Author Topic: A nightmare trapping,happy ending  (Read 6932 times)

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
Re: A nightmare trapping,happy ending
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 16:59:26 PM »
Sounds abit like my rescue of those 7 kittens. Its great when you finally get them and get them away from the horrible place they live in isn't it. They are so adorable I am sure they will find great homes

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 16:54:36 PM »
Aww....  :Luv: :Luv: :'(

Horza said it all...  :Luv:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 16:17:10 PM »
You make it sound such fun T  :evillaugh:

Yet again, a whole cat family saved from who knows what. As sore as mum's eye looks, I bet she is a lot more comfortable than before and will be over it in no time with your TLC (Teresa's Loving Care  :) )

Bet you are  :yawn: now.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 16:15:14 PM »

Aww T, they are so adorable!!

So very glad you got them out of the garage they were in and now will all go off to loving homes.

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 16:09:59 PM »
kittens are lush :)

poor mum :(

well done there :)
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
A nightmare trapping,happy ending
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 16:04:10 PM »
5pm yesterday began a trapping (injured mum and 2 kittens).
They were living in a disused garage in a really rough area opposite a pub. We trapped mum outside the garage within minutes and Grumpy rushed her to the vet; I was accosted by a couple as I climbed out of the window,fortunately they were very nice but were Polish and didnt speak English, I only know one Polish word Kotz (cat) and somehow made myself understood that I was helping cats rather than being a cat burglar :rofl:
The kittens just reaching 6weeks were inside the garage and only way in to ensure their safety was through a tiny window; the garage was full of building materials and junk with not an inch of floor to be seen,so my first task after climbing in through the window was to clear a space to fit the trap,not so easy when you need to lift scaffolding frames , window frames and huge slabs of glass, slate and rotten clothes but somehow after much huffing and puffing and using muscles I didnt know I had the trap was passed through the window and set. It was a long night as we realised kittens didnt have enough bodyweight to spring the trap and this morning realised the only hope of getting these kittens was by the scruff of the neck.
That was like looking for 2 very angry needles in a haystack; I prayed hard as I searched and after a couple of hours scruffed the little girl; I kept having to move rotten clothes in my search and at one stage got covered in maggots; Grumpy had by this time squeezed himself in through the window to help and eventually we had little boy cornered and as I took his scruff he bit and scratched for all he was worth.I cried so much Rob thought I was seriously injured,the tears were those of joy because our 3 lives were saved.
Major pen re organisation yet again and picked up mum cat (Sherbet ) from vets,she has had her eye removed and I have had her spayed and microchipped too,she is back with her kittens and when I looked in a short time ago one happy family. Incidentally mum is not feral after all,just a domestic who has lived out quite some time.
Sorry for long post, I am just overjoyed for these little ones.

Link to CatChat