really think he was gonna make a Nwy Year's resolution to be good did you?  :evillaugh: ;)

Well you never know - he is 5 now!  ;D

He's actually been a good boy the past couple of nights.  On Saturday night I fell asleep in front of the tv at about 11pm and woke up at 2.15am!  Jaffa was asleep at the end of the sofa and Mosi was asleep on the back of the sofa.  I did dreamies but took them to them both as neither seemed inclined to move and I didn't want to encourage Mosi to wake up too  much.  Then I went to bed and Jaffa followed me but Mosi stayed put and he didnt' stir all night.  He settled down on the bed last night lying on my legs and even when I woke up in the night, he didn't move (it was only when I woke up that I realised what an odd position I was in lying diagonally across the bed!).  Hopefully we have moved from a manic period into a period of relative calm.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 00:18:13 AM »
Hmmmm Mosi in time out .... hmmmmm.  Susanne you didn't really think he was gonna make a Nwy Year's resolution to be good did you?  :evillaugh: ;)

Long may Naughty Mosi reign  :hug: :Luv2: :hug: :rofl: :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline JUDROP1948

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Odi RIP and Sooty and `new boy` Frodo
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 21:27:03 PM »
 ;D Love that , we live in an old cottage and have `plank` doors if Sooty cant get in she places her claws under the door and `twangs` the bottom, makes one H===L of a racket , especially in the early hours of the morning ! All in a days work for a clever moggy ! XX

Offline Owned_By_Napkin

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Napkin
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 21:17:05 PM »
Oh, dear! My Napkin gets VERY ANGRY if the door is shut and she wants on the other side of it. I distinctly recall one instance where the bedroom door was closed. She sat and screamed very angrily to be let in... when that failed the little butter started jumping and hurling herself against the door trying to break it down!  :Crazy:

Offline JUDROP1948

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Odi RIP and Sooty and `new boy` Frodo
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 13:09:06 PM »
 ;D Oh WHAT fun ! Our pensioner black bundle Sooty has ALWAYS been able to open the cat flap, even when firmly closed , she makes sure she can get out anytime, BUT  in this house we have a `double door` and the flap is in the outer door, which has a glass door inside it, boy does she get mad !
Cats really are the most ingenious animals  !
Good luck with the door openers ! XX

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 12:18:50 PM »
Well he doesn't seem to have realised the link between pressing the handle and the door opening as he was in time out again last night and didn't open the door.

Poor Mosi - we're only a week into the new year and already he's had 3 all nighter time outs (plus some shorter ones).  Generally time out occurs at bedtime when he's being hyper.  Shutting him in the living room for 10 minutes is usually enough to calm him down and allow Jaffa to get settled on the bed.  Then I can let him through and he settles down.  But the past few nights he's settled down initially then got hyper at about 1.30am.   Last night I didn't get to bed until well after midnight but he was quiet.   Then about 1.15, just as I was nodding off to sleep, he got lively and starting playing with the bedroom door (pushing it wide open) so he got put in time out.  After about 15 mins I was still awake so went to let him through.   He came into the bedroom and just started running around and rubbing up against my legs when I went to the loo!  So when he went into the living room and did a bit stretch and had a scratch on his scratch post, I just shut the door on him!   All was well until Jaffa woke up just before 6am and started mooching around the bedroom.  At that point Mosi came in and lay down on the bed by the radiator that had just come on and went to sleep!  I'm afraid I bundled the pair of them out into the living room, gave them some dreamies and shut the door.   Thankfully they both stayed quiet and let me go back to sleep until nearly 9am.

Offline Ellen2010

• Distinguished Cat
  • Sophie 9/93 - 3/10/11 Play hard my little angel
  • Slave to: Timmy, Baby, Danita, Tia, Miffy and Domino
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 18:00:34 PM »
Jerry is a door opening artiste - we hjave to lock oursleves IN the house now as he will more than often let himself out of the front door rather than use the catflap. I wouldn't mind if he would learn how to shut it behind him! :tired:

I fear Mosi may be going the same way.................... :evillaugh:

I have 2 cats that will shut doors, have my own theory on why (think they are trying to kill me off)  as they normally do it when my hands are full and I am going through the door at the time  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 17:59:38 PM »
Did he forget how to play with the Lion picture  :shify: :shify:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 17:17:11 PM »
Well he'd better not start letting himself out the front door!!
[/color]

No chance of the little devil forgetting that new trick  :evillaugh: :rofl:

Surprised he's not got a key for the front door Susanne  :rofl: :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 15:35:21 PM »
Dave has learned (sort of) how to unlock the cat flap. He just batters it for ages until the wheel clicks round. The clever bit is her turns it the right way to open it completely so that he can get in and out :tired: best bit is, he goes out for all of 5 minutes and comes back in to sleep for another 4! Chilli on the other hand is a proper outdoors cat, she loves being out and exploring but she's not been in the least bit bothered about being kept in.

Most annoying because they're having a little while indoors to try and break Chilli's visiting habit to someone who smokes heavily :sick:

Dave has been in time out in the lounge/kitchen more often than not these last couple of days!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 13:37:02 PM »
Well he'd better not start letting himself out the front door!!

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 12:28:07 PM »
Jerry is a door opening artiste - we hjave to lock oursleves IN the house now as he will more than often let himself out of the front door rather than use the catflap. I wouldn't mind if he would learn how to shut it behind him! :tired:

I fear Mosi may be going the same way.................... :evillaugh:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 09:59:04 AM »
What a clever boy  :naughty:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 09:33:35 AM »
Cute cat........ or evil genius  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Hopefully it was a fluke and he won't remember how to do it  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Mosi has learnt how to open doors
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 08:35:38 AM »
The little  :censored: was serving time out the other night (an all nighter  ;)) and he was happy enough (he tends to sleep in the living room anyway) but come morning he started rattling on the door.  I waited for a break in the rattling as I didn't want him to think he could just rattle the door and I'd come running  :innocent: but before I could go out to him, he wandered into the bedroom!  The door was definitely properly latched.   He does sit on a piece of furniture that would make it very easy to reach the door handle so I reckon he pressed the handle by accident and managed to unlatch it.  I hope he hasn't put 2 and 2 together - the last thing I need is a Mosi who can open doors!!

Link to CatChat