Author Topic: Introducing the gorgeous Vita  (Read 15685 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: Introducing the gorgeous Vita
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2008, 19:51:01 PM »
Vita went to her new home today, and what a fab new mummy and daddy she has  :Luv:  :Luv:  She didn't stop purring the whole time I was there and investigated every inch of the place  :evillaugh:  I have a funny feeling she is going to be very happy and will be centre of attention.  I was sad to see her go but I'm made up for her  :Luv:  Good luck in your new home sweetheart  :Luv2:  :Luv2:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2008, 17:41:42 PM »
I'm doing a homecheck for this gorgeous babe sometime next week  :yesss:  :yesss:

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2008, 20:05:18 PM »
Oh, I do hope success is just round the corner for Vita

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2008, 18:47:05 PM »
I may have someone interested in Vita, not spoke to the lady yet but she's sent me an email.  They are both retired and in most of the time so fingers crossed for this little lady  :wish:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2008, 17:03:55 PM »
It may help people think more about what the cat is not just its striking appearance among moggies. Its difficult to work out everybodys motives so a bigger price can be used to help make that decision.

The breed rescues iv looked at all have bigger donation requirements than non breed rescues, it seems fair to me.

I think with breeds such as bengals, meeses and orientals the potential owner just needs to know what they're about (in depth obv.). They're like having a totally different animal to your average dozy British (no offence Josh...).

Totally, i know siamese do my head in and you couldnt pay me to take one. I could never provide what it wants, i like a cat capable of existing without me   :evillaugh:

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2008, 15:52:27 PM »
Does it maybe just depend on the rescue

I think it does, I don't really set anything in stone until I've met the potential new "mummy and daddy".  I had no experience with Bengals until I got Benjy and Becky, I think these two would settle in anywhere and with anything, they are just 2 laid back kitties and extremely loveable, maybe an exception to the rule.  Vita on the other hand, I would say is a typical Bengal and really needs to be an only cat.  Now she's spayed, she may settle down but I really think she'd be happier on her own.  As far as charging, in my eyes, moggies and pedigrees are equal in the special stakes so I will be asking for a voluntary donation as I would normally.

Yep makes perfect sense, as long as they know what she will be like and the fact she needs to be the only cat, as was the case with my Bertie bless him. I was charged more than double the normal £30 donation cost as he was a pedigree and needed more care - they said. Fair enough, I was happy with that but with retrospect I realise they were chancing their luck cos of his good looks. Fair enough though, they do a hard enough job and he had been with them for a while - as he needed to live with no other cats so a lot of folk overlooked him. I hope it doesn't take too long for this pretty lady - she really is gorgeous - a real babe and I am sure she will be a pleasure to have to the lucky meowmy or daddy who gets her  :Luv2:
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2008, 02:00:19 AM »
Does it maybe just depend on the rescue

I think it does, I don't really set anything in stone until I've met the potential new "mummy and daddy".  I had no experience with Bengals until I got Benjy and Becky, I think these two would settle in anywhere and with anything, they are just 2 laid back kitties and extremely loveable, maybe an exception to the rule.  Vita on the other hand, I would say is a typical Bengal and really needs to be an only cat.  Now she's spayed, she may settle down but I really think she'd be happier on her own.  As far as charging, in my eyes, moggies and pedigrees are equal in the special stakes so I will be asking for a voluntary donation as I would normally.

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2008, 22:46:24 PM »
Both my persian and BSH are rescues. Mind you, apart from a little salon treatment they're not exactly the most demanding breeds ever...

I think with breeds such as bengals, meeses and orientals the potential owner just needs to know what they're about (in depth obv.). They're like having a totally different animal to your average dozy British (no offence Josh...). I adore them all but wouldn't have them because I work full time. Give Josh a cosy bed, a radiator and biscuits/water on tap and I don't think he'd feel the need to bother us slaves.

Naturally I dote on them when I get in so don't be worrying that I'm a bad meowmy!  ;)
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
« Reply #103 on: February 05, 2008, 21:09:15 PM »
Does it maybe just depend on the rescue - I was able to rehome my Balinese babe who def needed a lot of one on one and was very demandnig from the Edinburgh Cat protection League. I just had to pay double what they normally charge for re-homing cats because he was a pedigree...which I never quite worked out but hey  - he was a hundred times what I paid for the lovely time i had with him  :Luv2:
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #102 on: February 05, 2008, 18:33:23 PM »
I wouldn't rule out a home because they have never had experience of the breed, but I would prefer them to know what this particular breed is like.  Vita comes across as needing to be number one, so is a pretty head strong kind of girl, so if someone out there is prepared to pamper to her every whim, then I'd be more than happy to rehome to them.

MBll

« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2008, 17:12:16 PM »
getting her an experienced home 

Now how can someone get experience if the dont have the 'breed'............many rescues refuse to home a cat/dog cos someone didnt have the experience of that 'breed'.........i would think that you would need the cat/dog to get experience, your not going to get it any other way.

This has always puzzled me  :-:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #100 on: February 04, 2008, 21:11:36 PM »
Jan at Posh Puss Rescue has kindly put Vita on her site in the hope of getting her an experienced home  :Luv:

http://beehive.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/default.asp?WCI=SiteHome&ID=15106&PageID=96412

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2008, 23:12:57 PM »
Vita is recovering well from her spay apart from being a little grumpy  :sneaky:  Whilst she was in I had her blood tested for the Corona Virus, this has come back positive which I was expecting really.  I will be looking for an indoor home for her as an only cat because she really doesn't get on with others and I'm sure she'll be happier getting one to one attention.  She is absolutely gorgeous and I'm sure she'll really settle down when she gets somewhere she can call home  :Luv2:  :Luv2:

It's a shame really as Linda had offered to foster her for me but for obvious reasons, we don't want hers putting at risk and I'm not sure how she would cope with other "naughty Benglies"  ;)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2008, 08:29:12 AM »
this one vet I have only seen once because it was an emergency appointment (or so I thought lol!) but I won't use him again, he pulled her head back so hard her eyes went up into her head it was horrible

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2008, 18:48:57 PM »
Glad Vita has made it to the vets today Dawn  :)

Hopefully she will forgive you v soon  :evillaugh:

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2008, 17:15:59 PM »
are your vets rough with your bengals Gail, one of ours is very rough with Tilly like  he has to get in first, I avoid using him if I can when she had a blade of grass stuck in her throat he was horrible and when she purrs and rubs up by me they all say "that's very unlike a bengal" unfortunately she spoils it all by hissing!

NOoooooo - Paul who I like to see, either his friend or brother has 2 snow Bengals called Zola & Zenden, they are VERY fiesty, Liz another vet refuses to treat them, she says they'er yours you sort them  :evillaugh:.

Darren the other practise owner has a Bengal, so they know how to handle them, to be honest they (the bengals) are good when they go. Zeb is usually fiesty and no one but me can pick him up, but he is well behaved.

Zubin purrs like a flippin tiger, really loud and his big feet and toes are going like crazy. Zeb I think has lost his purr  :Luv: he only purrs when he has been out in the rain and we let him in.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2008, 17:13:35 PM »
If any vet were rough with any of mine, they wouldn't get a second chance to do it again  >:(  I will only use certain vets and if the one I don't like is on when I take mine in, I just won't see them.  I have one vet nurse trained in the other surgery, if I've got any booked in, she will ring me and let me know which vet turns up and if need be, my appointment is cancelled  ;)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2008, 16:56:58 PM »
are your vets rough with your bengals Gail, one of ours is very rough with Tilly like  he has to get in first, I avoid using him if I can when she had a blade of grass stuck in her throat he was horrible and when she purrs and rubs up by me they all say "that's very unlike a bengal" unfortunately she spoils it all by hissing!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2008, 16:55:45 PM »

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2008, 16:54:51 PM »
I'm embarressed when I walk in to the vet with Zebedee Boo, he lets out a loud WAOALLLLLlll to announce that he has arrived.  :-[ EVERYONE looks as we enter.  :-[

Zubin is in noisey in the car but other than that he is Ok. Thai, God bless her is quiet as a teeny mousie.

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2008, 16:17:15 PM »
who Sean or Alfie  :Luv2:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2008, 16:13:56 PM »
I think my worse one up to date for crying in the car is Alfie, he really sounds pitiful bless him.  I remember a few months ago when he had breathing problems, Sean drove him to the other surgery for me and he said he had to pull over and check him because he thought he was dying  :evillaugh:  He turned up to the surgery all stressed out and red faced  :innocent:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2008, 16:09:37 PM »
tbh tilly never shuts up in the car, when I took her home the first time it was 1 1/2 hours in the car and by the time I got home she had no nails left where she had tried to attacked the basket, they were literally bloody stumps I was so worried!  She also has "fiesty" on her record at the vets, she is a sweet heart with me but has bitten, scratched and growled her way through all the vets!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2008, 16:07:02 PM »
You wouldn't have loved her this morning on the way to the vets, she didn't shut up at all  :sneaky:  I told them to make sure she was still sedated when I picked her up so I could have a peaceful journey home  :evillaugh:

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2008, 16:04:54 PM »
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2008, 16:02:30 PM »
oh I LOVE this one!!!!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2008, 16:01:02 PM »
After weeks of having appointments made and then cancelled due to a  :censored:  vet being on, I phoned Sean on Friday to get her in and she has just returned from the vets after being spayed, she's not very impressed though  ;)

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2007, 14:22:43 PM »
How very true about mad hours 24/7 - when we got our bengal babies my sister said "I wouldnt pay all that money because at the end of the day they are just cats"  As soon as she met them she fell in love and said "I understand now"

They are so naughty but I cant get cross with them I just end up laughing at their antics and Mellika is so verbal, Im sure the neighbours must wonder what we have got indoors.
Have to say i am totally addicted to the Bengal breed.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2007, 13:19:44 PM »
and I the first time I heard Tilly squwarking  thought she was ill!!!

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2007, 13:17:53 PM »
Cats have a mad half hour.

Bengal's have a mad 24/7 hour. When Zubin has a quite minute I panic and remember Beau, just before he was diagnoised.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2007, 13:12:05 PM »
that's exactly right Gail when this friend mentioned her to me on Saturday we were in company (a celebration for Oh forthcoming birthday) and when I said  that they all just looked at me like I was mad and somebody actually said well it's just a cat isn't it - I had had a couple of glasses of wine but it did set me off a bit! I still haven't heard anything but I am hoping she ends up with me and not someone expecting a pretty but docile kitty who'll sit quietly on cushion looking nice!  What till about 9pm when she starts zooming!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2007, 13:09:28 PM »
DD I think you are finding out how much attention they need.

I don't mind Gail, Billy is as bad and I do have a few other attention seekers  ;)  Vita is gorgeous but I do think she would be happier where there were less cats and she can get more attention.

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2007, 13:07:03 PM »
I wouldn't move house because I didnt want to change vets. i like the one we use, I felt they were safe with them and they like my cats, so we stayed put.

As for emegrating 'WHEN' I win the lottery there will be 5 first class seats booked,
1 for me.
1 for Paul
1 for Thai
1 for Zubin and
1 for Zebedee Boo

Leaving them - Not a  :censored: chance. I would rather cut my arm off with a rusty knife.

People are having bengls not realising the time they take up. They are not 'Normal' cats. They need attention and if you ignor them they get in to trouble, they are highly intelligent creatures and some think oooo they are nice I want one. DD I think you are finding out how much attention they need. But hey worth every second I think xxxx,

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2007, 11:39:56 AM »
Liz that's awful

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2007, 11:37:26 AM »
We do come across some but at the moment have our hands full with the 2 newbies Raven and Panther someone kindly dumped in a box on a very wet day all taped up at the gates outside the house - Shame I live a mile off a C road up a bumpy single track really convenient!

They were only found as Sky loves boxes and was all excited by a box outside!!!!

We are also trying to trap some nebies who have a ppeared a black one and a long haired ginger to name the 2 we have seen so far oh god I wish it were lighter at night and that it wasn't so cold but all are being fed and have heatpads in the garage and wendy house its the best we can do till they go in the trap!!!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

MBll

« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2007, 17:59:49 PM »
I to dawny dear have come across cats/other aniamls that needing new homes  most  on the asap/ we want rid of or else basis& when contacted no reply is ever given?   Odd that.        I see more ads this time for animals that & older/elderly being dumped on the sunddenly emigrating & new baby crap :(

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2007, 17:50:05 PM »
temperaments  ;)

MBll

« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2007, 17:48:17 PM »
temps ...erh? :-:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2007, 17:44:27 PM »
You'll have to pm the details of what the temps etc are like of yours and we'll see what we can do, Liz is in Scotland and I'm sure she's comes across cats that need rehoming etc.  It's a shame you aint closer, I have a houseful that I'm sure would love to have a new meowmy but not sure what they would be like travelling long distance  :tired:

MBll

« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2007, 17:41:16 PM »
Well dawn ...me favourite person lol :innocent: ...i would take her but then again i would take anything lol

Link to CatChat