Author Topic: A few questions help with obe  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: A few questions help with obe
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 17:31:18 PM »
Few questions obes worming tablet due sunday how soon can you give it dint want to leave it till last minute and any tips on giving it to him
Milbemax is good as its small, is he having a half? You can squish some cheese around it, or wrap in ham or cover in marmite, whatever is his favourite treat.
If you decide to put down the throat then look here for method (from number 7 down)  http://www.fabcats.org/owners/infosheets/general_cat_care/medicating/pill.html

has not drunk much though doesn't seem to go for the warter feeder i got prefers old Chinese take away carton wonder if its because its clear plastic
My cats prefer a clear glass bowl. You could offer different dishes to see what he likes if your concerned. Many cats like tall glasses  :-:
Are you feeding dry food with a little wet? the more wet the better for male cats and it sounds as though he likes his felix.

I Have Got window open at the moment cant smell any pee smells no damp bits but he has been very warm and smelling a bit stress?  flat gets very warm as well living room is sun trap all windows shut before i leave though and long netting taped down so no quick sprints any where to get out got some spray from the vets while their put on hands then stroked some in didn't seem to do much but hes cooler today and smell seems less

When If summer returns i would invest in a fan to cool a room down, leaving one curtain across will offer some shade.
See this thread about window screens http://www.chaptanservices.com/purrs/index.php?topic=4819.0

His coat looks like he has dandruff white bits every where and loose hairs managed to brush him a bit is OK with it not too many strokes though but doing well very glad i bought sofa cover on Eba
Keep grooming and it should clear up, if not you can get a food supplement.

If he's happy with his tray location deffo keep it there.
Toys, its early days, he'll start to use them when he feels settled. A supervised shoelace is often fun  ;D

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 17:15:52 PM »
Mine are the exception to that rule, PinkBear... they seem to love "going" as soon as I go out to cook in the kitchen (where trays are)  :sick:

j20, have I missed a picture of your new kitty?  :Luv:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 17:16:27 PM by Cheesecat (Dawn) »
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 15:18:07 PM »
Sounds as if you've got it cracked.  :sneaky:

If he's using his tray where it is now, leave it be. If he decides later he doesn't like it, and starts weeing somewhere else, always remember wherever you put it, it has to be quiet and out of the way - they get shy about going to the loo!

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 14:33:34 PM »
I'll try and give a few of my thoughts.

Water - Cats have a strong sense of taste and smell and often don't like tap water because of the chlorine. Try him on some bottled water. It may be that the bowl you have is new plastic and is making the water smell odd?

Toilet. Mine sometimes only use the tray once or twice a day. Obe is new to your house, so his habits may be upset. Have you got his tray somewhere nice and private? Somewhere that he will feel you can't see him?

Cats can sometimes have a bit of 'dandruff'. That's way it's a good idea to brush them - even short haired cats need a bit of grooming.

Being covered in furr, they find it hard to regulate their temperature sometimes. If Obe is sleeping on your vinyl floor, it could be he's trying to cool off. If you think things are getting too hot around the flat, try spraying a water spray - like you would on plants.

It all sounds pretty normal to me, J20.

;)

j20

A few questions help with obe
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 14:11:08 PM »
Few questions obes worming tablet due sunday how soon can you give it dint want to leave it till last minute and any tips on giving it to him

He hasn't been yet since maybe mid day yest pee or poo  has not drunk much though doesn't seem to go for the warter feeder i got prefers old Chinese take away carton wonder if its because its clear plastic ?  Going to give him some Felix chicken in jelly later see if that shifts him  

I Have Got window open at the moment cant smell any pee smells no damp bits but he has been very warm and smelling a bit stress?  flat gets very warm as well living room is sun trap all windows shut before i leave though and long netting taped down so no quick sprints any where to get out got some spray from the vets while their put on hands then stroked some in didn't seem to do much but hes cooler today and smell seems less

His coat looks like he has dandruff white bits every where and loose hairs managed to brush him a bit is OK with it not too many strokes though but doing well very glad i bought sofa cover on Eba

he prefers hard surfaces to sleep the living room floor or the passage which in vinyl ?  wont go near pet fleeces or vet blanket or pillow any thing he has to knead doesn't go down to well refused cardboard boxes i had but fav spot is where i worn the sofa down from sitting

Doesn't seem to play much though wiggly wagler came to today had good go with that for 30 seconds then gave up is now in box with others sealed with catnip for later got him a microwaveable soft cow toy meant for dogs, no cat ones ?  never too to it at all now AWOL god knows where loll
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 14:15:14 PM by j20 »

Link to CatChat