Author Topic: Does anyone know a potter?  (Read 2619 times)

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
Re: Does anyone know a potter?
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 12:14:41 PM »
I gave up on the kitchen for the same reason, Sue

I ended up removing a bottom shelf from an alcove in the sitting room and putting food dishes on a tray at the back of the space, out of the way of human feet

I found a jemmy ideal for yanking tray plus dishes back into my reach
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 12:15:53 PM by Kay&2Ts »
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 11:58:07 AM »
That sounds great Kay.  I do hope she can find someone.  Have been looking at various raised bowls myself, but can see my tripping over them more.  (I'm already a hazard in the kitchen with the existing bowls  :evillaugh:).  Anyone else find that when you're busy in there, especially if prepping food (not necessarily puss nosh) you become an object of great interest and curiousity? :evillaugh:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 10:01:02 AM »
thanks folks - I myself have suggested a small but commercial pottery near me to Larraine - if they are interested I could pop in and show them the bowls I have, which could make a difference

when I see my elderly podge able to sit down whilst eating from one of my bowls I feel sure others would want them too, if the price was affordable
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 09:40:39 AM »
I asked Russell and he said he sold his workshop when he retired a couple of years back. All the potters he knows make hand-thrown, which is entirely different from using moulds.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 07:32:02 AM »
There's a fantastic potter who works in Nethy Bridge in Scotland

Nethy Bridge Pottery
Culreach Cottages, Grantown-on-Spey PH26 3NH          Phone: 01479 821114

I can't claim acquaintancewith the gentleman but have bought from his pottery before on a number of occasions.   I have some lovely bowls and two amazing wine goblets from him.   I don't know if it might be worth her while approaching someone like him?   

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 07:01:55 AM »

Only Harry!!!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 00:43:32 AM »
Kay, I know (not personally) a potter, he is retired, so may not be interested in getting into anything commercial, but he has contacts in the business and he loves cats - I could put the word out.

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
Does anyone know a potter?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 19:00:12 PM »
A lady in Canada who makes the best raised cat bowls ever, and from whom I've bought several in the past, is looking for a potter in the UK to use her moulds for the UK market, and she is such a nice person I have offered to help her if I can

There are no bowls as good on the market in the UK- believe me I've spent hours looking -  but the postage and customs duty makes them expensive to buy directly from her

I have more details of what is required if anyone knows someone who might be interested - here is a link to her website http://www.classycatdishes.com/our-story/
Robert A. Heinlein:

Link to CatChat