Author Topic: Tortie with Tortitude- The continuing Malena story  (Read 2920 times)

Offline pandora

• Adult Cat
Re: Tortie with Tortitude- The continuing Malena story
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 17:21:49 PM »
The good thng is that tortitude is not in her attitude towards me.  She is totally non aggressive and sweet.  Can see that she has a mischievous side to her though with breaking out of the window and all.  Strange how quickly she has a sense for timing.  Can hear he jingling upstairs as it is close to feeding time. :naughty:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 16:13:08 PM »
She is gorgeous and a has a true tortie look in her eys and face  :rofl: :rofl:

I have never come up with an effect like you did with jpeg compress!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 10:56:12 AM »
What a pretty girl Malena is!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008, 08:18:30 AM »
Malena is gorgeous and very shiny her coat looks too  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 06:04:30 AM »
Great news Pandora!! :wow:

Oh, and cats shed heaps of hair when they are stressed, which of course, Malena is, which is why she is so nervy. It is also the time of year, with Spring coming on. The combination of both factors must be having an awesome affect on her hair loss. Don't worry, she won't go bald ...

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 01:00:35 AM »
I know its fantastic when they finally understand!  :wow:
Rincewind finally came out from under the bed of his volition earlier and is now walking round the house, he's jumpy about strange noises too! :shocked: the other two are pretty much settled in now, just reestablishing pecking orders....

AND they all played together AND ate together as well!  :wow: :wow: *jumps around room*

Well done you and Malena!

Offline pandora

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 23:47:26 PM »
This may sound like nothing but:  SHE JUST CAME DOWNSTAIRS FOR THE FIRST TIME AND CHECKED EVERYTHING OUT.  She seems to understand that this is her new home now.  Oh and she discovered that there are more feeding bowls downstairs too.  She is getting very relaxed with me now and confident.  Gave her a comb after her brush yesterday.   She seems to lose lots of hair.  Her coat is shining now though with all the brushing.

Offline pandora

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 22:03:40 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Yes Yes yes...thank you for the VSO tip, Tigs!  Its so much better than JPEG cruncher.  Right...can go picture mad now. :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :shify: :shify:

Offline pandora

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 22:01:51 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Ha ha ha hahahhahahahhah...I think it worked.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline pandora

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 21:57:35 PM »
Wow that was quick!!!!  Thank you very much.  And again it looks totally normal. :-: :'( :thanks:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 21:55:36 PM »
Here's Malena in all her glory  :)

Offline pandora

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 21:52:05 PM »
Oh and i wonder if those facial markings can scare the others.  My ginger boy has no respect for Lennie and Martha but he is all humble in Malena's presence.   Scared by the eyes- she looks a bit evil but is a real sweety.  Not once pawed, bitten, pawed or even warned me as yet.  Just a bit 'jumpy' at noises sometimes.

Offline pandora

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 21:45:10 PM »
Am e mailing you.  Pics are so big...downside to buying a nice camera last summer...that it takes ages to attach to the e mail. 

Oh your Tiggy looks just like my Theo.   Theo is one year old on Tuesday.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 21:36:10 PM »
She looks quite funky, sort of pop art  :evillaugh: Even with her funky effect she looks gorgeous, great facial markings  :Luv:  I don't use a jpeg compressor but a resizer - http://www.vso-software.fr/products/image_resizer/  If you want to email me her pic I can resize her for you.

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 21:35:45 PM »
What a pretty kitty!  :Luv:

Can definitely see tortitude in those eyes!

Offline pandora

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 21:28:31 PM »
Oh no.  Just as bad as i thought.  How do you use the JPEG cruncher without losing all of the picture quality?  The last ones someone did for me looked totally normal.  I really have no idea.

Offline pandora

• Adult Cat
Tortie with Tortitude- The continuing Malena story
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 21:26:15 PM »
Right.  Got lots of new pics of Malena, now with us since Wednesday.  She seems to have gotten into a routine which involves coming out at night to be stroked and fussed over.  She also is starting to play although she acts as if to say: what am I supposed to do and then she is like a kitten.

Then yesterday, her tortitude showed for the first time.  Whilst having a shower, she actually managed to pry open a window in my bedroom (she is confined to the upstairs at the moment) and managed to get into the garden.  It was pitch dark out there but she has so many different things attached to her collar, it was like jingle bells.  I almost had a heart attack and all I could think of was that she would never come back.  So I grabbed some treats and with the help of my other female (white so easier to spot in the dark), who acted like a pointer dog, I spotted her.  I went outside and to my surprise, she actually stopped rather than running away and allowed me to pick her up.  AMAZING!  She then did it again this morning (I have now secured the window furher) but this time she actually came back in by herself.  MORE AMAZING!

Have played around with a pic to see if I can crunch it.  I think it will be bad quality.  Lets see what happens.  Get your sunglasses and 3D glasses ready because I think this will be bad.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat