Author Topic: HELP  (Read 1566 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: HELP
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 15:39:24 PM »
I have cut the affected carpet out and underlay  and thrown it in bin  it was behind the sofa so hidden away 

Thats the other option to cleaning  :rofl:

Thats sad for her, sounds like shes had a barren start to life  :( the good thing is she now has you spoiling her rotten.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 01:10:34 AM »
Thats great that she is back to using the tray again.............maybe now it will be tentative step forward  ;D

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 00:49:31 AM »
Hi Bluecat,

Nothing much more that I could usefully add except I find a steam cleaner extremely useful for the odd mishap. Howwever, as Milly's Mum says you have to got to the underlay and floor. After using the steam cleaner with nozzle forcing the steamed bit on to a cloth, I use a cat disinfectant spray. Any trace left says to the cat that it is a toilet area with her urinary scent.

Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline bluecat

• Senior Cat
  • m
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 23:56:42 PM »
Its important to soak the carpet right down to the underlay or some smell will remain. Its a pain to dry but the best way.

How far is her tray from her bolt hole?

Did you say her history was an ex-breeding cat? Could be confusing you with some one else  :shify: I wonder if she was kept in a pen and never really got used to a home environment.

If the peeing doesn't stop i would get her urine analysed just in-case she had crystals.

I have cut the affected carpet out and underlay  and thrown it in bin  it was behind the sofa so hidden away  :evillaugh: 

Yes she was an ex breeding cat and according to them she stayed in the bedroom as she was bullied by the  other cats.  Alarm bells should have rung why they were keen to bring her to me rather than make the trip to them  to pick her up. I don't think theirs any thing physically with her as its not a regular thing. She wont pee or eat etc with me in the room shes back to sneaking off to the litter tray etc now so back to normal

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 19:29:05 PM »
Its important to soak the carpet right down to the underlay or some smell will remain. Its a pain to dry but the best way.

How far is her tray from her bolt hole?

Did you say her history was an ex-breeding cat? Could be confusing you with some one else  :shify: I wonder if she was kept in a pen and never really got used to a home environment.

If the peeing doesnt stop i would get her urine analysed just incase she had crystals.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 19:19:09 PM »
Only time I have been to Cardifff was to IKEA !  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline bluecat

• Senior Cat
  • m
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 14:59:24 PM »
After cleaning you can also get some Simple solution from Pets at Home which should get rid of smell.

Poor Mary, I guess its back to square one with her taking it very softly softly. I would leave a litter tray near to where sh hides so she can slip out when nobody is around.

no pets at home stores here so will have to go cardiff which im planing to do on  mon any way to nip into nearest ikea and get some tents save going back and forth.  She wouldnt use the tunnel where it was i checked on her early this morn not as though i slept so i moved the last bit of tunnel to where it was before with the bits underneath ( thiers no carpet left where she peed  :censored: but at least she wont be tempted to do it thier again )  and the sofa hides the bare floor   :sneaky:

One of the vicky hall books i orderd arived today which looks like a good read flicked through some of it esp the scaredy cat section totaly ignoring mary at the momemant which is very hard and prob my  downfall up to this point so fingers crossed

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 01:32:26 AM »
After cleaning you can also get some Simple solution from Pets at Home which should get rid of smell.

Poor Mary, I guess its back to square one with her taking it very softly softly. I would leave a litter tray near to where sh hides so she can slip out when nobody is around.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 01:26:48 AM »
The best thing to clean is: Mix biological washing powder+water. wipe it over,then wash it just with warm water,leave it to dry,and then spray some surgical spirit to take the smell away. may be you can leave some popy training pad around the area, but i dont know how to get her to come and use the tray?

Offline bluecat

• Senior Cat
  • m
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 01:02:08 AM »
well the ofending pice of carpet was behind the sofa so i cut the pice out and the lino and cleaned the area thiers only half a tunnel left now so i put black bags over the carpet and news paper on top then the tunnel on top of that  i have changed where the tunnel was though so if she pees in the tunnel i can contain it hopefuly just dont know what else to do

Offline bluecat

• Senior Cat
  • m
HELP
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 23:48:26 PM »
WHATS THE BEST THING TO REMOVE CAT URINE FROM CARPET MARY AGAIN   :Crazy: DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANY MORE IF SHES TOO SCARED TO LEAVE HER HIDING HOLE TO USE THE TRAY  :scared: 

Link to CatChat