Author Topic: German Cat Foood Brands  (Read 4047 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: German Cat Foood Brands
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2017, 09:53:48 AM »
have you tried freshpet, I'm not a raw purist but it looks ok

Offline Nero the Hero

• Kitten
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2017, 21:49:56 PM »
Sounds like you are doing marvellously well for both of their diets. I've not tried the pure form or natural instinct. The one we use works well because they come in cubes so we don't have to defrost any blocks and just take out what we need.
That's great about the chicken wing, ours wouldn't take to that but he loves turkey too
Let me know how you get on with fine tweaking fo suit yours. As and when I hear back from Canada, would you like me to let you know?
I wished they were a bit more advanced here in the UK with alternative to dry food where meats been air dried. The closest was Ziwi Peak, but that's not available now in UK, also I like the range of raw they offer in the states and places like Australia.
Pure pet food have been trialing to create a mix you add water to dehydrated food, we were asked to be one of the testers, but fed back they need to put more meat content in less vegetables as dogs and cats are v different!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2017, 19:13:22 PM »
Yes please, that would be great.

I tried some premade raw before I tried the felini when I was only planning on getting Kito on some raw, and we had some problems with vomitimg biut I don't know whether it was the actual foods (mostly natural instinct and Purrform), too cold temperature, digestive system not used to raw or what but I took him off them feeling a bit disheartened. After a break I tried him on plain mince and he was fine. So I added the felini and he does really well on that. He absolutely loves it. I have tried to introduce small amounts of Purrform and Nutriment since and he has been ok with them. It's clear he loves the raw in all shapes and sizes.  He had a chicken wing once or twice a week and loves those too.

Mosi was on an elimination diet and it was a struggle to get enough food in him so I tried him with a bit of turkey mince and we've not looked back. I just need to fine tune things a bit with him. He is older at 11 so maybe just needs things tweaking a bit to get a different balance.

I must admit I'm surprised with myself that we've become a raw household!  I keep tins in to give them now and again but really they both just want their raw.

Offline Nero the Hero

• Kitten
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2017, 17:14:46 PM »
Hey Suzanne,

From recollection think we had the same issue with constipation then runny pod with the felini. Ours had very sensitive tummy and being a Birman also fussy so we had a lot of trial and error. He's seven now and I would say we have got it just right in the balance for him.
Well done for persevering, think like us humans, need to find something that is tailor made for both your cats and it could be different.
Also we learnt whilst there was a lot of advice out there on the Internet and I'm sure a lot of it is sound, we had to decide what was best for us and ours even if it meant we might not have got it down to exact science when it comes to everything raw, but he's going great on what we are feeding him on and for us, the nature menu nuggets have been a huge help.. Purr fect though might not be perfect
I'll find you the link cos a month or so ago I looked, couldn't find their UK link but I think I have Nicole's email who was the reputable seller of the mix. Not sure with Brexit whether this will impact?
I've just taken the initiative to contact Nathalie in Canada to ask if there is a store for UK any more, I remember it was Talzenden or something like that, would you like me to let you know the response when I hear?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 17:30:34 PM by Nero the Hero »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2017, 16:04:35 PM »
That's interesting as I am trying to source the TC feline premix to try as I know it's more expensive but one of my cats is getting a bit constipated with the felini complete. I've reduced the amount a bit and that's helped my other cat who had one episode of constipation over Christmas. He's fine on the new amount but poor Mosi still gets a bit constipated and I'd like to try a different premix to see if that makes a difference.  I'm hesitant to change too much as Mosi has had some digestive issues over the past year and a half and the raw has pretty much sorted him out.   You don't have a link to the German site do you?  I had it once but can't find it now. I know it's a canadian product and they don't ship to the uk

Raw has been a godsend here. Sorted out Mosi (and he loves it) although he will only eat mince. Kito has really taken to it and eats chunks and chicken wings.

Offline Nero the Hero

• Kitten
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 15:29:48 PM »
Thanks
Yes I think when we were making up from scratch, we'd used the same powder and for some reason for ours, it didn't seem all balanced with what cat needed, so we found a recipe on line maybe we sourced at the time a powder from Germany that we were able to get TC Feline and this worked well as it had oil in it.
With the chunks, we just add oil to cats daily diet but because we're giving him CF too, think it all works well in the end, at least anything is better than kibble or whiskas equivalent.

Really good to hear someone else feeding raw, makes a huge difference.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2017, 14:12:33 PM »
Thanks Suzanne,

How does the one you made mention of compare to Cats Fine as our one is a bit fussy with texture and I'm reluctant to buy anything in bulk if it goes to waste,

Have yours had the granu pet sachets or tins and what's that like?  I'm also thinking about the macs pouches but these days the local pet shop are doing country hunter which seems to be a good high meat content one

Do you make your own raw with an adapted recipe?

We used to but it got too much for us so the nature own frozen nuggets were a help.

I think the Simpsons is similar to CF, possibly a bit finer (been a while since I bought CF).  I've only tried Grau tins but have tried macs pouches which tbh didn't go down that well (even with Kito who eats pretty much anything).  Tins generally are more economically and mine are fine eating stuff from a previously opened tin or that has been frozen.

For raw I buy meat from the supermarket and add this stuff to it

http://t.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/supplements_specialty_cat_food/vitamins/155860

It makes it complete but I am looking to add a few supplements like krill oil and I think it's a little calcium heavy but it's working so far.

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 12:39:25 PM »
I use zooplus but not for German cat food I'm afraid.

We have had some donated to the rescue before though - Bozita. It comes in cartons (same packaging as long life milk/ juice) as well as tins I think.

From what I remember its very high meat content, about 80% and a pate texture. Am not sure where it was purchased from unfortunately!
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Nero the Hero

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 10:40:32 AM »
Thanks Suzanne,

How does the one you made mention of compare to Cats Fine as our one is a bit fussy with texture and I'm reluctant to buy anything in bulk if it goes to waste,

Have yours had the granu pet sachets or tins and what's that like?  I'm also thinking about the macs pouches but these days the local pet shop are doing country hunter which seems to be a good high meat content one

Do you make your own raw with an adapted recipe?

We used to but it got too much for us so the nature own frozen nuggets were a help.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 10:01:28 AM »
https://www.simpsonspremium.com/cats/adult

Same texture as the others - coarse pate. Kito loves it. A garden centre near me sells loose tins of it now so I buy a few from them to keep on stand by. I use Felini plus from zooplus to add to raw meat.

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 23:56:38 PM »

Tried all the German foods and the Hoolies won't eat any of them. They will only eat Felix AGAIL but I do get that from Zooplus when its not on offer in the supermarkets

Offline Nero the Hero

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 22:50:04 PM »
Thanks Susanne,

Yes we feed raw as well (nature's menu frozen chunks) so much better than the days we were making our own
but he gets a helping of catz fine too. I've not heard of the other one you made mention of where you get it direct.
I think the happy kitty looked good so I'm waiting for a reply from them.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 22:50:48 PM by Nero the Hero »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 22:43:38 PM »
I used to buy all food from zooplus and happy kitty company but I feed raw now. Main brands I bought were Granatapet, Macs, Om Nom Nom, Ropocat, Grau, Ferringa and Catz finefoods. I also bought Simpsons premium direct from Simpsons. All good foods and all went down well here.

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 11:40:44 AM »
 :rofl: my cat speaks some German .  I taught him years ago , but he likes gourmet perle really.
 :shify:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 11:10:18 AM »
We order all our wet food from Zooplus and its all great
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Nero the Hero

• Kitten
German Cat Foood Brands
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 09:49:01 AM »
Hi,
What a beautiful day for all who are feline the benefits of the lovely warm sunshine  :)

Wondering if any peeps here use zoo plus, honest kitchen or happy kitty company to buy in their German brands of cat food.

We currently use catz fine from ZP and also feed ours on raw. We are wondering about brands like grana pet, tundra, macs - how these compare as the CF range seems to have been significantly reduced in how one can purchase the flavours.

Before we were able to buy direct from Germany but one provider FP have closed permanently it seems and with Brexit, not sure how this impacts in the bigger picture.

Thanks,

Nero Cat
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 11:16:43 AM by Nero the Hero »

Link to CatChat