Author Topic: bunglycats new baby  (Read 33320 times)

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
Re: bunglycats new baby
« Reply #128 on: June 03, 2008, 02:54:17 AM »
Well Winston does keep the girls in check ( and Smartie as he is so soft !) :rofl:
Sophie does hide behind doors and jump out on Winston and then they take it in turns to chase each other round the bedrooms ( not bad going considering Sophie is 14 !), Bungle just follows him and throws herself on the floor and rolls at his feet !!! :Luv2:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #127 on: June 03, 2008, 01:56:54 AM »
Hmmmm a naughty tortie then  ;D

She is sweet  ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2008, 00:24:36 AM »
I'm gutted about it Gill  :(  I know you would have given her a fab home  :hug:  She is a contrary Mary, Benjy is lying next to her on the dryer at the moment and she's fine with him but you can bet your bottom dollar, she'll be whacking him shortly  :sneaky:  I spoke to her previous owner about her last week, he said she was with another cat up to a few months ago but the other was in charge and kept Phoebe in her place.  It's hard to say what's happened to her when she had free access, maybe she was attacked by other cats so she's a little wary of them now  :shy:  She may just need longer to settle with other cats but the problem is, it's a long way for her to go if it doesn't work out  :tired:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2008, 00:13:17 AM »
Oh Dawn, she is so beautiful -why does she have to be such a madam and not like other cats - she would love it here ( Winston has prawns on saturdays -i am sure she would have enjoyed them!!)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #124 on: June 02, 2008, 23:35:37 PM »
A couple of pics of the gorgeous Phoebe  :Luv:  Her fur is growing slightly now but I think it will be a while before she has a full coat  ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2008, 09:00:06 AM »
shame Pheobe has turned into such a madam!  Don't worry Bungly, persians seem to need rehoming very regularly so I don't suppose you'll have to wait long

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2008, 00:34:16 AM »
Thanks for the update Dawn - still looking forwards to pics of the little madam !!
I will just wait until another needy persian that does like other cats comes in -i think with Winston it would have to be a gentle female -not a male though.
Bungly came after him and she has not got a nasty bone in her body - never spits at the others and adores Winston and follows him about .
Had a nice long talk with your Hubby - i guess he told you.
Fencing is almost finished -all panels are up and they are coming back in a few days to chain link the bottom ( i am going to put screening of some sort -brushwood sandwiched between -as there is already 4ft high chainlink there and this done halfway down will double it and take it to 6 and a half feet high and screened about 3 foot in the middle without spoiling the view )
Can still buy the netting and straps them later to put on the posts all round and it will be properly cat proofed with a double gate too at the top end ( fortnox!!)
Will take pics when all done.
Got pics in the purrs cat show with them in the garden in a few pics.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 00:37:24 AM by bunglycat »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2008, 00:07:05 AM »
Update on Phoebe.  She's doing really well and is an absolute sweetheart but after careful consideration, she really needs to be an only cat.  She has tolerated the odd one of mine but the next thing, she'll be whacking them  :sneaky:  I think although she may or may not tolerate another, I feel with her age and everything, if she's going to be truly happy, that would not include another cat.  Cat proofing is also a definite :tired:  The last few weeks she has escaped twice, the first time she was gone getting on a week, had to put an ad in the paper just in case anyone had taken her in, and then she sauntered back as if nothing had happened  :sneaky:  The second time she got out, she came back the following day so although she would return, she needs safe outdoor access but definitely not free reign.  I'm gutted that she doesn't like other cats as I know Bunglycat could have given her the perfect home but Phoebe's happiness has to come first, and I'm sure somewhere out there will be the perfect addition to Bungly's family.  I will take some more piccies of Phoebe and hopefully post the next couple of days, I've been up to my eyes in it and feeling absolutely drained at the mo so have got a lot to catch up on  :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2008, 23:11:06 PM »
The fencing has been started today and its over half done  :yayyy: :yayyy:
At last and it went really well -should have stuck wih my brother doing it in the first place and it would be finished by now !

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2008, 14:53:43 PM »
Any piccies ready yet?

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2008, 23:37:01 PM »
When finances get sorted out -thinking of getting some kind of pen ( i have room and its a sheltered spot with brick wall about 12 foot high on 3 sides -looks ideal to fit a pen into and opposite my back door) then i can do a bit of rescue here -it might help some cats in the future !
Bet Phoebes coat is growing now - Smarties bald spot is nearly grown back !

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #117 on: May 07, 2008, 23:32:12 PM »
Phoebe's fine, still a little growly but getting better all the time.  I'll post some more piccies as soon as I get chance  :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2008, 23:30:41 PM »
Hi Dawn,
Any update /photos of Phoebe ? :Luv2:
Fingers crossed ,fencing should be done this week-end ( lets hope weather doesn''t change before then !)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2008, 15:21:53 PM »
it's definately not a cold weather job, we nearly froze our fingers off!  hope the weather stays clear for you soon!

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #114 on: April 28, 2008, 15:18:51 PM »
Not- at the moment !
Every time i think its going to get done -it rains all day !
The fencing is all stacked up ready to be done.
The man who lives at the bottom of the street is doing it for me and he tried twice last week in between his night shift and it poured with rain wed, thurs and frid all day !!!
He is on days this week , so hopefully depending on weather , this week end or early next week.
Its very frustrating -but we had a thunderstorm yesterday and rain and its just been raining again just now !
It will only take him a day , but i feel like i have been waiting for ages !
He is only charging £50 to do it , so i can''t keep hassling him -he spends the week-end with his wife and small daughter together as they don''t see each other much with both working - so he doesn''t like doing dd jobs on saturday , so maybe sunday or beginning of next week - depending on the rain.
I can't expect him to work all day in the rain for £50 really !
Can''t wait to get it done though - will be able to sit with patio door open at night and know they cant get out of the garden .
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 15:23:01 PM by bunglycat »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #113 on: April 28, 2008, 15:11:38 PM »
how's the catproofing going bungly??

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #112 on: April 28, 2008, 01:41:51 AM »
She's not brilliant but is getting better.  I'm sure she'll be fine as long as she has her own space but in saying that, she's just this second jumped onto the dryer and is lying next to Midge  :Crazy:  She will need time to settle with the others but if you take it slow, I can't see any problems, she's only been loose with mine for a few days and she's so much better  :)

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2008, 23:01:14 PM »
Just wondered how Phoebe is doing now - is she mixing ok ?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2008, 21:05:02 PM »
I've not tried her yet but will be doing over the next few days  ;)

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2008, 20:49:42 PM »
Hows Phoebe doing mixing with the others - are they getting on okay ?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2008, 20:26:44 PM »
 ;D That's great news  :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2008, 19:09:38 PM »
Fencing has arrived and is being put up next week !
Will post pics when its all done .

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2008, 22:48:23 PM »
Phoebe is absolutely fine, quite verbal and a little fuss pot  :Luv:  :Luv:  I've not introduced her to the other cats as yet but will be doing over the next week or so.  Good news about the fencing  :hug:

Shah will be going to his new home on Saturday so we will keep you all posted  :)                                           

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2008, 22:41:18 PM »
Just wondered how Phoebe is and Shah in his new home .
Have pmd you today -fencing arriving tomorrow ! ;D

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2008, 21:12:59 PM »
How is Phoebe doing now Dawn ?

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2008, 22:56:58 PM »
Anyone know cheapest place to buy this chainlink fencing or any 6 foot fencing -needs to be around 100 foot !
Saw a 25 metre roll on ebay for £69.99 delivered - is that cheap ?
Thanks
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 15:32:54 PM by bunglycat »

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2008, 10:30:03 AM »
Yaaayyyy!! Great news  :) :)

I put up Roz's system myself so I'm sure your brother will sort it in no time at all.  :)

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Persian that is called Phoebe is really called Baby.
« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2008, 03:06:14 AM »
Hi again Gill,

Those pampered Persians!!

I'm not up to speed on the price of fencing either but I can ask the guys tomorrow. You will need posts:  either concrete or metal would suffice for chainlink.

Like you, I'm off to bed in a mo.....just done the rounds...topping up food bowls to help the little gits get through the night.  It's a hell of a life ha ha! :tired:   

Speak tomorrow.

Roz
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2008, 03:03:38 AM »
Thanks for all your help with this Roz  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2008, 02:58:29 AM »
Hi Roz,
Yes, just got out of the bath and the cats have all been groomed tonight -so have had a smallish bowl of ham each for being good .
Going to bed in a mo  :yawn: :yawn:
Saw a roll of this chainlink type fencing on ebay -i think it was 25 metres yds long and 6 foot high for around £70 delivered -but no posts - not sure if thats a good price or not !?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 02:59:04 AM by bunglycat »

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2008, 02:53:16 AM »
Hi Gill,

Another nightbird!

You can just replace the whole thing with the same chainlink but higher.  Then you will be able to see the lovely view that you have now and if they intend to plant trees and build a lake, then it doesn't sound as though they will be building housing estates on it at some time in the future...which is always a worry anywhere these days!

Keep me posted on any developments.

Best wishes,

Roz
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2008, 02:45:07 AM »
Hi Roz,
Well , don''t know how long i will be here -maybe a few more years !
As the guy next door will definately be leaving either this July or next ( seem to think its this July -will ask him tomorrow if i see him)-anyone could move in and may not like cats -so it will have to be done and may as well get it sorted now !
I don''t know what cost will be -  will have to plough through it somehow and sell a few things if necessary and get what i can and then a bit more at a time.
The bottom fence is actually 4 foot ( measured it today -so will be sorting that out too .) thinking of wooden panels for the bottom ( taking the wire up thats there and putting that above the wood to get the height to 6 foot !?- don''t want to take away the view too much at the bottom .

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2008, 02:36:00 AM »
Hi Gill,

I'm delighted to read that you haven't been daunted by my e-mail to you last night explaining about the problem with the height of the fence that divides your garden from your neighbour's.  And you have even been onto your brother to discuss the installation.  I'm well impressed!  It looks like Phoebe is on her way! ;D

I'll wait to hear from you re the fence panels.  You could go for the same chainlink fencing but increase the height to 1.8m (6ft) ...our system works well with chainlink...or you could have some new wooden panels fitted.  Either way, it will work just fine.  I was just worried that the whole thing would work out so expensive for you.

I'll follow Phoebe's progress (towards Lincoln) with interest.

Best wishes,

Roz

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2008, 01:14:24 AM »
 :happy dance:  That's brilliant, I am sooooo pleased  :)

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2008, 01:13:08 AM »
Looks that way ! ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2008, 01:09:50 AM »
Does that mean you'll be wanting a homecheck soon  :naughty:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2008, 01:08:50 AM »
Must admit -the old guy has been great -wish he wasn''t going - never heard him , rarely saw him and he didn;t give a dam if Winston went in the garden ( or me fetching him back either  :naughty: )
Anyone could move in when it goes up for sale though -so might put fencing panels down and block it off alltogether .
Maybe half and half at the bottom as the view is so good and wouldn''t want to block that out completely .

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2008, 00:58:18 AM »
That's fab news about the garden, you've made my day  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

So sorry to read about Beanie , Dawn - bet you are gutted and angry ! :(

Thanks, Beanie really got to me the moment I saw her, I feel gutted but hopefully she won't have died in vain.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2008, 00:40:41 AM »
Hi ,
Had a busy day - but have spoken to my brother and he says " he is quite capable of cat -proofing my garden for me " !
I am not sure which way to go at the moment -solid fencing panels -or have seen a 6 foot high roll of strong wire fencing -similar to whats already there - thought we could double up halfway down or something and do the bendy bit at the top to stop them climbing ( although i doubt they will ) i only see Winston jump onto the posts to get over ,he doesnt jump on the wire as its bendy !
The other is to get fence panels and the put mesh wire or trellis stuff on top .
Will be checking out prices tomorrow .
The old guy next door (house not detached to mine though ) might be moving out in July as he retires and going back home down south ( not sure if its this July or next year)
The house will be done up and sold then -so will get that done now anyway -don''t know who will move in !?
Will try and get something i can either sell or take with me when i eventually move - could be 3-4 years away -depending when i get offered somwhere .
So, in short - yes i will be cat -proofing the garden .
The fields at the bottom iof my garden i  found out today are going to have some trees planted in them and a lake ,sometime in the next 2 years !!!

So sorry to read about Beanie , Dawn - bet you are gutted and angry ! :(

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2008, 01:12:18 AM »
Awww I love that piccie and I want one of those houses  ;D  Phoebe is absolutely fine, and seems to have settled in a treat.  She's got a little heated bed which she absolutely loves and she's eating a lot better now as well  :Luv:  :Luv:

Here's the piccie of Winston so everyone can see how gorgeous he looks with his little house  :Luv:  :Luv:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat