Author Topic: Female cat in Sheffield in free ads  (Read 22249 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Female cat in Sheffield in free ads
« Reply #147 on: May 23, 2008, 22:04:00 PM »
 :Luv: Ahhh, really hope Amelia gets the loving home she deserves.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #146 on: May 23, 2008, 12:33:44 PM »
Hope that Amelia finds a good home and it works out well with this retired couple - sending positive vibes to you and to Amelia    :hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #145 on: May 23, 2008, 11:59:56 AM »
I would love to keep her Dawn but if the right home comes along, she can go  :Luv:  I couldn't have her spayed straight away, she was extremely underweight and not 100%, I also wanted her to come into season first as this is a good indicator of her general health.  She was in season when Lainey was over, I got her booked in for when she had finished and she came in again  :tired:  Her op went well yesterday anyway and I have sort of mentioned her to a lovely semi retired couple who are looking for an indoor babe  ;)  Amelia would be perfect as she's very quiet natured and would be very happy indoors, we'll see what happens  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2008, 11:52:49 AM »
is she staying with you Dawn?  Don't know why but I thought she had been rehomed???

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #143 on: May 23, 2008, 11:51:08 AM »
The gorgeous Amelia was finally spayed yesterday  :Luv:  We had to delay it a couple of times due to her coming into season twice in 4 weeks  :tired:  She was also booked in last week but it was discovered she had a raging case of Cystitis so Sean cancelled and he put her on antibiotics, and luckily this week she's been fine.  She is still tiny and only weighs 2 kgs but at least now she has no raging hormones and her body can settle down  :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #142 on: April 04, 2008, 19:57:03 PM »
She is such a babe, one that has definitely wormed her way in  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #141 on: April 04, 2008, 19:20:52 PM »
Awww, she's so sweet.  :Luv: Bless her, she looks so nosey!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2008, 18:47:04 PM »
Amelia is absolutely fine  :Luv:  She hasn't been spayed as yet as she's still tiny and I really want her to put some weight on.  She wasn't too good a few weeks ago and I was really concerned but she's eating well again now and is a real fuss pot  :Luv:  :Luv:  Sasha is also a lot better in herself, whilst on the phone to Candice the other night, she climbed on my knee for the first time ever  ;D  I was really pleased as she's settling down brilliantly now, she's even started following me into the kitchen and having the odd meow.    She's finally getting rid of her snuffles, had a lot of problems with her eyes but again, these are much improved now and she doesn't have as much crap coming out of them.  It will be a few weeks before she will be up for rehoming as I want her 100%, she's a little on the skinny side but I'm sure she'll start filling out soon.

Here's a piccie of Amelia I took a couple of weeks ago, not brilliant but she's a little cutie all the same  :Luv2:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2008, 17:10:33 PM »
Dawn, just wondering how Amelia is getting on? :)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #138 on: March 12, 2008, 11:12:28 AM »
I didn't dare ask!  ;)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2008, 00:17:14 AM »
One of my friends asked me this evening if she was stopping here  :innocent:  :evillaugh:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2008, 00:14:12 AM »
Amelia is getting a little more confidant now and I fall more and more in love with her every day  :Luv:  :Luv:

Do you know, I had a feeling she was one of the cats that could do that - get her paws under the table really quickly! (Hence my offer of being a stopover worrying my partner!)

Good luck at the vets Amelia. :) Hope Sasha gets well soon.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #135 on: March 11, 2008, 18:41:52 PM »
Sending best luck to Amelia for tomorrow , hopefully she will start uttingsome weight on after spaying. :hug: :hug:

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #134 on: March 11, 2008, 16:51:49 PM »
Good luck to Amelia at the vets!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #133 on: March 11, 2008, 16:48:45 PM »
Amelia is getting a little more confidant now and I fall more and more in love with her every day  :Luv:  :Luv:  She's in for spaying tomorrow so wish her all the best, I hope she won't be too frightened bless her  :(  Sasha is still snuffly and she's on antibiotics now, she's a grumpy little minx but all mouth and no nastiness  ;)  I did catch her scraping her bum on the floor and she was riddled with worms  :sick:  She also had a runny bum but that seems to be easing off now, thank god  :sick:  Once she's 100%, she will be vaccinated as I never got a straight answer about this and I have a funny feeling she isn't.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #132 on: March 07, 2008, 22:53:15 PM »
Awww i am so glad Amelia is doing well and i am sure she will put some weight on soon with you looking after her. :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #131 on: March 07, 2008, 22:11:52 PM »
I knew she was a sweetie as soon as I saw her picture. :) Glad they're both doing well.

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2008, 17:45:31 PM »
So glad these two are doing well.

And pictures please when you get the chance!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2008, 16:00:19 PM »
Just a quick update, Amelia I am totally in love with, she's a little babe and is soooo sweet bless her.  I've got her booked in to be spayed next Wednesday but she will be checked beforehand as she's very skinny.  Sasha is settling down now, she is quite snuffly but I think this is down to the stress of moving and the fact she had a bath before we picked her up.  I feel personally that Sasha would be fine rehomed on her own but until she's 100%, I can't really tell.   Her and Amelia aren't close or anything so I'd be happy for Amelia to go with another one of mine for rehoming and preferably where there were no young children, she's very shy bless her so a home with rowdy youngsters may not suit her.  I will try and take some piccies when I get chance  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #128 on: March 01, 2008, 19:23:12 PM »
But do you think she is pregnant again? I hope not.

Also how is gorgeous Peony? Can we have some more picture of her and Fredie please. ;) Only when you have time. :thanks: :hug: :hug:

I don't think she is Pav or at least I hope not, she is very tiny and needs building up but I'll take her in for a check up in the next week or so to see if she's up to being spayed.  Peony is still as gorgeous as ever, quite verbal when it comes to wanting food but hasn't really put any weight on, this could be down to her age though as she's fine in herself, I'll take some piccies as soon as I get chance  :hug:  :hug:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #127 on: February 29, 2008, 12:39:17 PM »
I'm glad they're both settling in well  ;D

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2008, 17:30:34 PM »
Glad they're both doing well, Dawn. :) But I had no doubt they would be with you caring for them.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2008, 15:39:48 PM »
But do you think she is pregnant again? I hope not.

Also how is gorgeous Peony? Can we have some more picture of her and Fredie please. ;) Only when you have time. :thanks: :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2008, 13:58:32 PM »
Amelia is absolutely fine, she was really nervous to start but is a little fusspot now, Sasha is still a little growly but does enjoy her fusses especially under her chin  :Luv:  :Luv:  I've discovered they absolutely love sardines in tomato sauce, I had to use it as a little tempter as they weren't eating too well but it must be so stressful for them.  They are both eating well now though, so I'm sure Amelia will soon fatten up  :)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2008, 13:44:23 PM »
Dawn, how is little Amelia doing? :hug:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2008, 17:55:00 PM »
So glad you have got them both. If you phone her get her to keep that torti in, if she gets hit by a car but babies can survive is she gonna want to be handrearing, i think not.
Well done for biting your tongues!

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2008, 15:15:54 PM »
how far is it - I have a reason for knowing!!! 

On a completely rough guess with the help of google maps.

101 mi – about 1 hour 46 mins

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2008, 14:58:06 PM »
how far is it - I have a reason for knowing!!! 

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2008, 14:26:47 PM »
I kept thinking maybe Dawn needs a foster mom here in Leeds!
Are you offering  :evillaugh:

If you're willing to drive this far!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2008, 13:39:48 PM »

Are you offering  :evillaugh:

Amelia is adorable, but she's tiny, underweight and in poor condition. 

You can tell looking at her eyes she's not 100% bless her  :(

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2008, 13:05:47 PM »
Amelia is adorable, but she's tiny, underweight and in poor condition.  She'll certainly benefit from some TLC.  Sasha is cuter than she looks in the photo, if you get what I mean!

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2008, 12:37:26 PM »
It's a good job Amelia didn't stay here, even for a week.  :Luv: I'd have been soooooo tempted to keep her and I really can't afford another cat. :scared:

Being black & white I could have passed Ameila off as my fosterer Harley and the husband wouldn't have noticed for a few days ;)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #115 on: February 26, 2008, 12:31:58 PM »
Thank you guys, so much.  :hug: I know some people are naive about things like spaying and we've all made mistakes but really, one look on the freeads should tell you how bad the overpopulation issue is with cats!

It's a good job Amelia didn't stay here, even for a week.  :Luv: I'd have been soooooo tempted to keep her and I really can't afford another cat. :scared:

Big fusses to both of them and Susanne and Dawn - you two are brill! :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2008, 12:15:07 PM »
I keep putting Bengal in abbreviations as to myself and Susanne, she looked just like a moggy  :shy:

Definitely not a pedigree Bengal imo.  May be a Bengal mix.

She did seem to care about the cats and recognised that the little black and white girl would benefit from being spayed as she didn't handle pregnancy and birth well, but on the other hand she was letting them all go outside unspayed.  So even if she had a pedigree cat it would probably end up mating with a local tom cat.  The 'bengal' definitely looked pregnant.  She was quite likeable and showed us lots of pictures of cats and kittens she'd had, but it definitely seemed to be something she was doing to earn money and not for love of the cats or a particular breed.  She didn't seem to have had them any for long so seems to buy them or acquire them from somewhere then either sells them on or lets them have kittens that she can sell.   The Persian was a cat she'd got from a friend quite recently as a pet, and she had been spayed and microchipped before she got her.  She seemed to have all the paperwork that you get with a pedigree cat, including care guides (there are standard templates on GCCF website that most breeders use) and I'd guess that somewhere in there would be a clause about returning the cat to a breeder if she couldn't keep it anymore.  I don't think she'd ever read it through as when she was handing it over she noticed a paragraph that stipulated the cat should be spayed (which she had been by the previous owner) and seemed confused as to why that would be required.  But overall, she was definitely misguided and just not very knowledgeable rather than out and out bad.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2008, 11:59:07 AM »
It was a little awkward saying anything without dropping myself in it.  I told her we'd recently lost our cat and Amelia was the double so just wanted another cat, with Sasha, I said my friend was looking for a Persian and that's who we were getting her for  :innocent:  I will try and have a chat to her and see if the tortie can be sorted out at least.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2008, 11:55:33 AM »
its true that ignorance is to blame a lot of the time, I know from my own point of view I've changed my mind about a lot of things since seeing what people on here do - hope you manage to get through to her

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2008, 11:52:19 AM »
I think the way she is, is more down to her naivety rather than not caring.  She did come across as being nice and gave me some care sheets for Sasha and said if there's any problems to get in touch.  She is also fairly young which we've all been at some stage, and until you come on a forum like this or get involved in rescue, I don't think you realise some of the things people do are just wrong.  I think with some people, it's down to educating rather than having a go.  I had to bite my tongue a few times, she rehomes kittens from 6 weeks and I told her I was going to get a kitten but my vet had said they should be minimum 8 weeks, her response was it depends on how the mum is with them and if they are eating but she's not had any problems rehoming at that age  :brick:  :brick:  I think I will phone her in a few days and explain I do rescue, and try and point out the error of her ways  ;)

is she not breeding pedigrees then?  I can't understand how her mind works??? :Crazy:

I'm not sure Dawn, she has a heavily pregnant tortie but sadly she must have been out as we didn't get to see her.  I think she just breeds for the sake of it.  I asked if she brings a stud cat in and she said you can but you can take the queen to them and sometimes it's easier, but then when she let the "Bengal" out, she explained that she'd disappeared for a while and she's obviously been caught  :sneaky:  She was also showing us photo's so she's had quite a few kittens, and she also had a couple of BSH's at some stage but sold them.  I think at the moment she just has the Tortie and the "Bengal".  I keep putting Bengal in abbreviations as to myself and Susanne, she looked just like a moggy  :shy:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2008, 11:36:46 AM »
is she not breeding pedigrees then?  I can't understand how her mind works??? :Crazy:

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2008, 11:34:52 AM »
If this woman has a Bengal and lets her roam to get pregnant by any Tom Dick or Harry - does she really care??? :-:

Poor girl. I hope someone thinks she a stray and takes her in.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2008, 10:53:59 AM »
Both girls are utterly gorgeous and more so in the flesh  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv:  I'm just hoping Amelia isn't pregnant again as it's been 3 months since her last litter.   It was apparent the girls did go out as the "Bengal" has been on her jaunts for a while and has only recently gone home a few weeks pregnant by the looks of it  >:(  Sasha's colouring is classed as Black Pewter, the pic really doesn't do her justice but once they've settled, I'll try and get some better ones  :Luv:

Amelia, is lovely :Luv: :Luv:, bless her.Phoebe and Boy are sending their whole week pocket money for her . :wow:

Amelia sends loving headbutts and purrs to the gorgeous Boy and Phoebe  :ahh:

I've not recovered from the journey yet, my head is banging and I've now got to get Cleo in to see Sean  :tired:  I'm not sure if Smudge has whacked her in the eye but when I came in last night, it was really swollen  :(  I bathed it and put some cream in it but it still looks bad.  We've just had the Subsidence Engineer out again about the wall so as soon as he disappears, I'll get her in.

Link to CatChat