Author Topic: help  (Read 4025 times)

Offline tigerchilly

• Adult Cat
Re: Re: help
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 16:19:10 PM »

Was just thinking about that too.  We use catsan, and haven't had any problems with odour, but it's a  bit pricey so not everyone favours it, and some cats don't like it.  There are other varieties out there though that are clumping and cheaper, which may be worth a try.
i would like to still try things to stop any odours just incase.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Offline tigerchilly

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 16:16:08 PM »
what kind of litter do you use?  if you use clumping it shouldn't smell
hey dawn im using clumping litter its ok.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: help
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 12:40:50 PM »
I highly recommend Tigerino Nuggies litter from Zooplus it is super absorbant so you just scoop out the clumps and this means it lasts for ages it's also a very good price  2 x 14kg for £13.90 http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_litter/clumping_litter/tigerino/59535   (I have 3 litter trays and a 14kg bag can last just over a month in our house.)

Reviews here:
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/feedback/shop/cats/cat_litter/clumping_litter/tigerino/59535
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 12:11:21 PM »

Was just thinking about that too.  We use catsan, and haven't had any problems with odour, but it's a  bit pricey so not everyone favours it, and some cats don't like it.  There are other varieties out there though that are clumping and cheaper, which may be worth a try. 

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 12:01:08 PM »
what kind of litter do you use?  if you use clumping it shouldn't smell

Offline tigerchilly

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 11:59:31 AM »

It can work with some odours - very useful for keeping fridges clean, and for washing down dishwashers and washing machines that have gone a bit pongy - and for use in footwear, but think it depends on the basis of the odour - ie acid or alkiline.  What were you thinking of using it for?
if i mix it in with cat litter...ive heard few ppl reccomend this.. wanted to see if anyone on here had any experience.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 07:28:53 AM »

It can work with some odours - very useful for keeping fridges clean, and for washing down dishwashers and washing machines that have gone a bit pongy - and for use in footwear, but think it depends on the basis of the odour - ie acid or alkiline.  What were you thinking of using it for?

Offline tigerchilly

• Adult Cat
help
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 18:51:44 PM »
does baking soda really help with odour... anyone have experience with this technique.

Link to CatChat