Author Topic: Weather must be warming up as 'presents' arriving  (Read 1758 times)

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
Re: Weather must be warming up as 'presents' arriving
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 22:16:09 PM »
We received a pigeon present today  >:(  Milly rushed in with it and stashed it under the bed!

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 22:54:00 PM »
Luckily rarely get any "presents" but Winston has  started sitting in the catnip plant pot outside again  :rofl:

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 20:01:42 PM »
In the absence of my cats I rather hoped I would be saved from this sort of thing. But having had to lift and vacuum all the rugs in the house, I discovered a cache of neatly curled, flat, dessicated corpses of baby slow-worms - hopefully they can go on breeding in peace now that my lot have gone to Australia. I was almost tempted to keep some, they were very pretty ...

Poor little slow-worms - they are so cute.  We had a "pet" one for a while that was rescued from somone who thought it was a snake and wanted to kill it for us  >:(
We had a grass snake, too, that one of the cats brought in as a trophy.
We dont get that sort of pressie now as both cats only have the balcony to hunt on, but Mr T likes to bring me little gifts - this morning he brought me a makeup brush from th dressing table.  Ive had socks, tissues from the waste-paper-basket and his all time favourite - shiny sweet wrappers, again from the bin. 
Have to say I dont miss eviscerated mice and mangled birds one little bit   :evillaugh:
People Power Works!!!

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 19:51:03 PM »
I have a drinking straw deposited on th bed most mornings  :evillaugh:

LOL!  :rofl:

Mine havent brought anything in lately, but I'm cat sitting for the 'Fab Four' as I call them,  and there have been a few 'presents' on the lounge carpet each morning, innards mostly, although I did find the head of a field mouse this morning  :sick:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 15:26:11 PM »
Oh dear. mine have been watching the birds for ages and Misa was getting very excited on the kitchen window sill but its the mice, voles and shrews that break my heart and every night Misa and Sasa are out hunting!

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 15:16:56 PM »
Mmmm yes we had a blackbird on Saturday, bird catching season must be starting >:(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 23:39:52 PM »
Yikes, wonder what the bone was from  :scared: I have a drinking straw deposited on th bed most mornings  :evillaugh:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 21:18:32 PM »
In the absence of my cats I rather hoped I would be saved from this sort of thing. But having had to lift and vacuum all the rugs in the house, I discovered a cache of neatly curled, flat, dessicated corpses of baby slow-worms - hopefully they can go on breeding in peace now that my lot have gone to Australia. I was almost tempted to keep some, they were very pretty ...

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
Weather must be warming up as 'presents' arriving
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 21:09:50 PM »
Yesterday we had a bone (about six inches long) delivered into the living room and I commented to OH that at least it was better than anything live - they must have misunderstood me as a goldfish from our pond arrived this afternoon which sadly did not survive.
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Link to CatChat