Author Topic: Meet Mr No Name - he's Valentino  (Read 42481 times)

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
Re: Meet Mr No Name - he's Valentino
« Reply #247 on: April 14, 2009, 18:35:42 PM »
your role in life, Desley,  seems to be making sure these lovely oldies have some quality home life for as long as possible, and when that is no longer feasible,  as good an end as any cat could hope for

and I can't think of a better one :hug:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #246 on: April 14, 2009, 18:25:55 PM »
Thanks everyone - we only did in house results so they have come back - his ALK-P is so high the machine can't read it, and his ALT has got a lot higher too, which explains the sickness, and the drinking. His kidneys look fine, which is amazing, although there can be 75% loss before they show up. So it is just a case of monitoring and if the sickness and diarrhea get too bad, I have to let him go, but hopefully he can have some quality time till then - the vet did warn me last month we were down to months, and I have said from teh start I only thought he had months - hasn't stopped me being upset, but as I said to the vet, at least he is in a home environment, as I picked him up from the streets, it could have been so much worse for him. Seeing him sprawl out on the sofa or chair, enjoying coming and going, he has a good enough quality of life for now, and it is just a case of one day at a time with him.
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #245 on: April 14, 2009, 15:55:46 PM »
 :hug: Desley, I'll say it again - you'll do what's best for Tino, just as you did for all your other oldies. A lot of older cats are lucky there are people like you in the world. Sending Tino fuss.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #244 on: April 14, 2009, 13:15:48 PM »
Am sad to hear this Desley, but you've given him so much in this latter part of his life.   Hoping he'll have a little time left yet.  :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #243 on: April 14, 2009, 13:09:43 PM »
Sending lots of positive vibes Tino's way~~~~~~~ :hug:

Sorry things arnt sounding to good....but he is in the best place possible!  :Luv: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #242 on: April 14, 2009, 12:24:07 PM »
oh dear, lots of positive thoughts going his way xx

when do you get the results back?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 12:25:14 PM by janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #241 on: April 14, 2009, 10:56:39 AM »
Sorry to hear this, Desley.  At least he is living out his days in comfort.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #240 on: April 14, 2009, 10:35:34 AM »
Sorry to hear this Desley, hopefully he will have a good amount of quality time left  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #239 on: April 14, 2009, 10:07:20 AM »
So sorry to hear that things are taking a turn for the worst Desley.  You are doing everything for him that you can he just got to you too late.

He is comfortable and happier than he has probably been in a long time.  If you can make his time to the end as comfortable as possible then you have fulfilled your role in his life, however short or long a time that is.

:hug:
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #238 on: April 14, 2009, 10:03:25 AM »
Thanks - not the most promising vet visit - started off with the vet passing comment that he doesn't look great!! He now weighs 3.05kg, which is more than he did at his dental, but less than when he came in - at least he has put half of his lost weight back on, so there is a chance for the other half. We really struggled with bloods though, apparently his blood pressure was really dire, so we nearly didn't get bloods out of him!! When she went to check his heart, I pointed out that I can see his heart beating really fast, which the vet said isn't a good sign, and the smell from his mouth that started a couple of days ago is likely due to his kidneys (I had suspected that, but prayed it wasn't) - that is an incredibly bad sign though. So there is a very good chance his kidneys are going, and combined with untreatable hyper-t, means he wont have long. We have some Pro-kolin for his tum, as if we can't control his tum and he does have kidney failure, it will cause him to get worse even quicker due to dehydration.
Please spay your cat

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #237 on: April 14, 2009, 09:37:02 AM »
Lots of positive vibes on their way Desley  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #236 on: April 14, 2009, 09:28:00 AM »
Lots of good vibes for Tino  :Luv:  he sounds a happy, content old boy

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #235 on: April 14, 2009, 08:28:24 AM »
Tino has his repeat bloods today, so can we have some vibes please? I'm not going to do thyroid on him again as he hasn't taken enough meds, so it will just be basic in house ones that I will get back today - am not sure they will be very good. His pupils are always quite dilated too. But, he really enjoys pottering about the house, and sleeping on the sofa, or the chair in the cat room, so no immediate decision needs to be made.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #234 on: April 11, 2009, 22:27:32 PM »
He sure is, my sis came round earlier, and he had a good cuddle with her, and she agreed that his fur has got a lot better since being here (I thought it had, but couldnt be 100% sure), and he got bought some nice new food from Asda and PAH, he can just about manage the salmon Dreamies treats (didn't like chicken or the cheese ones though!!), and a friend kindly gave us some sliced chicken this morning (he doesn't know about that yet though, had a hectic day today) - first thing he did when he went outside was roll in the dust, he obviously doesn't want to be a nice clean white and black cat!!

Thank you Trigger, it certainly isn't an easy job, and I do feel I need a break now (although not sure how much of a break it will be, cos at the very least there is my 16 and 19yo - well, Zi will be next month, and Sam who is 11/12 yo with health issues!!), 5 terminally ill in 13 months, with the past 6 having at least one, and quite a bit of time with 2 has been hard. Although everyone on here who knows me knows that me and no dont seem to know each other when it comes to cats!!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #233 on: April 11, 2009, 22:18:22 PM »
Delsey, I've said it before and I'll say it again - you are a total hero for the care you give these old codgers - it is clearly no easy job to keep the Tinos on the right side of quality life and your dedication is extraordinary

I reckon there must be a special section up at Rainbow Bridge for Delsey's golden oldies, where the grass is extra soft, and the flowers smell extra sweet
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #232 on: April 11, 2009, 22:02:19 PM »
This little guy is very special.  He certainly has ideas of his own.  Bless you Desley.  You couldn't be a better carer for this little man.   :cuddle:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #231 on: April 11, 2009, 08:45:05 AM »
Thanks, will ask the vet for some on Tues. He had a normal poo overnight, but back to loose this morning - last nights tea did have SEB in it. I must also apologise for the lack of photos, I have taken loads, but he does look so thin and bony in them I am reluctant to post them. He is certainly happy, although he was funny yesterday - he spent quite a lot of time in the cat room, he would sit on my knee while I was in there, but not too bothered with me when we came downstairs - he did try, but then Sam tried to join in and Tino didn't like Sam being that close!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #230 on: April 10, 2009, 18:52:35 PM »
Peridale granules might be worth a go, you can sprinkle them on food, and although they smell odd to me, Dinah ate them in food so they must taste ok. They're supposed to stop runny bums as well as constipation.

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #229 on: April 10, 2009, 13:37:31 PM »
 :( Hope you can get something for poor Tino's tum, do you think SEP really works though? I have tried it for myself and I just find it makes me feel worse, it may be good to build you up but I don't think it does alot tum wise

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #228 on: April 10, 2009, 10:18:45 AM »
Just logging in to send hugs to Tino  :hug: and hope his digestive system can be sorted out.  I'm sure he'll enjoy pottering in and out, anyway.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #227 on: April 10, 2009, 10:15:58 AM »
Thanks - decided he can have loads of freedom this next 10 days (I need to keep him isolated at night and while i am not here to monitor his food and toilet) he has already settled himself there, so have left him to it (with a bowl of food at the side of him, naturally!!). He had a really upset tum last night, and was sick as well, poor baby, I need to see if the vet can suggest anything to help him become solid, anything that has to be put in his mouth isn't an option, and I can only get small amounts of SEB in his food. He has eaten OK this morning (have stopped all meds for a couple of days, he was getting fussy cos of all his food being medicated)
Please spay your cat

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #226 on: April 09, 2009, 23:38:05 PM »
 :hug: He's going to *love* pinching the sofa off you for the next 10 days  :naughty:.
If he's happy, that's the main thing really.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #225 on: April 09, 2009, 11:23:56 AM »
 :hug: :hug: For you and Tino. :)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #224 on: April 09, 2009, 08:03:10 AM »
I doubt it BM - he gets to the seat before I do!! I have stopped all meds in his food now, and he seems much happier - something has helped his limp though. He didn't really sit with me last night, not sure where he spent part of the evening, but at least he feels comfortable to sleep in the cat room. Last day at work for 10 days, so he will have lots of freedom.

Thanks for the vibes, I think we will need them
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #223 on: April 08, 2009, 11:27:02 AM »
I wonder if he is liking the heat from your seat?  :evillaugh:

Sending positive vibes for Tino's blood result next week!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #222 on: April 08, 2009, 07:59:19 AM »
I wouldn't mind, but there are 2 2seater sofas, one has a nice set up for the cats with blankets, and he keeps sitting where I always sit!! He does have a special cushion on the back of the sofa now too though!! He hardly bothered with me last night though.

I am worried about his bloods next week though, his poo is rarely solid these days, despite some SEB in his food every day, and he felt bonier on his chest last night, so I wonder if he has lost some weight (when he had his dental, I was expecting some weight loss, but I wouldnt have said 400g like the scales said, so I am worried that I am not judging his weight right again), plus the fact he is drinking more.
Please spay your cat

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #221 on: April 07, 2009, 23:28:40 PM »
Aww, bless gorgeous Tino. :Luv: x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #220 on: April 07, 2009, 10:37:26 AM »
Hurrah! That's a positive post. :) I don't have a half of our sofa, I sit where I can. :shocked:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #219 on: April 07, 2009, 08:13:46 AM »
ahh, bless him!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #218 on: April 07, 2009, 08:05:04 AM »
Oh Desley!   :rofl: :rofl:  He's all cat!   And just what makes you think it's your half of the sofa, eh?  Eh?!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #217 on: April 07, 2009, 08:00:58 AM »
Thanks - he ate OK yesterday, despite me dosing all his meals, so he pretended not to want them, but he didn't get a choice!! He had a nice evening, spent most of it on the sofa, so maybe he is just happy that he can spend all his time on there rather than having to be out all the time - the only downside is he sits on my half of the sofa and sprawls out, so I had to eat my tea in an awkward position round him!! Very bright eyed, and that limp isn't stopping him (and it wasn't obvious this morning), so dont think I will take him this week, as if I do, he will still have to go next Tues for his bloods. His tum is still very dodgy though, but his fur feels better, and no sign of dehydration
Please spay your cat

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #216 on: April 06, 2009, 20:09:47 PM »
Here's hoping he had a better day today...

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #215 on: April 06, 2009, 10:10:08 AM »
Hugs to Tino from me too  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #214 on: April 06, 2009, 08:13:11 AM »
Hope he picks up soon xx

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #213 on: April 06, 2009, 07:56:21 AM »
Sending a gentle hug for Tino, Desley.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #212 on: April 05, 2009, 20:19:40 PM »
They like to make you panic, don't they? Hope Tino has a better day tomorrow.  :hug:

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #211 on: April 05, 2009, 20:11:30 PM »
That's the one thing I've noticed with Max over the last few months, his back end getting a bit skinnier.  We're off to the vets on Weds for his next lot of bloods, so I reckon he might have lost a bit more weight too.

They can be such a worry  :shy:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #210 on: April 05, 2009, 20:02:59 PM »
Me too - his back end is looking thinner too, so I might not post the pics I took today, all bar one he does look really thin on, so am not sure he will have gained any weight.
Please spay your cat

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #209 on: April 05, 2009, 19:58:31 PM »
Sending hugs x

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat