Author Topic: Fred and Victoria are still without homes.  (Read 1944 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Fred and Victoria are still without homes.
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 10:55:12 AM »
A direct rehome is where cats are placed on a rescues CC page without coming into care - we have done it a few times, although the last time, we couldnt rehome, and all 3 cats came to us anyway. Good luck with them.
Please spay your cat

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 09:39:22 AM »
Mark, what do you mean by "a direct rehome"? Bit puzzled. By the way I can't count: I've rehomed six. Five kittens: Smudge, Newbie (now Daisy), the twins, Alfie and one of the adults - Winnie. I trapped 8 of them altogether. I never was very good with numbers!

When I had contact with the RSPCA early in the rescue process (someone had complained about the number of cats in the house) the inspector offered to take them, rather than help with rehoming. I'm slightly concerned that would be the case now. I don't entirely trust the RSPCA, even though my experience with them was okay. All the cats who have been tested from this colony (Alfie, the twins and Winnie), have tested negative for FIV and Felv.

If I thought for one moment that Samantha and Polly would accept them, I'd keep Fred and Victoria myself.

I put girlfriend/sister because I'm not sure whether they are brother and sister or were the parents of some of the kittens. Smudge looked so much like Fred and Newbie so much like Victoria. Also, they have always sat together like husband and wife! I sometimes think I should have called them Victoria and Albert!

They are about nine months old. It's hard to be exact as I'm not sure of their ages when trapped.

The absence from Purrs was just due to a disastrous relationship. I don't know if you remember the guy with a flat full of 7 unneutered cats? I managed to obtain a neutering voucher from CP by saying they were a feral colony, but love nor money wouldn't drag the guy to a vet! If I had had the keys to his flat and drove I would have taken them anyway and faced the hassle later. I think he got fed up with my nagging as the relationship came to an abrupt end. I've been in touch with his former girlfriend and hope that she'll take some responsibility for the cats' welfare. I considered calling the RSPCA to have a word with him but he'd know it was me who made the call, and I think they would take them away. He wasn't exactly looking after them very well.

You can take a horse to water......
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 09:42:17 AM by Hippykitty »
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 10:40:51 AM »
I wonder if a local rescue would put them on their Catchat page as a direct rehome?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 10:38:52 AM »
It's disturbing that with cats you can put girlfriend/sister.  :evillaugh: Sorry the enquiries are on the wane and hope you get somewhere for these two soon.

Also hope your absence from Purrs wasn't anything too terrible. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 09:05:01 AM »
Glad to hear you have homed 5 of them, but such a shame these two are still waiting. Is it worth asking your local RSPCA if they could help with advertising them for you?
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 06:54:11 AM »
 :welcome: back Hippy!  ;)

How old are these two and do you have any more recent piccies of them?  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Fred and Victoria are still without homes.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 03:08:54 AM »
I've been away from Purrs for a while - long story. I successfully homed five of my ferals but have been unable to find homes for Fred and Victoria. Everyone who rings wants a little kitten!!!  >:( 

Fred and Vic have now been together for so long that I think it would be nice to home them together, if I can find a home for them. Things seem to have dried to a full stop as far as homing enquiries go.

Has anyone any suggestions concerning getting this moving?

PS they are both tame now, although Fred is a little more shy than his girlfriend/sister.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Link to CatChat