Author Topic: Any news on Portia? - Sad News  (Read 37536 times)

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
Re: Any news on Portia?
« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2009, 11:11:45 AM »
I have just had a thought about this,   someone may be able to help as I am not that knowledgeable but IF Portia does have a contagious virus and even though Rosie seemed not to be affected badly,  would Rosie still be a carrier for the Virus for a few months ?,   I am just thinking that if Lisa got another kitten I would assume that being a baby it would particularly vulnerable to picking up the same virus as Portia.

Just a thought and as I say,  I am definitely not the most knowledgable person on this.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 11:12:53 AM by Daisymac »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #100 on: July 04, 2009, 11:00:28 AM »
Good that she's holding her own at least. Sending get better vibes to this little one.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2009, 10:38:25 AM »
Poor baby - the breeder never should have let her go if she realised how sick Portia was. She obviouslt realised it wasn't something straightforward otherwise she wouldn't have let her go for free. I know her idea of an alternative was probably PTS but she obviously just wanted rid.  >:(
I hope if she is a registered breeder, she is struck off and if she is in the process of becoming one, she is denied.  >:(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2009, 10:33:04 AM »
Do hope this little girl has the strength to pull through this, i know she is getting the very best care and all thanks to Angie whose an angel for stepping in to save the day yet again :hug: :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2009, 10:15:26 AM »
Come on Portia,  we are all thinking of you.  I really hope she can pull through this.

Angie heartfelt thanks to you for saving this baby  :hug:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #96 on: July 04, 2009, 10:12:40 AM »
Just checked in. She is holding her own at the moment. There is no more blood in her drippings but she has a long way to go. she'll be in all weekend and is getting lots of cuddles from the staff.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2009, 09:46:02 AM »
Any updates Angie? How's Portia today?

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2009, 08:49:32 AM »
Fingers crossed and tons more positive vibes coming for Portia :Luv:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #93 on: July 04, 2009, 07:47:48 AM »
Yes Janey she was ill!  :(

More positive vibes for little Portia, hope the vet stay sorts the babe out!  :wish:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2009, 21:58:24 PM »
Was Portia ill when you adopted her Lisa?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #91 on: July 03, 2009, 21:49:35 PM »
Lisa,  please ignore the emails you are getting,  the facts of the matter are that Portia is very very sick and fighting for her life.

You did all you could to care for her in the situation you are in,  but she needed vet treatment a lot lot more urgently than you may have realised or managed to provide for her. 

Angie is caring for Portia,  & she is doing her very, very best to make sure that this poor little mite actually gets a chance in life.  Whatever emails have been exchanged are trying to prevent something like this happening again. 

We all know you loved Portia and we all know she has been sick for a while.  If you want me to be totally truthful I think that the breeder should have never ever have given Portia to you in the first place.   She was so sick,  and you probably do not have the means to get to the vets in an urgent situation.  It was unfair on you,   

In fact from what Angie's vet is saying, the breeder may well have put Rosie at risk by letting you have Portia who was so sick.

I appreciate that you have acted in innocence here and all you have done is provide Portia with a home and lots of love,  but something like this can not happen again and that is why the emails etc have been sent.

Please just let Angie concentrate on getting Portia better and we will all then be a lot happier.

Offline lisa281

• Senior Cat
« Reply #90 on: July 03, 2009, 21:07:48 PM »
lisa,

my email in full - curt but nothing else.

Hi
just thought I'd let you know that the poorly kitten you gave away has now been signed over to coventry cat group and is fighting for her life this afternoon.
if we manage to identify what is wrong with her, do you wish to know as it may affect your breeding stock.

I am sad that you were happy to hand over a poorly kitten - i assume you are not a registered breeder?

Angie
Coventry Cat Group

btw - you gave me Rosies vac. card.
  i cannot see anything wrong with the email you sent angie , i guess maybe she is feeling guilty or something , oh dear sorry about wrong card i have portia's here can you post rosie's to me and i will post you portia's  :) or if you would like to collect portia's im in all weekend  :)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 21:17:31 PM by lisa281 »

Myspace Glitter Graphics
RIP BABY PORTIA - APR-JUL 09 xxxx

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2009, 21:03:37 PM »
lisa,

my email in full - curt but nothing else.

Hi
just thought I'd let you know that the poorly kitten you gave away has now been signed over to coventry cat group and is fighting for her life this afternoon.
if we manage to identify what is wrong with her, do you wish to know as it may affect your breeding stock.

I am sad that you were happy to hand over a poorly kitten - i assume you are not a registered breeder?

Angie
Coventry Cat Group

btw - you gave me Rosies vac. card.

Offline lisa281

• Senior Cat
« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2009, 20:56:21 PM »
 well just thought i would let you know im not really very happy as i have just had a email come through from the place you have taken her to, and to be honest they were rather nasty, so to be honest i dont think they have any right to say im in the wrong and dont care about my animals, no one could have done more or cared for pingle like we did.> > but the way they are going on it is making me out to be a right uncaring person, i really hope this is not going to go any further, as i dont think me or brian deserve this> > lin

email i was sent

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2009, 20:52:46 PM »
I can't see how she can get into trouble unless she was hoping to become a registered breeder and is worried this might effect it.

She's not broken any laws.

Offline lisa281

• Senior Cat
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2009, 20:46:45 PM »
I emailed the breeder. I got her name off the pedigree form and just searched on the internet. She has a few ads around and currently has a kitten list open. It was not a nasty email. I told her Portia was at the vets and did she want to be kept informed of the outcome incase it affected her breeding stock. I also enquired if she was registered.

She replied she would like to be kept informed and that she was not registered.

I have also emailed GCCF and enquired about protocol - I have read somewhere about  not allowing registered animals to mate with unregistered. If this is true then the owner of the sire may get their knuckles tapped very lightly.

Angie i think she knows maybe should could get in trouble and is taking it out on me via email  :(

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2009, 20:38:02 PM »
I emailed the breeder. I got her name off the pedigree form and just searched on the internet. She has a few ads around and currently has a kitten list open. It was not a nasty email. I told her Portia was at the vets and did she want to be kept informed of the outcome incase it affected her breeding stock. I also enquired if she was registered.

She replied she would like to be kept informed and that she was not registered.

I have also emailed GCCF and enquired about protocol - I have read somewhere about  not allowing registered animals to mate with unregistered. If this is true then the owner of the sire may get their knuckles tapped very lightly.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2009, 19:52:56 PM »
Unfortunately shes very unlikely to be registered and even if she was nothing would stop her  :shy: theres no power to stop people like this unless theres cruelty to get the rspcas interest  :(

Offline lisa281

• Senior Cat
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2009, 19:51:39 PM »
yes i have kept every email from her  , im not getting in trouble for something i haven't done , thanks everyone for being so supportive about me having to give up portia if i could of kept her i would of  :hug:

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2009, 19:50:52 PM »
A scum of the earth type breeder that I would happily PTS  >:(

She is obviously only in it for the money and has no compassion for cats whatsoever  >:(

I think she should be reported to the relevant authorities.

I'll join you in the PTS act !,   all of us on here (esp Lisa & Angie)  have been so worried about this cat,  Angie is now paying for vet treatment and Lisa has gone through so much pain and stress with the whole situation and the Breeder says Portia should have been put to sleep ! :censored:   I really had an open mind about breeders before I joined this site,  that has just been totally changed !

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2009, 19:47:45 PM »
breeder is sending me emails saying i have given out her email address which i never gave it to anyone and that if i had got portia put to sleep like she told me to do there would of not been any of this upset , feel like smacking her one  :censored:

Have you reported this breeder?  Keep the emails, you may need them.

Absolutely outrageous  :mad2:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2009, 19:41:08 PM »
breeder is sending me emails saying i have given out her email address which i never gave it to anyone and that if i had got portia put to sleep like she told me to do there would of not been any of this upset , feel like smacking her one  :censored:

Lisa,  just block her email address,  she wont be able to send anymore emails,   set up a rule which puts her mails straight to the deleted files.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2009, 19:40:00 PM »
A scum of the earth type breeder that I would happily PTS  >:(

She is obviously only in it for the money and has no compassion for cats whatsoever  >:(

I think she should be reported to the relevant authorities.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 19:42:12 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline lisa281

• Senior Cat
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2009, 19:33:03 PM »

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2009, 19:27:57 PM »
Ross the vet has just phoned to say they want to keep her in over the weekend. She's a very poorly little thing and as he's on call this weekend, she will be closely monitored by him.
They are giving her regular sub-q's and feeding her water and bits of food.

he also said at the moment he is not happy to let her back into a multicat household as he has not ruled out anything contagious.

They have the details from the pdsa , so they know what has been done to date.

Looks like Portia got to the vets just in time,   Angie,  please keep us up to date if you hear anything,  we are all sending positive thoughts to you and Portia.  :hug:

Offline lisa281

• Senior Cat
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2009, 19:17:19 PM »
 :thanks: millys mum  :)

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2009, 19:08:34 PM »
Tbh lisa i wouldnt take any notice of them, people like that are prone to exaggerating things to make themselves look better, we all know who it is in the wrong

Offline lisa281

• Senior Cat
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2009, 18:56:46 PM »
just had an email off the breeder asking why she has just got an nasty email off cp about portia  :shocked:  :thanks: to angie and all at cp for helping her  :hug:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 19:06:29 PM by lisa281 »

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2009, 18:44:59 PM »
Ross the vet has just phoned to say they want to keep her in over the weekend. She's a very poorly little thing and as he's on call this weekend, she will be closely monitored by him.

he also said at the moment he is not happy to let her back into a multicat household as he has not ruled out anything contagious.

Sounds like the safest option, fingers crossed she is strong enough to pull through the weekend :luck:

Offline lisa281

• Senior Cat
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2009, 18:27:00 PM »
vibes for portia , get well baby , miss u  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2009, 18:24:55 PM »
Poor little baby -hope she carries on improving at the vets - lots of get well vibes for the beautiful little girl :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2009, 17:04:23 PM »
Hope Portia continues to improve.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2009, 16:58:19 PM »
Everything crossed for her :wish:

Offline lisa281

• Senior Cat
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2009, 16:55:55 PM »
 well rosie has been fine around her

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2009, 16:53:28 PM »

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2009, 13:11:02 PM »
rosie keeps looking around for portia  :(

:( I was going to ask how little Rosie was, I'm sure you'll giving her lots of cuddles, were they close?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 13:11:36 PM by Janeyk »

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2009, 13:08:56 PM »
So glad that Portia is doing ok, I'm sure the fluids and food will give her some strength and help her feel better.  Hopefully the vets will get to the bottom of what is wrong with her.

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2009, 13:00:02 PM »

Rosie probably cant believe she has you all to herself,  cats are very fickle when it comes to sharing humans  :Luv2:

Offline lisa281

• Senior Cat
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2009, 12:43:38 PM »

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2009, 12:39:48 PM »
Am so glad portia is doing well  :) shes so tiny but such a fighter ,  :thanks: for the vibes everyone  :hug:

aww bless,  little tiny fighter !

Hope you and Rosie are OK Lisa x

Link to CatChat