Author Topic: 2 little tabby babes found by a bin - RIP my sweet little Tiggy  (Read 16786 times)

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
Re: 2 little tabby babes found by a bin - RIP my sweet little Tiggy
« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2008, 15:39:14 PM »
Poor little Tiggy  :(

Hugs for you and Persia Lesley x  :hug:

Blessed be.

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2008, 14:11:26 PM »
Good night little Tiggs X
 :hug:
Jas

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #91 on: April 16, 2008, 09:51:20 AM »
poor Tiggy, god bless her  :'(
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2008, 08:30:35 AM »
Do you know what causes these eye infections in very young kittens, Lesley?  It is so sad.  I can't believe that some evil bast**d could have dumped those dear little babes next to a bin to die... I wonder if there were any more that weren't found. 

It's too heartbreaking for words. :(  You must be gutted.

I think often it is started by cat flu and the kittens are so weak that it takes a good hold and the eyes are very susceptible before they open.  But Tiggy was slightly different in that the Vet thinks it was the eyeballs that were affected and she thinks it was something he was born with, probably the reason he and his sister were dumped - not worth the effort of raising them for £40 the b:censored:d who dumped them would probably have got when selling them.

On a brighter note, Persia is doing well, her eyes are open 80% of the time and although the third eyelid still covers alot of the open area, they are not so infected and she is bright and bubbly in herself.  At first, she just wandered round the incubator crying for her brother which was heartbreaking to watch, but she seems to have settled a bit more and she has the snugglekittie with the heartbeat and some rattly toys to keep her amused. 

I have found she is developing teeth now, not quite such a gummy grab when she gets your finger anymore. :Luv2:

Have just ordered the smaller size intensive care unit to make it easier to transport to work.  The big purrs one is fantastic and when there is more than one kitten it is perfect but Persia looks a little lost in it and it is very heavy to carry down the stairs and into the car each day.  Hopefully the new one will arrive shortly and I can still use all the accessories with the new one.  Will also mean I can now take in more than one litter at a time without cross infection. :Luv2:

Thanks for all your kind thoughts, losing Tiggy was not only heartbreaking, but sometimes makes you despondent about what you are doing, but you lot and Persia and Cornelius and Kali make it all worthwhile and shows that Tiggy did not die in vain; everytime I look at Persia I will see him in her eyes. :Luv2:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 10:09:26 AM by Lesley (Eight Lives Left Kitten Rescue) »
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2008, 23:21:00 PM »
poor little babe this is a crule world at least Tiggy will never feel pain again,RIP little one

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2008, 23:14:30 PM »
:RIP: little man :'(
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2008, 22:10:38 PM »
I am so sorry to hear this Lesley, but you gave him every chance possible. RIP little one.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2008, 20:33:27 PM »
Sorry to hear the sad news..... :hug:

RIP Little Tiggy! xxx

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2008, 20:26:39 PM »
Poor little Tiggy.

RIP sweet Tiggy. :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2008, 19:51:22 PM »
I am so sorry Lesley and you and the vet tried everything you could for Tiggy  :hug: :hug:  I hope that Persia will continue to grow and can get over the loss of her sweet little brother, come On Persia you can do it  :hug:

RIp Tiggy, play hard on the bridge, you will never be forgotten.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2008, 19:19:59 PM »
Oh Lesley, I'm sorry. I had hoped that things would be better for you. Lets hope he's met up with Abigail and Bethany.
Kittens can be so fragile and the people who dump them should  rot in hell.

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2008, 18:56:38 PM »
So sorry for you and sorry for little Tiggy. Don't worry Persia we'll keep you safe and sound  :hug:
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline claws n purrs

• Adult Cat
  • Ronnie, Freya, Olly and Mickey!
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2008, 18:13:21 PM »
Such sad news  :(

RIP Tiggy

Big  :care: to you Lesley

Dee x
Life is life -  there is no difference between a cat or a man.  The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage.  ~Sri Aurobindo

"I purr, therefore I am."

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2008, 17:50:37 PM »
Really sorry Lesley,  :RIP: Tiggy

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2008, 15:47:07 PM »
So sorry Lesley  :hug:  RIP Tiggy, safe and sound at the Bridge until your Mum is ready to collect you xx

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2008, 15:43:00 PM »
So very sorry Lesley  :hug:

Rip Tiggy, play hard at the bridge sweet one xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2008, 15:10:53 PM »
Oh Lesley how sad  :hug:

RIP Tiggy .... far too young to have gone to the bridge.  You will find lots of new friends there who will show you round and look after you little man.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2008, 14:23:16 PM »
Sorry Lesley  :hug:

Poor baby Tiggy - why are creatures born to suffer like this?  :'(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2008, 14:02:46 PM »
I know that when we found Bluto our little feral who we handreared he had bad eyes due to cat flu, fortunately he made a full recovery apart from a bit of discharge if it was cold outside

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2008, 14:00:12 PM »
Do you know what causes these eye infections in very young kittens, Lesley?  It is so sad.  I can't believe that some evil bast**d could have dumped those dear little babes next to a bin to die... I wonder if there were any more that weren't found. 

It's too heartbreaking for words. :(  You must be gutted.
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Aww no. :( Tiggy, look out for Parsley, she'll look after you. :RIP: little one.

Keep fighting Persia.  :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
Oh how sad...poor, poor little baby.

I was really hoping these two had turned the corner, bless them.  Let's pray that Persia doesn't become any weaker.

R.I.P. Tiggy, sweetheart and watch over your sister.  You're with all the other angels now and will never know pain again...just love.

So sorry Lesley.  (I don't know how you and everyone else in rescue can keep subjecting yourselves to this constant heartache but I'm very grateful that you do) :hug: :hug: :hug:

Roz
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
terribly sad news :'( :'( :'( :'(

at least he has warm and comfort in his last few days.

Play hard on the bridge little man - you were loved by many, my Beau & Zak will take care of you. Night Night little one xxxxxxxxx

these post make me so sad and make me realise that there are babes out there with nothing and they have to fend for themselves, and go with out food for days. I just wish mine realised how lucky and spoilt they are.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Awww, I'm sorry Lesley  :hug:

It defo sounds like you did the best thing for this little one though, he will be safely playing on the Bridge by now with no nasty infections to hurt him.

RIP Tiggy xxxx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
RIP Tiggy, I think that was definitely what was best Lesley, and at least he knew love and care before he went to the bridge.

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
Poor Little Tiggy  :hug:

RIP little one xx

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
Tragic news I am afraid.  Little Tiggy's other eye swelled up terribly over Sunday night, Monday morning and the decision was made yesterday to let him go to the Bridge.  :RIP:.

It's a decision I probably could not have made, had it been up to me, but the Vet at the PDSA where they both came from was very realistic.  She stated that the infection was not in the eye socket but appeared to be in the actual eye balls and that the antibiotics were having no effect against it.  It was nothing like anything she had seen before and did seek the second opinion of one of the other vets at the Practice.  It was obvious little Tiggy would have no sight and, although he did not appear to be in pain at the moment, he would have to live with the infection for at least another 12 weeks to be of a size and age to cope with the operation to remove not one, but both his eyes, and with the infection coming on so quick in the second eye, it was most probable that pain and suffering would start shortly.

Little Persia still has gungy eyes and we have changed her antibiotics to try and combat this better.  It is obvious she misses her brother so she is getting lots of extra cuddles and fuss at the moment.  She is very lively and was always growing much quicker than him so hopefully she will be strong enough to combat the infection and hers does not seem to be in the eye balls as was Tiggys.

I hate giving up on any of them, but in this case I know deep down it was the right thing to do.  To let him carry on would have been more for me than for him - his eyes were huge and the Vet managed to pull off the scab from the original eye and underneath was just a bulging ulcerated mass. :sick:

Have fun at the Bridge little Tiggy, know that your mummy loved you and did what she thought was best for you.  Find all of our other little furbabes and wait for me. :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Lesley, cant wait to see more pictures of Tiggy and Persia ;D Of course i dont mind using the name for the little one , Persia was my blue/cream Persian cat and she had lovely nature i hope this little ones lives a very long and happy life :hug: Go on Tiggy and Persia, make us proud ;)

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
Tiggy and Persia update.

Persia is coming on leaps and bounds, growing really well, now weighs a whopping 220g. :Luv:  She is definitely eating more than Tiggy and it shows.  Tiggy is a little diddy puss at just 160g but really I am pleased he is eating as well as he is.  Persia's eyes are starting to be less gungy and she is able to keep them open a bit more and Tiggy's bad eye definitely is not as swollen as it was and the infection seems to be drying up leaving a dry lump over the eye.  I don't want to interfere with it too much, just hoping it will come away by itself really - but what will be behind it.

Will try to get some piccies of them this afternoon and post up later.

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
they are lovely, the cat next door is called Tiggy  ;D
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Hurrah for pooping Tiggy! :)

Keep up the good work, Persia.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
AWW bless that pooping Tiggy xxx.

I know, it's amazing how you can be so pleased that something is sh***ing all over you. :rofl:

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
AWW bless that pooping Tiggy xxx.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Hope these little babes are still doing well and I'm sure you'll see a big difference in Persia's eye in a few days  :hug:  I remember with little Keiko, her eye was awful and I had to take her in daily for Sean to inject her, sadly though, even after after the eye was removed, the infection was too much for her body to cope with  :'(  Sending positive thoughts that these little darlings grow into strong healthy adults  :hug:  :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Go Tiggy, go  :wow:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
Tiggy seems to be getting stronger day by day and this morning was very hungry and was biting (or in his case gummying) my finger for his milk.  Eye still not good but I would say it is not getting worse.  All their eyes are still infected and producing pus, despite being bathed and irrigated at each feed, but they do not seem to be in pain and are much more active when they first arrived.

Their organs all seem to be working fine as well now, as Tiggy produced the poo of his life last night  :sick:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
I hope these little babes continue to do well  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

ccmacey

Poor little souls, how could anyone do that  :(

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
AWWW God love them babies - I pray his eye is not too painful  - and that underneath the gunk it will be a proper eye and he can keep it.

give them some snuggles from me here

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
The latest update on Tiggy and Persia.  Persia seems to be doing extremely well, she has put on weight and already looks bigger than Tiggy.  When I bathed her eyes this morning she did manage to open them and she must have some vision I think because she hissed at me  :rofl:, that's gratitude for you.  Saying that, when you give her a little cuddle after feeding she gives the little clicky purr that only really young kittens do  :Luv2:.

Tiggy is eating well but not as much as Persia.  His bad eye is still very swollen and although I am bathing it by running water over it from a syringe I do not actually want to touch it with anything because I am not sure what is eye, what is dried blood, what is dry pus  :sick:.  I think it may get to the stage where a large lump will break off and then I will be able to see what we are left with. :sick:.  He can just open his other eye but at the moment it does not look normal underneath but that may just be due to the infection still there.  I feel so guilty when I bathe him, he is so small and he seems to get soaked poor love.  I give him a good dry afterwards and a cuddle and he seems to love going back in the incubator and warmth.

Will try to get some more photos later today, Persia has gorgeous markings, very bengly like. :Luv2:

Link to CatChat