Author Topic: a friend for my Missy  (Read 1218 times)

Offline Genevieve

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: mystique AKA Missy
Re: a friend for my Missy
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 10:56:52 AM »
ive made a tough choice and Missy is staying here with my flat mate, they get on really well (she doesnt seem to like me much) and it means that she wont have to be in a cat box for nearly 3 hours and settle in else where.  :'(

but no home is complete without a puss so if i get adopted by a feline then i will be back lol

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 01:21:50 AM »
I have 3 boys and i girl but Rosella has a load of girls and her experiences are probably better than mine, but my girl a tortie and semi feral doesnt like the birmans but loves Misa.

I think a friend now for Missy maybe good so that a move and a new friend dont come together. Also the younger they are, the most likely they will take to each other.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 16:32:48 PM »
Well I've never actually had 2 girls together only a boy and girl, but I've found that girls have always been the stroppiest ones and the boys have always settled with other felines easier.  Other peeps may have found different though.  I do think it's probably a good idea to get friend for Missy though for company if you're going to be out a fair bit, if she seems ok with other cats.

PS I'll move this to General Cat Chat section as this is really for peeps currently looking for another puss rather than general advice and you'll probably get more replies there  :hug:
(unless of course you are and I've misread then I'll move it back  :))

« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 16:35:38 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Genevieve

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: mystique AKA Missy
a friend for my Missy
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 14:40:46 PM »
When i move and have the ability to let my Missy outside (live in a second floor flat on busy road at moment) i would like to get my little girl a friend... should i get Missy a girl friend or a boyfriend? ive heard that girl cats struggle to become friends, is this the norm or just in some cases?

i dont want her to be lonely when i start work

thanks x

Link to CatChat