Author Topic: Poor Little Girl - 2 threads merged!  (Read 5858 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Poor Little Girl - 2 threads merged!
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2008, 11:56:17 AM »
Not sure what happened but we seemed to have two threaeds running together on the same subject so I have merged them.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2008, 01:43:32 AM »
Thats really great - i would have taken her if i lived nearer -unfortunately it must be about 300 miles away from me to where you are ( Lincoln) - my geography is really bad -but i know its a long way -went to Brighton once when i was around 17 - many, many years ago ! ;D
I haven''t been on here very long -but i have heard of the fantastic job you do for the cats -they are very lucky to have you down there .

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2008, 00:00:33 AM »
 :thanks:she seems fine as she is now a indoor cat. she does not even bother trying to go out and loves to be brushed on the little fur she has left, and is loving being spioilt  rotten. and sleeping on the Bed all day, Her new fosterer realy love her loads and hopes things turn out so she can give the little Babe a forever loving home. :shoosh: :shoosh: :shoosh:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2008, 20:46:11 PM »
I wouldn''t worry about that - as long as the person that takes her on doesn''t let her wander off -or lives a long way off she should be ok .
It wouldn''t bother me - as far as i am concerned it would be cruel for her to go back to them anyway , the next owner should look after her properly and keep an eye on her.
She is beautiful  :Luv2:

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2008, 19:30:14 PM »
Sorry I thought I Posted a pic of her, she is doing fine with her fosterer, had a bit of the runs and was bringing up her food" took her back to the vets he said it was stress" But a day on and she is fine, still not heard from Her owner, but I wont be giving her back after the state she was in don't think they care about her anyway, only trouble is she is M/c, she had only been back with owner for 3 weeks after being lost before and was not taken to a vet to have knots cut out the vet said it would have taken months to get in the state she was in.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2008, 19:00:17 PM »
Aww poor baby can we see a pic of her ;D

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2008, 18:54:49 PM »
hope the little un is doing better now Ron.
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2008, 12:32:31 PM »
I've got one of those too, just not got round to putting it up yet. Also have one that says every life should have nine cats - that seems a long time ago now :rofl:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 12:33:38 PM by Lesley (Eight Lives Left Kitten Rescue) »
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2008, 20:45:32 PM »
I think it was Ela that mentioned having something like it as well.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2008, 20:43:27 PM »
yes - i have one of those signs too ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2008, 20:41:13 PM »
Ron has a sign up in his house saying the house is designed for the comfort of the cats and if you don't understand that, what are you doing here?  :evillaugh: (or something along those lines)

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2008, 19:07:59 PM »
Mine certainly do -they have more places to sit , climb and sleep than i have ! :rofl:
Its their home and i am the lodger and slave as every cat lover knows this.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2008, 18:35:41 PM »
All cats own the house. they wouldnt be cats otherwise  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2008, 15:20:48 PM »
Winston certainly isn''t snobby -far from it ( he loves spraying up peoples cars and trees and yes he has been done - its just what he does ! ;D - my friend says he is a tom cat in a persian body !!! :rofl:)
As for the others i have - none are obnoxious in any way or snobby - spoilt yes because i adore them and they are all rescues too.
Smartie has a shaved bum due to an op a few weeks ago -when i got Winston he was shaved just like this little girl due to his coat being full of knots .

Offline lollylou

• Adult Cat
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2008, 12:23:42 PM »
I was referring to the cat this thread is talking about.... the reason this cat has been shaved is totally due to neglect of care.
I realise that cats need to be shaved for other reasons.

My boyfriends dad persian is gorgeous, but she is the biggest madam I have ever seen, she owns the house
and my god when we go round don't we know it!, well with a name like "Perdy" she has to be a little diva  :naughty:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2008, 09:19:23 AM »
Ron she is lovely I've got a little jumper if you think it would help (seriously!!)

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 08:51:19 AM »

Its really upsetting seeing this photo, as all the persians I have known are spoilt, obnoxious,
snobby divas - and its so degrading what these terrible people have done to her!  >:(

Louise xx

All the persians I know are laid back, loving and certainly not obnoxious and snobby.  I can't say they haven't been spoilt though but that'll be me spoiling them  :shocked: :evillaugh:

One of my lads has a lion cut at the moment due to his illness - there are other reasons apart from neglect that shaving has to occur.

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 08:45:49 AM »
Aww she is lovely - just look at those Ugg boots.  :Luv:

So many persians in rescue at the moment though - and most of them shaved for one reason or another.  I bet she feels a lot more comfortable now. :)

Offline lollylou

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 08:44:25 AM »
my goodness, she is quite possibly one of the most beautiful cats I have ever seen, what a shame about her coat, but I suppose its kinder to do that than try and unknot months of neglect, which would distress her even more!

Its really upsetting seeing this photo, as all the persians I have known are spoilt, obnoxious,
snobby divas - and its so degrading what these terrible people have done to her!  >:(

I hope she finds a lovely forever soon, where she can be the pampered princess she deserves... :Luv2:

Louise xx

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 07:41:12 AM »
Aww, the poor little girl, at least she is safe and sound now.
Please spay your cat

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 00:16:13 AM »
its a shame you are so far away Ron - i would have fostered here and seen how she got on with my 4 .
I believe you're in Brighton -thats miles away from Lincoln though :(
People who have had cats get into this state sould be  :censored: :censored: shot !
Poor little soul- when she gets her full coat as Gill said -she will be stunning .

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 23:44:22 PM »
So pleased she has someone looking after her like that and I agree no way should she go back

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 23:41:03 PM »
She was living in the garden of a Resthome and she was so :scared: :scared:only one nurse was feeding her for over a week and she was not allowed inside she was out in all the really cold weather and the snow storm we had, poor little girl is only about three years old. she was so matted all over and covered in fleas that i had to have all her coat off, the vet said it would have taken weeks to get like it was the matting around her neck were so thick it was making it hard for her to eat, I know where she is from and phoned them for two days with no reply >:( >:( so she will not be going back.at the moment she is fostered out and is sleeping in the bed with her fosterer who has really fell in love wit the poor little girl

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 23:29:58 PM »
Well, i do have 4 -one on the way from Diddy dawn hopefully and have seen another 2 now i would like to take in -but where do you stop ?
Would love a persian cats home - couldn''t do rescue as wouldn''t want to part with them .
Winston would leave home if i brought too many more in - hoping he will be okay with a girl though - he would definately not have another male in !

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 23:26:48 PM »
I' m suprise she hadn''t frozen - wherever she came from she does not need to be going back there ! >:(
Poor little soul - she just needs a nice warm coat now - Yorkshire terrier ones are usually around the right size - i had one for Winston - bright red -clashed a bit with coluring ,but he wore it for a few weeks with no bother !
I put it on Smartie when he had an op and anyone would think i had put him in a strat jacket !! ;D He spent the whole night getting the coat off, slept all the next day and never touched his stitches again ,so i guess it did the trick .
Big  :hug: :hug: to the little girl

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 23:25:38 PM »
What a little sweetheart. I think, I too am developing a little thing for Persians based purely on the lovely ones I see on here  :Luv2:
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 23:23:31 PM »
She is so cute and bet she is a stunner with a full coat.  ;D

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 23:20:58 PM »
Oh, poor little girl- she is gorgeous ( addicted to persians i 'm afraid ) and i want to take them all in  and help them !
Wish i could !

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 23:18:13 PM »
Oh poor little one, she is so sweet. Is she very old?

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 23:16:04 PM »
Oh, she is going to need a little coat I think! - poor little soul, glad she's in safe hands now  :Luv2:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 23:15:08 PM »
Poor little girl  :'( - I'm sure she's safe and warm with you now Ron  :hug:

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 23:09:44 PM »
i am trying to post a picture

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
Poor Little Girl - 2 threads merged!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 23:02:14 PM »
 picked up this poor little girl at 4-30 am on a really cold morning in a garden was out in all the snow we had that sunday

Link to CatChat