Author Topic: Need all you rescues to add your rescue here - entry into poll for fundraiser!  (Read 6613 times)

Offline bigmike

• Adult Cat
Well it's a definate for CAT RESCUE FLINTSHIRE for me.  :welcome:

I have seen Dawn's work first hand and can tell you all that she does a terrific job usually out of her own pocket.

I can't imagine the amount of ferrals that have had their lives changed for the better due to Dawn's selfless efforts.

Our last three beautiful cats (not ferral) came to us from Cat Rescue Flintshire.  :thanks:

So, it's Cat Rescue Flintshire all the way.
I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death you're right to say it.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Right deadline for rescues to enter the voting to gain the funds raised :donate2: from our diary sales this year will be over by 10pm tonight.   :o
So ya have just over an hour to get ya rescue name in the voting.

So far we have 8
Cat77 trust Shaw Branch
Coventry Cat group
Cat Rescue Flintshire
Colchester Cat Rescue
Lost Cats Brighton
Paws Inn
Eight Lives Left Kitten Rescue
9 Lives

A poll will be set up tonight with all these and any who post here by 10pm to night.
Two votes per member in the poll and all voting will finish on Friday March 30th.

The rescue with the most votes by our members will be given the funds from our diary fundraiser.
This is the fairest way we can choose a rescue. I wish we had enough for all rescues but to give a decent amount, we can only give to one at a time.

Thanks for all your support.  :thanks: :hug:

Offline tammy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Smudge
thats ok ;)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Thanks Tammy ;D

Offline tammy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Smudge
hello Gill

I had dealings with a lady called Jenny and she is based in Pimlico. I originally found 9Lives through a link at catchat.org last september time when my Smudge died as I was looking for a small charity to donate her things to.

Because there isnt one central premises as such for the chairty to keep costs down they use a postbox no and e mail for their communications

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Hi Tammy

I have just had a very quick scan of the website you gave in the link.

I wanted to see where the rescue was based but cannot see any clue except a PO Box number in SW1.

I may have missed the address of their premises and where the keep these cats, so if you could enlighten us I would be grateful please. Sorry have just sen that they are keopt at peoples homes.

Have you seen the cats in their care? Have you had any dealings with any of the people concerned with this group?

Thanks

Gill
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 15:03:18 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline tammy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Smudge
Hi I would like to nominate 9 Lives in South London. They take in cats that are considered not rehomable (well not easily rehomable). Such cats include the very old, life long sickness/medication requirements, disabled (missing limbs,eyes). Some of those will stay with the rescue for life and are very financially demanding , more so than most. There is no central rehoming centre or rescue, all the volunteers work from home and their rescue cats are with them in comfort. They recieve no funding at all and desparately need help.

They do a great job and I think them very brave for concentrating on this particular group of cats to help!! Below is a link for their website, please pay them a visit.

www.9lives.org.uk

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
Hi, I'd like to nominate Eight Lives Left Kitten Rescue in Gosport, Hampshire.  Basically, it is me and my long suffering husband and we take in orphaned and abaondoned kittens in the surround area and further afield if necessary (we took some from Diddy Dawn last year) and integrate them into our homes and rear them until new homes can be found, which are then homechecked.

All my kittens leave with a full veterinary health check, at least their first vaccination and they are microchipped in the name of the Rescue so that if anything happens to them, I know about it and if people forget to change their microchip details, at least they Database can contact me so I can help.  If the kittens or cats are older when they go, they also have their second vaccination and are neutered.

Although originally only helping kittens, we now take in cats of any age and mums with kittens and any feline that needs help basically.

The only funding we get is from the £60 donation we ask for when re-homing a kitty and money from happy owners during the year, and from the recycling of old electrical cable we dispose of through our electrical contacting business.

We have a re-homing page on CatChat and also a paypal account if anyone would like to make donations - lesleytiggersmum@ntlworld.com

At home, we now have 19 permanent cats, who are the disabled, dysfunctional, slightly still too feral, and terminally ill, who will spend the rest of their lives in comfort with us.

This started as an interest and assistance when I worked at a Veterinary Hospital (on the Admin side!) and has turned into a vocation and I wouldn't change it for anything.  We will certainly never be rich but we are rich in the love that all our kitties show us.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 09:37:13 AM by lesleytiggersmum »
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
I would like to nominate

Paws Inn  a small independent rescue that has managed to rescue and rehome over 4000 very deserving cats over the last 18 years.
We provide for feral and domestic alike and have a strict No Kill policy, every life is precious to us .Our vet bills are high as many new arrivals are much the worse for wear often needing emergency veterinary treatment: we  neuter, vaccinate and microchip all adult cats before rehoming and all kittens receive 1st vaccinations as well as regular flea and worm treatment. We also have a number of permanent residents, including a feral colony  and domestics like Minimopsical and Buster whose disabilities  make rehoming detrimental to them.
We are grateful for all support and would ask that you please consider voting for us.
Thank you.

BTW the feral kitten pictured on our banner had her leg amputated at age 5weeks and is now a happy 2year old with a home of her own.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 14:05:39 PM by Teresa Pawcats »

Offline becky

• Kitten
Moved to voting thread
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 13:36:03 PM by Tan »

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Hi Bethany & Alison

This bit is only for the rescues or for fosters to nominate thier rescue to enter the vote.
Once we have all the rescues listed here, we will then do a thread where all the Purrs memebrs can vote.  ;) ;D

Offline bethany97

• Kitten
i will also say cat action 1977 shaw because delsy helped us with shabba

Offline alison67

• Adult Cat
i will vote for cat action trust 1977 shaw branch
A greyhound is for life not just for racing

fuzziesdad

OK this is a potted history of LOST CATS BRIGHTON
It all started with ron helping me try to find our missing cat fuzzie,we both then went on to join CATS PROTECTION in which we both had some great success,we both left CP because of their insistance there would never be a shelter in Brighton.
I went on to run a lost and found for the cats of Brighton little knowing I would be leaving for pastures new in Wales,I left the lost and found in the very capable hands of ron and before long he was picking up the strays that had been reported to him and keeping them in a pen,feeding,jabbing and re-homing them so much so that since we left Brighton 3 years ago ron has re-homed 470 cats an astounding feat for just one person not only just having to pick up the cats but having to trap many of the craftier ones along with still running the lost and found,helping with the putting up of posters and trapping some of the wayward mites.
Ron does sometimes have some help but this is very intermittent,he has never had anyone who help permanently( now I am beginning to feel very guilty that I left Brighton) and sometimes I ring him after midnight and get the answer phone and he will ring me back because he was still up at the pens looking after the cats he has in his care(he sat all night on November the 5th because of the fireworks and bonfires that were so close) good thing he still smokes other wise I think this would have driven him mad.
Ron was extremely grateful for the money he received last Christmas most of which went on one months vet bill,he has always found it a struggle because he has a no kill policy and will give every cat the chance to live out a normal life and can be found on a Saturday at Ford doing his car boot come rain or shine.
Ron and I have been friends for some years now,we think alike and I know that a normal day for ron is about 16 hours (thats why you don't see him on forums much)and with ron what you see is what you get someone who is totally genuine,loves all animals but has that special thing for cats and cat lovers.
my friendship with ron has overcome my insistence I would not post on the forum again but he is such a worthwhile cause here I am.
roger.             

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I think it would be very helpful for all those nominating to give a potted history of how the rescue works etc , just like Dawn and Milly have done.

This will enable peeps to know what they are voting for......................publicity , publicity, publicity  ;D

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I nominate Colchester Cat Rescue www.colchestercatrescue.org.uk

Our full name is Colchester & District Cat Rescue and Rehoming Society. We were formed in 1974 and became a Registered Charity in 1978, so we were delighted to celebrate our Silver Anniversary in 2003 after 25 years.

We are an independent local cat rescue charity, covering Colchester and the surrounding area. We liaise with other rescue organisations such as Cats Protection branches in Essex and Suffolk to ensure that those in need find help.

We receive no government funding or grants, and are entirely dependent on our own fundraising

All cats that come to us are spayed/castrated, vaccinated and microchipped by us - our main costs are our vets' bills.  £75,000 in 2005!!

We now have about 150 cats (and one dog!) that we care for.
We have 12 chalets with cats for rehoming, and 3 large colonies of cats that we have been unable to find homes for, including some ferals.

We never have any cat put to sleep unless it is advised by our vet. Any cat that we have been unable to rehome is allowed to live out its life peacefully with other feline companions. They have warm shelter, food and all necessary veterinary care for as long as they need.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Cat Rescue Flintshire please  :)  By voting for me you will be helping to feed lots of feral babes and also helping to pay for much needed vet care which some of them need., this includes cats in my care and also feral cats that are injured etc but are living wild.  I also take in strays etc but I work mainly with the feral cats.  I do this all in my own time and the funds come of my pocket, I have varying numbers of cats in my care at any given time and whenever possible, they are tamed down and rehomed into loving environments.  All people are vetted and homechecks are done......again, all expenses come out of my own pocket.   :ahh:  These guys really deserve help and without much needed funds, I really can't continue indefinitely.  Thank you  :hug:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 02:54:22 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
well I'd like to nominate the RSPCA - no, only joking.

Coventry Cat Group! (now theres a suprise!)

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Hmm Shall we say all nominations to go into the poll have to be posted here by ...................

25th March 2007

;D ;D ;D ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
How long are the nominations open for Tan?

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Brill thats one  :thanks: :thanks:

If noone else posts they got it  ;)  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
That's OK then, I will nominate CAT77 Shaw Branch. The Shaw Branch was set up 10.5 years ago and is set up mainly for mums and kittens, as other people who concentrated on adults have since left the branch, so we rely on our fosterers for some of the adult cats. we dont put any healthy cats to sleep, the only ones that are are when our vet can't do anymore, and they try incredibly hard to give all the sick cats a chance (sometimes dont know when to call it a day really), I do dread to think of how much the running costs were for this year, we dont find out till the end of the month, but I know we had our highest vet bills ever last year.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 21:05:08 PM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Yes Des ya can nominate your Rescue that ya foster for. Sorry i didnt word it well (have changed the wording now  :doh:).

All fosters can nominate thier Rescues branch.  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 11:49:24 AM by Tan »

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
So does that mean that me and Kelly can't nominate the cat rescue we foster for?
Please spay your cat

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Hi all you wonderful rescues.

We would like all the cat rescues on here to add ya rescue's name to this thread so you can be entered into the poll for who gets the funds raised from the Purrs A5 diary project this year.
Once we have all the rescues that want to enter, a thread will be put up and all Purr's members will have two votes each for their choosen rescue. The rescue with the most votes gets the funds raised form the sales later this year.

All cat rescues can be entered ie individual branches of Cat protection etc etc and independant cat rescues. All fosters can nominate the Rescue and branch they foster for, in this case the money will be for their Rescue center or branch and not the indivdual foster.

:Luv: :Luv:

« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 11:48:29 AM by Tan »

Link to CatChat