Author Topic: Beanie - Heartbreaking news  (Read 33434 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Oriental Siamese - Beanie is desperate for a home
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2008, 12:44:50 PM »
Great that she is being looked after - hopefully they can feed her the special diet to see if it improves her problem.

btw, Alice started on the eagle pack today and loves it!

I also love one-eyed Finglepuss on posh puss  :Luv2:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2008, 12:12:25 PM »
Hurrah! Well done, Dawn. :) Huge fuss to Beanie from me via Paul too, please!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2008, 11:44:52 AM »
DD I think Beanie has got to us all, those ears are just  :Luv: :Luv: I love her and I never met her.

I am so happy for this little one, I know all of wanted her and would of had her if we could (then there'd be a mass brawl  :evillaugh: ). Whoever takes this little lass is one lucky person.

Good Lucky little lady and be picky who you choose as your new Mummy & Daddy. xxxxxxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2008, 11:39:22 AM »
Here's one advert for Beanie at Posh Puss Rescue who have been good enough to put her on their rehoming page  :Luv:

http://beehive.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/default.asp?WCI=SiteHome&ID=15106&PageID=96401

:hug: you are such a softie xx
xxx

Don't tell everyone, I've got my reputation to keep  ;)

Offline Jackie D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2008, 11:33:56 AM »
 :hug: you are such a softie xx I just read this to John and we now both have tears in our eyes and a great big lump in our throats :rofl:

I'm off to work!!! at least at work I don't have my heart tugged at  :rofl: :rofl:

Simba and Coco send big purrs and friendly head buts to everyone :hug: and especially their aunty Dawns
xxx

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2008, 11:22:05 AM »
I will keep everyone posted when I hear anything, Paul will be keeping in touch with the rescue and updating me as well.  This little girl really got to me and I'd like to know if/when she gets a home.  It would have been lovely to get her in a home environment but this way, she has got a chance which is more than she had before.

sorry I couldn't have you :'(

xx

Jackie, I'm sure if you could have helped, you would  :hug: Simba and Coco have to come first, and when I asked you, I knew I was asking a lot.  Without myself, Dawn's and your involvement, Simba and Coco would not be here now so you should be proud of yourself for what you have done so far  :hug:

Offline Jackie D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2008, 11:16:10 AM »
 :Luv: GOOD LUCK Beanie little babie ;D

sorry I couldn't have you :'(

xx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2008, 11:15:29 AM »
great news, let us know if you hear more

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2008, 11:13:43 AM »
Fantastic news for this gorgeous girl being that she doesn't have to go back to the breeder  :briggin:  She has been offered a place at a rescue that deals with Orientals, Siamese, Bengals etc and I think it's based in Brighton but I'll find out later, Paul did tell me but my head is scrambled today  :Crazy:  It sounds a fab place, they never put them to sleep and do have a good record for rehoming and they are loved and well looked after.  I'm so relieved that a better outcome for this little one is on the cards rather than what might have been  :Luv:  I wish her all the very best and pray that she'll get the loving home she deserves  :Luv2:  :Luv2:

Thanks again everyone  :hug:

DD if you meet this little lady give her a GIANT  :hug: from me xxxxxx

Gail, I don't think I'll get to meet her which is probably a good thing really, but I will ask Paul to give her a GIANT hug from all of us  :hug:

DD you are an amazing person and much in my thoughts at the moment. Keeping everything crossed for a happy outcome for Beanie

Thanks, I honestly didn't think we were going to pull this off but I'm glad we didn't give up  :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 11:14:59 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2008, 09:52:42 AM »
DD you are an amazing person and much in my thoughts at the moment. Keeping everything crossed for a happy outcome for Beanie

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2008, 08:51:27 AM »
DD if you meet this little lady give her a GIANT  :hug: from me xxxxxx

Offline Jackie D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2008, 08:22:29 AM »
 :hug: aw bless you.  You always do your best and 100% more besides...well done you.  This is a much better option than going back to the breeder isn't it?.  Good luck honey :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2008, 23:24:55 PM »
I put the plea out in the early hours of this morning and I've had a fantastic response regarding advice, a few numbers to contact and possibly a couple of offers of giving her a placement.  I feel a lot more optimistic now about Beanie's outcome, I felt so down about it last night and this morning but I think she'll be okay.  Thanks to everyone for their support and pm's, I really appreciate it  :hug:   It's very easy to get bogged down when doing rescue, and I make the mistake of getting too emotionally involved but I'm hoping all the stress will have been worth it if Beanie gets a fab home out of it.  A couple of rescues have offered help, and I know this isn't ideal but she will be safe and loved and I'm happy with that.  Her owner is going to contact everyone tomorrow and suss out the best options for her and hopefully between us, we'll find the perfect solution  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2008, 09:08:58 AM »
I think we all feel bad about most of them!  I have also been thinking of wipeable places I could keep this little one!   but realistically the fact that I have just about sorted out the tension that exists between star and amber I'm just not in the market for another cat much as I would love one, I just can't risk tipping Star over the edge again (I would have put myself forward for Vita weeks ago anyway!!) - good luck DD, you are an angel for trying

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2008, 22:33:16 PM »
Dawn I wasn't trying to make you feel bad (sorry if you misunderstood my post) ... I know you aren't trying to make anyone feel guilty.  It was just that I think we all tried to persuade Jackie then Gail posted that it was a shame J & J couldn't help and I thin poor Jackie was starting to feeling guilty.

I really wish I could offer some assistance with this little one but unfortuantely I'm too far away and I don't think living with Zephyr would do the poor little thing any favours :( Combined with the fact I'm due to go on holiday in 3 weeks I really can't help out.

I even asked my Mum (a hard core siamese fan) if she would consider taking her but Mum does not think it fair on Chloe (Mum's burmese) to introduce a new kitty so soon after losing her sister Lucy.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2008, 22:29:10 PM »
And as I told you, you have nothing to feel guilty about, I am as much to blame that she has to go back as you are and neither of us are to blame in fact.  Big :hug: :hug: to you, make sure you get some sleep after your crap evening and I will speak to you tomorrow. :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2008, 22:24:54 PM »
Sadly plan B has fallen through,  it was a long shot anyway but still very upsetting all the same.  I'm going to put a plea out for this little girl but sadly that's all I can do, if that doesn't work she will have to go back to the breeder  :'(  :'(  And before anyone says I am trying to make people feel guilty, this is the last thing I want, I have just sat in tears over this cat so if anyone feels guilty about not being able to help her, it's me.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2008, 20:58:56 PM »
I'm not making Jackie feel guilty or I hope I'm not, I can 100% understand her and John's decision, I would probably do the same in their situation.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2008, 19:51:05 PM »
STOP trying to make Jackie feel guilty about this .... it's not fair on Coco and Simba or Jackie and John!
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Jackie D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2008, 19:19:15 PM »
Oh hell girlies I feel like POO reading this :'(

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2008, 11:41:21 AM »
Not as yet Gail, cats with tummy probs are pretty hard to home   :(

:( :( I really feel for this one. DD I was married to paul then I'd take her, the others would have to get used to it. but i won't even ask Paul, I know what he would say before I finished asking. >:(

Zebedee had a poorly bum till his was one, Bengals do sufffer with their tums when babies. Maybe Orientals do to, maybe it is stress. I know stress and diet can cause IBS in humans maybe it is the same for Felines.

DD I feel so angry inside - I want help her but I cant take her and it is hurting me. I wish Jackie could have her, but you've been down that road  :(  .

How about Roz of secure-a -cat??? -

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2008, 11:10:56 AM »
Not as yet Gail, cats with tummy probs are pretty hard to home   :(

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2008, 10:51:45 AM »
Any news on this little girl?  - I keep looking at ther photo and my heart skips, she is such a lovley little thing. I so hope she finds somewhere safe and loving.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2008, 15:43:36 PM »
Mine too as well Gail, this is why I'm trying to concentrate on getting her a home or working out a way for them to keep her.

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2008, 15:42:16 PM »
My heart aches for this little girl  :( and the ginger twins  :( :(

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2008, 15:38:51 PM »
DD I feel total poo, as my home is the purrfect home. All the love and access to a safe catproofed garden. Paul wont allow and neither would Zubin. BUT if there was no Paul, Zubin would have to get used to it. I'm sure she and Thai would get on great. I want but my head has to rule.  >:( >:( :( :( :( :(

I know you would have also had the perfect home for her Gail, but these things can't be helped   :(  You never know, a miracle may happen with the cat food  :hug:

I didn't realise he had others!  So she doesn't have to be an only then

He also has 2 BSH's which were ex breeding queens and yes, she's fine with others.  Sometimes they are shut out into the hall if Beanie is leaving her marks so as not to make her feel unloved, the others are shut out too so really it's affecting all of them.  He did say though if they go out, now and again she will have been in the bedroom and left marks on their bed so it's not as if they are always isolated from the rest of the house, I think it's just in short spurts. 
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 15:42:16 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2008, 15:35:15 PM »
I didn't realise he had others!  So she doesn't have to be an only then

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2008, 15:22:24 PM »
He said she's quite a confidant cat, if the other two he's got go to bop her, she'll just carry on regardless, he classes her as bomb proof which is quite unusual in a Siamese.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2008, 15:18:30 PM »
I hope a couple of days will be enough, although it depends how nervous she is and what the lodgers are like - poor girl

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2008, 15:09:49 PM »
Voucher for £3.00 off and a sample of Eagle pack. Sorry if this has been posted, my PC is spazzing out!

This is the same place JS, the lady said they used to do samples but they've stopped doing them now  :sneaky:  I think Thursday is the earliest he'll get it even if I knew someone who used it, apparently it works pretty quick from what the lady said so hopefully it will work on Beanie, lets hope so anyway and then she'll still have her home  :hug:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 15:10:12 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2008, 15:03:48 PM »
Why is the deadline this weekend? - they didn't give a lot of notice  :-:

This is when the lodgers will arrive.

Paul checked out the pet store and as you said Mark, they didn't stock it but he has phoned Postal Pet foods and he'll get it on Thursday  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2008, 13:52:21 PM »
poor Beanie, I hope she gets sorted soon

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2008, 12:28:41 PM »
Poor Beanie, she's such a sweet looking thing.

http://www.dfordog.com/food_food.htm

Voucher for £3.00 off and a sample of Eagle pack. Sorry if this has been posted, my PC is spazzing out!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 13:24:01 PM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2008, 12:19:29 PM »
Why is the deadline this weekend? - they didn't give a lot of notice  :-:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2008, 12:18:52 PM »
Does she need an enclosed garden, i suspect this one is just a modern terrace garden with free access.

She has always been an indoor cat and with her breed, I would be worried about her having free access in case someone gets it in their head to steal her.  Also, with her tummy issues, free access wouldn't be such a good idea in case she gets access to food she shouldn't have.

DD I feel total poo, as my home is the purrfect home. All the love and access to a safe catproofed garden. Paul wont allow and neither would Zubin. BUT if there was no Paul, Zubin would have to get used to it. I'm sure she and Thai would get on great. I want but my head has to rule.  >:( >:( :( :( :( :(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2008, 12:07:03 PM »
I have been searching - I even looked on the American site and they give postalproducts as the UK distributor  :tired:

http://www.reptilica.co.uk/index.php are like zooplus, based in Germany or something -

Unless one of your contacts has some and could loan? (longshot I know)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 12:09:57 PM by Mark »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2008, 11:52:01 AM »
I have just been informed that all the deliveries have gone out for today, so the earliest he could get it is Thursday  :censored: And they don't do sample packs  :tired:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2008, 11:42:59 AM »
I just want to give it a try, he may offer to pay but you know what peeps are like, he may leave it last minute and then he'll still rehome as it may take a couple of days to have an effect  :shy:  This way, I can get it to him asap  :tired:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2008, 11:40:33 AM »
Dawn, let me know what you are paying and I will send you paypal monies. :Luv:  Why are you paying anyway, what doesn't Paul pay? :shocked:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2008, 11:38:41 AM »
Thanks, it will have to be the starter pack as funds are a little tight at the mo  :tired:  i've emailed him for his address and then I'll give them a ring  :hug:

Link to CatChat