Author Topic: Cat Pen Help!!  (Read 1688 times)

Offline kitty123

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Kitty & Susie
Re: Cat Pen Help!!
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 11:15:26 AM »
I have used cattery's before and i dont want them to go again because they dont eat much when they are in there, as they come out thinner than when they went in, and i have always said if i have to put them in a cattery again im not going away!! because im not going on holiday to enjoy my self knowing my cats are unhappy!!

I know my mum will look after them as she has had cats her self in the past, and they will have alot of attention giving to them, so while they are in her care i want to put them in a spacious cat encloser, i dont want them to be all cramped in a dog cage.

So they can get used to it i will put them in the cat encloser a couple of times a day, and for my cats i think this is the best way.

But like i said before i do like this cat pen but it is expensive, so if anyone knows a cheaper version can they point me in the right direction please.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 10:15:39 AM »
I think if your cats had a choice, they'd prefer to go to a commercial cattery rather than be kept in a dog crate 24/7. I know rescues use crates for homeless cats (just as I do) but that's because space is the issue and it's life or death circumstances - no rescue is ever going to tell you a crated cat is happy spending days and weeks in there. A cattery run will allow plenty of room for exercise.  ;) Or was it the intent just to keep them confined for short periods? If so, a basic dog crate from Argos will do just for overnight or while your mother is out shopping.

Offline kitty123

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 10:06:23 AM »
I like this but its a bit pricey, does anyone know if there's any cheaper ones about.

http://penthouseproducts.com/the-pens/doubledecker/

Offline kitty123

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 21:24:17 PM »
Thanks for that i will have a look around and see what's about.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 21:15:33 PM »
In which case the most basic will be a large dog pen and will be around £100. At least you will be able to fold it down, store it and use it again as otherwise you'd be cheaper just putting them in a cattery for a week.

This won't give them much room  - enough for bed, tray and an area for food and water but will be suitable for a week.

I have pens but only use them for quarantine, much prefering my cats to roam around upstairs most of the day and then locked in their cat room (large box room) for the night.

Offline kitty123

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 21:10:06 PM »
Thanks for the reply Angie but i do like the pen idea. I dont want to have any worries when i go away & my 2 cats are very fast when they want to be.

They have already been chipped.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 21:12:42 PM by kitty123 »

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 20:54:15 PM »
Has she not got a spare room to put them in?

Even the bathroom to put them in when there are people going in and out?

If they are not chipped , it might be worth doing so beforehand.

Offline kitty123

• Adult Cat
Cat Pen Help!!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 20:34:44 PM »
I'm going on holiday in January and my mum is going to look after my 2 cats, she said she is happy to have them but she would be scared they would run out the door & get lost when she wasn't watching them, & i have to admit i feel a bit nervous about that my self.

So i thought it might be a good idea to put them in a spacious cats pen while she is busy, but when she sits down some times during the day & evening she will let them out.

So can anyone recommend a cats pen suitable for two cats?
All replies welcome.

Link to CatChat