Author Topic: Hello from another newbie  (Read 3366 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Hello from another newbie
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 15:57:35 PM »
Thanks for the welcome  ;D I can't believe that I have only been here for a few days, I feel so at home.

That's lovely to hear  :)

Offline kittiesmom

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: scooby & tilly. My Wildcats.
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 14:59:09 PM »
      :Luv: Hi Cat girl, We  lived  near Manchester but we have lived in Scotland now for the last 6 years. :catluv:
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 15:02:20 PM by kittiesmom »
until you love a cat you haven't loved.

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 14:49:05 PM »
Just being nosey :shy: i wondered if kittiesmum lived in Yorkshire?

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 10:53:53 AM »
Thanks for the welcome  ;D I can't believe that I have only been here for a few days, I feel so at home.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 07:34:56 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 14:31:21 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 22:14:52 PM »
Thanks for the welcome, guys  :)

I am currently slave to Alfie, a young black (neutered) male. He came and found us in September of last year, we think he was just under 1 year old at the time. We managed to track down his 'owner' who really wasn't bothered whether she got him back. By that time I was besotted with him so we she said we could keep him  ;D  After having elderly cats it was a bit of a shock to have an adolescent around but he has calmed down a lot in the time we have had him -and grown!

I found this site when I was searching for the 'Flying Frenzy', I have bought the basic + 1 addition for Alfie and also the basic for my friend's cat who is 2 next week. The parcel is currently sitting at the sorting office as I was out when the postman came  :(

Our previous cats were littermates who lived to be 19 and 20 respectively. I promised Mr Slugsta 'no more cats' for a while but Alfie turned up on our doorstep, so it was clearly Meant To Be  :briggin: He is a lovely boy, very affectionate and I am so lucky to have him!

Offline kittiesmom

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: scooby & tilly. My Wildcats.
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 16:31:13 PM »
 :welcome: Hi Slugsta and Alfie. Hope you enjoy purrs as much as I do, lovely people and gorgeous kitties.  :catluv: my two kitts Tilly and Scooby.
until you love a cat you haven't loved.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 07:07:38 AM »

Hello Slugsta and of course Alfie  :welcome:   A very warm welcome to Purrs to you both.  Am glad you decided to join in the fun on the forum, and hope you enjoy what you find, and have a good explore of the site.

How old is Alfie, and what colour is he?  How long have you had him?  We love to know things about our members and their puds, and p iccies are especially welcome, if you'd like to share any with us.   :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 23:50:30 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 21:46:51 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

What toys did you get Alfie then? Has he tried the Flying Frenzy (UK version of Da Bird)  :wow:

Fora, I like that word  :naughty:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
Hello from another newbie
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 21:35:47 PM »
Hi guys,

I found this forum through looking for some super-dooper toys for my cat, Alfie. I am a member of several fora and spend faaaar too much of my time on-line  :-[ , this is the only cat-related one though.

Alfie has just foresaken my lap in the hope of getting some food from Daddy. I must admit that it does make using the laptop a bit easier!

Link to CatChat