Author Topic: still needed! please go to our facebook page and create a dummy lost and found post  (Read 1758 times)

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
Thats a really great idea re: Missing Pet Register  ;D
It was putting Tazi on there that prompted a response from Purrs - thus joining this great forum. Unfortunately it wasnt the outcome I hoped  :'( but i least got him "home"

Good luck with your page!! - I'm not from your area but do love to see pictures and good news stories and also still support events - eventually adopting Peanut after I lost Tazi opened my eyes. You all do amazing, tireless work  :Luv:

If it wasnt for my "Grumpy Old Man" i'd foster (he seethes with jealousy everytime Peanut is about  :rofl:) ....something for the future maybe....until then always happy to contribute  :)
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Thank you. I saw the post, could edit it and finally delete it.

So in practice it does work.

The second post I included on there when setting it up holds a link to the national missing pets register as endorsed on purrs. If people use that and want to post a link to us as a local cat, then it works with them only having to fill the details in once.

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
I notice too that in your pics is many a lost and found advert and photo's for lost cats in there - i tried to upload a photo in the lost and found and havent found how to do that yet.
Might be worth creating a photo album for the lost and found too??
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
Actually, it might just need the writing on the photos being White to stand out more - as the pics look small on the page the red isnt so clear (but then i may need glasses too  :shify: but i'm hoping to put that off a bit longer  :shify:  :rofl: )

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
Hi Angie,

Found the link once i knew where to find it and have made a post. Easy to do and easy navigation back to your home page. Perhaps in Group Description in Capitals put: For Adoption or Lost & Found please use Events Links ===>
I did have to allow the application but then that is just due to my own security settings and it is only to give permission for me to recieve feedback and notifications on the posts etc so no problems with allowing it.
All in a lovely page - i hope you find whether you have the correct Admin on deleting/editing posts etc
Hope this helps and if you need anything else you can always message me via facebook also
 :) :)

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
 :waiting:

pretty please!

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
You see thats the problem! I've got a forum App called lost and found near the events and application tag! If you put a comment on there I can't see it which is worrying. Can someone plese try. I want to see a post (or two) that a)  know they are going on their and b) to see how much control i have over editing, deleting them.

I'm off to put a stick post on about the loast and founds thing now - but if it don't work, it'll have to go.

I did think about a separate page and may have to do it thay way.
I think there may be a very complicated way with some programming but a quick look had me going to lie down!

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
I put a link to Purrs Forum so post is easily identified  ;D

Page looks lovely by the way and as easy to post to as any page - and although you having trouble "losing" Lost & Found posts (the old layouts for groups was designed that the most popular/commented on post ended up at the top of the page) the new Timeline does compliment a group and i do find it easier to see past posts.....
Maybe a separate Lost & Found Page with a link on your current Page if you are finding it difficult to organise them??
Good luck!!  ;D

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
i Will put a post on for you. It will be in my 'real' name of Sarah McElvaney.... :evillaugh:

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Yeah Im just waiting for it to happen but I dont tend to allow anything access to my information. Sorry
love
Tab

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
I think the timeline changeover is a given this weekend for everyone!

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
I went and found the page very easily and got to the point of posting but then it wanted access to my information and to upgrade me to timeline which I dont want so didnt post.
Hope that helps
love
Tab

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
oh and sorry about the adds on the forum - if you don't wanna pay you get ads!

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
Hi, I've added a forum app to our FB page. Can I ask someone to go on and put an entry in and then give me some feedback on this thread.

https://www.facebook.com/CoventryCatGroup

I'm trying to get a feel for how easy it is to spot on the page and also see what I can do to someone elses post (ie delete, amend).

Losts and found posts seem to get lost among the other posts, so I'm fiddling to see if I can put them in one place.

If anyone knows of a better app or way I can do it, I am open to suggestions!

thanks
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 14:00:52 PM by Angie (covcats) »

Link to CatChat