Author Topic: bunglycats new baby  (Read 33314 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: bunglycats new baby
« Reply #168 on: September 22, 2008, 22:14:38 PM »
FiFi is gorgeous and pleased things are going well  ;D

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #167 on: September 21, 2008, 18:36:37 PM »
Just thought i would let everyone know that Phoebe - now Madame FiFi !!- is very settled and everything is fine now.
Winston has stopped swearing at her and i think Smartie lurves her !!!   :Luv2: :Luv2:  I have found them sleeping on the bench together on a few occasions and last night she lay in front of the fire with him -and Smartie NEVER shares the fire spot !!!
She is getting better at letting me clean her eyes and not been overly bad at letting me groom her - she is a pretty good girl really and sooooooo beautiful ! :Luv2: :Luv2:
So, i consider i have been very lucky they are all now fairly well integrated together .

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #166 on: August 14, 2008, 08:21:54 AM »
glad things are settling down slowly - they are so conservative aren't they  :evillaugh:

maybe send Dawn a stamped addressed envelope, she isn't on the board a lot at the moment so may not see your message

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #165 on: August 14, 2008, 00:59:00 AM »
Just a quick update -up to now there has been no major problems !
Winston and Phoebe can swear for England though and Sophie can spit forever - but Smartie bless him and Bungly have been as good as gold and just give Phoebe ( Fee,Fee ) the occasional quick look and then carry on.
She still likes her own room and goes back in when she has had enough - was going to post a pic i took -but its too big and i can''t resize it ! Done it - i think!

Dawn, please put her vaccination certificate in the post when you get a chance .

« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 01:14:40 AM by bunglycat »

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #164 on: August 03, 2008, 16:07:17 PM »
Thanks Dawn, just need vaccinating certificate posting when you get a minute.
Wormed her yesteday without too much trouble - that was a suprise as she isn''t keen on having much done !!
She hasn''t done a lot - i think she is still settling in -she eats and sleeps and comes a bit livelier at night and has a play.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #163 on: August 03, 2008, 16:04:03 PM »
She was frontlined roughly at the end of May.  As far as the wet food, she mainly ate the dry whilst she was with me, her owner said she would eat anything but that's what she seemed to prefer, I wouldn't worry about her not eating the wet food, some prefer dry and others prefer wet.  Glad she's settling in okay  :Luv2:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #162 on: August 03, 2008, 15:20:39 PM »
Just a quick update Phoebe is doing okay - been taking it easy on contact with the others , but so far ,no major problems :Luv2:
She isn''t keen on having her eyes cleaned and the only grooming she doesn''t mind is her head and chest !
Dawn, please can you let me know when she last had frontline on ( don''t want to do it too soon !) and also if she ate any wet food >
The only thing apart from her biscuits she has eaten has been some ham -which she loved - would like her to eat some wet food , but an idea woold be good if you have given her any .
Mine have Whiskers supermeat and Felix pouches , but she hasn''t liked any of them .
She mainly has the back bedroom to herself and i let her out for a few hours to look round , so will see how it carries on.

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #161 on: July 29, 2008, 17:13:24 PM »
Funny aren't they.  Skye loves a breeze and to be cool so we have to have a window open for her - even when its freezing cold.  Summer and Smartie love to lie in the Sun and hog the radiators (expecially in the kitchen where it gets megga hot).    Doesn't matter about me or hubby  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #160 on: July 29, 2008, 14:25:11 PM »
Well Smartie is a bit of a sun worshipper -upside down ,legs in the air and has  been in his heated bed until a week ago !!!  Will lay in front of the fire all night too when it starts getting cold -even though i dont always need it on myself - i have sat there in shorts before , so he could have the fire on !!
The others aren''t as bothered.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2008, 13:32:51 PM »
to persians tend to go a bit quiet in the hot weather?  can't really blame them I suppose, my mil had a blue one but he was a sun bather (she lives in Italy) and he used to lie on the roof terrace in 40 degrees!

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #158 on: July 28, 2008, 20:31:43 PM »
Well ,in all honesty she hasn''t been overly bothered about going out !?
She has been in the garden in a pen most of last week and i left the bedroom door open today and all she does is sleep !- must be the weather .
She has completely taken over my nice comfy computer chair and i am back to the hard wooden one !
She is asleep at present next to me with the fan gently blowing over her - Winston came in the room earlier and she didn''t even move.
I am sure there is plenty of mischief in her though - still to come no doubt !!!

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #157 on: July 28, 2008, 19:22:25 PM »
Just wondered how the lovely Phoebe is she settling in, has she 'tested' the catproofing yet? :rofl:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2008, 15:09:20 PM »
Yes, she loves a fuss and greets you when you go in the room.
Had a shock though -went in earlier and just opened the window slightly (its on a catch so can only be opened a few inches if necessary ) as it was hot in there .
Went back a few mins later and she had disappeared - i thought -no , impossible she cant have got through that small gap and all the way down from the bedroom onto the patio .
Couldn''t see her anywhere in the bedroom , called her - she came out backwards from down the side of the computer desk ( tiny gap about 4 inches !) -couldn''t believe it - thought she had vanished !!
Dawn, did you get message about flea stuff and vaccination certificate .?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 15:09:48 PM by bunglycat »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2008, 15:00:34 PM »
the rugby club - she's probably withdrawing from beer!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2008, 14:55:31 PM »
I'm sure she'll have you trained in no time  :evillaugh:  She is a little sweetheart but will need time to settle.  The problem being where she came from, she spent a lot of time outdoors doing her own thing which hasn't helped matters, I think she spent a lot of her time at the Rugby Club and also the Bingo Hall and went visiting different people bless her.  She does enjoy her fusses and I'm sure she'll settle  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2008, 14:46:09 PM »
bless her, still its early days, she'll be one of the family before you know it!

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2008, 14:44:55 PM »
Hi,
Well, she only arrived on Monday evening.
She had a bath Tuesday ! she was actually pretty good and got a bowl of ham for being a good girl.
She doesn''t like you doing anything to her -from being picked up -to cleaning her  eyes and as for combing  :shocked: not at all  and she has a fair few knots in what bit of hair she has.
Apart from that she is fine , eating etc .
She didn't like the pen at all ,so she has the back bedroom to herself at present , she is in the pen in the garden at the moment which she doesn''t mind too much as she is outside and the others can see her.
She has been a bit hissy and swearing to them through the pen , so will just taker it easy and see how it goes.
She is beautiful -but bossy !!!! Obviously been left to her own devices too long with not enough attention and hands on .

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2008, 14:04:19 PM »
how is phoebe settling in Bungly??

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #150 on: July 04, 2008, 14:37:25 PM »
Thankyou for thatDawn .
She really is gorgeous.
Looking forward to seeing  her very soon, hope the tribe take to her :scared:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #149 on: July 04, 2008, 12:42:29 PM »
she is lovely, I'm sure she'll be very happy

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #148 on: July 04, 2008, 12:40:15 PM »
Shes gorgeous!!!!!!! :Luv2:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #147 on: July 04, 2008, 02:46:07 AM »
I second that...beautiful marking/colouring!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #146 on: July 04, 2008, 02:30:16 AM »
I know I am the wrong Gill but she is gorgeous  ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #145 on: July 04, 2008, 00:38:54 AM »
Hopefully Phoebe will be making her way to Lincoln the week after next, this is on condition she doesn't plan any more escapes until she is safely behind cat proofing  :sneaky:  Here's a pic taken of her tonight especially for Gill  :Luv:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #144 on: June 18, 2008, 10:52:01 AM »
That is wonderfull news, i am sure Phoebe will be very happy in her new home. :hug:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2008, 15:55:14 PM »
Brilliant news Bungly, im sure Phoebe will be very happy with you x
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2008, 08:35:14 AM »
fanstastic news bungly!!!

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2008, 22:08:04 PM »
I think Winston is all talk really  :rofl:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2008, 22:01:38 PM »
I've got a couple of big lads but both soft lumps especially Billy  ;)  Billy is even scared of Becky and she's like a rat on stilts  :evillaugh:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2008, 21:56:16 PM »
Hey, she hasn''t seen the size of Winston yet !- let alone the other 3  :rofl: :rofl:
She may turn round and prefer Dawns cats !! ;D

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2008, 20:32:16 PM »
It must be daunting living with a large number of cats, your 4 should be alot less scary

Oi, my cats are all loveable and gorgeous, they're not scary  :sneaky:  ;)

En masse it must be a shock  :scared: :scared: :rofl:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2008, 09:17:18 AM »
Oh thats great news , I know Dawn really wanted you to have her! :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2008, 23:50:59 PM »
 :rofl:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2008, 23:46:43 PM »
It must be daunting living with a large number of cats, your 4 should be alot less scary

Oi, my cats are all loveable and gorgeous, they're not scary  :sneaky:  ;)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2008, 23:25:19 PM »
Great news  ;D

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #133 on: June 14, 2008, 20:25:50 PM »

Cant wait for pics of fencing  :wow:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #132 on: June 14, 2008, 20:15:23 PM »
A revival here now !
Looks like Phoebe will be coming to me after all :yayyy: :yayyy:
Had the fencing all finished now too ( will post pics later on when i get time)

Thats brilliant news  :wow: I'm sure Pheobe will be fine with yours once settled in. Looking forward to seeing pics of the fencing - and Pheobe of course!  :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #131 on: June 14, 2008, 19:54:37 PM »
A revival here now !
Looks like Phoebe will be coming to me after all :yayyy: :yayyy:
Had the fencing all finished now too ( will post pics later on when i get time)
Dawn thinks she should be ok and maybe its because she doesnt have her own space at Dawns and thats why she is crabby with her cats .
Finfers crossed now she should be here in another week or so when Dawn has time to bring her over nd see my place.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #130 on: June 03, 2008, 14:55:51 PM »
When i first went to get Winston - i did ask the man if he was ok with other cats and he said "oh yes ,he''s fine" the little boy piped up "no he isn''t dad , he beats them all up !!".
I just did the intros very gradually and yes , they didn''t get on for a long while .
When i let him outside , he would sit in the field and any cat that dare approach my house within 100 yards , he went after them and i caught him fighting ( and heard him , he has a distinctive voice !) on several occasions .
He is now 10 years old and i haven''t seen him do this for a few years now - and he gets on great with the others too .
He still doesn''t like it if a cat comes too close to the house , but he just stares at them now , but doesn''t bother giving chase.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #129 on: June 03, 2008, 12:42:34 PM »
I adopted a 15 year old persian, Milly, whose owner couldnt cope with the fact that she was beating up her other two cats. Well, she took a good year to settle in with all my lot (I think I had 11 or so at the time) and she would lash out anytime any of them dared to walk past her - I was always on hand to divert the behaviour, although the others didnt seem particularly bothered by her - they used to give her a sort of a 'yeh, whatever' look LOL!. She eventually settled in completely and would curl up and sleep with the others quite happily, in fact she would seek them out, especially Joe as she'd formed quite a bond with him. She was 19 when she died and Joe was bereft for a while and kept curling up behind the settee in the exact spot she'd taken to sleeping in when she became ill.

So it is possible for a cat that appears to not like other cats to settle in well with a group, as long as the intros are done carefully, it can just take time.

Link to CatChat