Author Topic: THIS IS URGENT - 8 cats need rehoming within 2 days  (Read 7524 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: THIS IS URGENT - 8 cats need rehoming within 2 days
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2008, 04:08:34 AM »
Just to make sure you get the message Dawn-, posted on both threads  i would like to offer her a home here.- Have pmd you .

Posted on the other thread to you  :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2008, 03:49:42 AM »
Just to make sure you get the message Dawn-, posted on both threads  i would like to offer her a home here.- Have pmd you .

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2008, 21:55:41 PM »
Pleased that the local rescue is taking the pussy cats and I hope that they all find loving homes
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2008, 21:41:31 PM »
Phoebe has  now been caught and she's on her way to Welshpool where I will be meeting Mike at about 7 o'clock. 

I will update later when I get back in as I've sneaked out of work early so I can take it steady down there, it's  :censored: it down and I really hate going over that way in this weather  :tired:

Good luck Dawn, its wild and windy here in Wiltshire too. Hope the journey's not been too bad and you and Pheobe have arrived back safely.  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2008, 17:04:37 PM »
Phoebe has  now been caught and she's on her way to Welshpool where I will be meeting Mike at about 7 o'clock.  Poor little babe has a long journey ahead so I hope she'll be okay bless her.  He had to go looking for her this morning, she had disappeared and he found her outside one of her usual haunts which is at the Rugby Club like a little drowned rat  :evillaugh:  I will update later when I get back in as I've sneaked out of work early so I can take it steady down there, it's  :censored: it down and I really hate going over that way in this weather  :tired:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2008, 22:36:47 PM »
I know, it's the usual story, she also left her son with him as well  >:(  >:(

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2008, 22:34:28 PM »
His ex offered to groom her when she needed it but she's since met someone else, so that's gone by the by  >:(

Typical!, cat is way down the list of priorities obviously  >:(

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2008, 22:19:47 PM »
That explains it then  :evillaugh:  The guy sounds really nice, he was dumped with the cat apparently and with him being a long distance lorry driver, he really hasn't the time for her.  His ex offered to groom her when she needed it but she's since met someone else, so that's gone by the by  >:(

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2008, 22:16:45 PM »
I've just had the guy on the phone and she's actually brown and black so I'm not sure what she is  :Crazy:  He said she is a colour point something  :shify:

Probably seal colourpoint - very dark brown face, ears, tail and paws and usually cream to light brown body. Seal points tend to darken with age so that sometimes they look brownish all over with even darker brown points.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2008, 22:14:15 PM »
I've just had the guy on the phone and she's actually brown and black so I'm not sure what she is  :Crazy:  He said she is a colour point something  :shify:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2008, 21:58:53 PM »
Well, its in between Newark and Lincoln (old Raf camp nearby called Swinderby -its where the antique fairs are held )

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2008, 21:53:02 PM »
Hi Dawn,
May be able to take the persian -BUT i live in Lincolnshire -which is a good 3-4 hours away.
Have been thinking of taking another one , but only a girl as Winston would not accept another Male cat , but i think he may be okay with a girl.
Please let me know anything more when you can do.

I'll get her first and then we'll take it from there  :hug:  Whereabouts in Lincolnshire are you?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2008, 21:51:41 PM »
Just spoke to the lady and this little girl is called Phoebe and she's a red persian  :Luv:  :Luv:  She's going to phone her son now and we'll see if something can be sorted for tomorrow evening.  She's just said now that she thinks she sleeps in an old dog kennel in the garden so it sounds as if she predominantly lives outside  :(

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2008, 21:50:57 PM »
Hi Dawn,
May be able to take the persian -BUT i live in Lincolnshire -which is a good 3-4 hours away.
Have been thinking of taking another one , but only a girl as Winston would not accept another Male cat , but i think he may be okay with a girl.
Please let me know anything more when you can do.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2008, 20:25:42 PM »
Hi Dawn,
Whats the persian like ?

Not sure, she's 8 years old and matted but will let you fuss her.  She's been used to being an outdoor cat as her dad is a long distance lorry driver and not home too much.  I'm not sure what's happening with her yet, as the RSPCA are involved as well, they are meant to be going over tomorrow as a card has been left through his door.  Apparently the guy has split up from his mrs and she used to breed Persians, all the others have gone but this one is the last one.  I will let you know what's happening, I've just got back in from the vets so will ring her shortly.  His mother contacted me and she was going to try and get him to get hold of the cat tonight but they are in South Wales and he'll have to bring her to me unless I meet him half way  :tired:

The lady with the 8 cats is going to take them over to the rescue tomorrow at 1pm, I will be in work but if I get chance, I will try and pop over at some stage and get some piccies of them  :hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2008, 20:00:30 PM »
Um, persian? not that I need anymore of course!  :naughty:

Offline Harna

• Senior Cat
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2008, 18:32:55 PM »
 :Crazy:

Did someone say PERSIAN??!!!
 ;D

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2008, 17:53:48 PM »
Thats great news. Do let us know when you can get hold of the women ;D

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2008, 17:32:24 PM »
Hi Dawn,
Whats the persian like ?

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2008, 17:07:38 PM »
Fantastic about the 8 cats. Well done  :hug:
What is it though, with you and Persians!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2008, 16:29:29 PM »
Just got another persian to sort now  :oh noo:

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2008, 16:21:44 PM »
Thats really good news!

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2008, 15:21:40 PM »
I bet you were having kittens yourself  :scared:

Just a couple  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2008, 15:16:05 PM »
Only just saw this Dawn - glad you sorted it  :hug: - I bet you were having kittens yourself  :scared:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2008, 15:13:12 PM »
I'll try and get piccies if I ever get hold of the woman, she's still not answering her mobile  :censored:  :censored:  There is one black/white and she said the rest are all gorgeous tabbies  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv:  I suppose I'll have to help with transporting as 8 cats can't all go in one go  :Crazy:

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2008, 15:11:38 PM »
That's fantastic news!!!

Do you think there will be any way we can see pictures of them ... I'm curious as to what they all look like  :Luv:

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2008, 15:09:50 PM »
A miracle has happened and our local rescue will take all 8  :yayyy:  :yayyy:  :yayyy:  :yayyy:

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2008, 14:54:10 PM »
Some people I swear just like to waste your time. I do hope these babies can be found somewhere soon ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 14:42:24 PM »
I know she rang from the same number earlier but it's not recognised if you ring back  :Crazy:

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 14:41:06 PM »
I would have thought if they were going to cut her off, they'd cut outgoing rather than incoming?

You're right though, its very annoying when you're trying to do the right thing but can't get in contact! I really hope things turn out ok for these little ones.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 14:29:27 PM »
I've just tried phoning this lady back, the number she gave me as the house number is not recognised so chances are it's been cut off for incoming calls but she can phone out, and her mobile is just ringing and ringing  >:(  How do they expect help if you can't get hold of them  :censored:  :censored:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 14:17:09 PM »
I'm pretty sure she said one is female and the other 7 are males so it's not too bad but chances are the female will now be caught.  I've just spoke to Gina at Ellesmere Port and she's going to try and see what she can do, but sadly she can't help but will put a few feelers out for me.

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 14:10:45 PM »
God that's terrible. I hope you find good homes for them all.

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 14:02:51 PM »
Surely if they have been going out and they aren't spayed, chances are one or more of them could be pregnant as well? I suppose some people mean well, but thats not my idea of rescue!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 13:59:33 PM »
Apparently she rescued these kittens when a mum cat gave birth, so how can you rescue them to put them in this situation  >:(  >:(  >:(  They are all litter trained but she said as soon as they were old enough to use the cat flap, they were outdoors.  They do go in now and again but didn't have full access to the house.  I really want these guys to get a loving home so they know what being pampered is about  :hug:

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 13:56:12 PM »
I hope the poor kittys find a new home or at least somewhere safe to stay for the timebeing.

It does make me wonder why someone would rent a place which so strictly followed the no pets rule if they have 8 cats? It is possible to find rental places which allow cats, even if it is a bit more difficult, its worth it for your pets sake!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 13:52:38 PM »
I've tried this approach and she said it's a definite no go  :(

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 13:51:27 PM »
Might be worth asking them if they can speak to the landlord about the cats. I was originally going to be bringing Casper to live with me before mum decided she wanted to keep him with her. Our rental contract specified no pets but after speaking to the landlord and signing an extra agreement to steam clean the carpets when we leave, he allowed cats, the hamster and OH's 3 fishtanks!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
THIS IS URGENT - 8 cats need rehoming within 2 days
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 13:44:23 PM »
I've had a lady on the phone, usual scenario moving house into rented accomodation and can't take any cats with her  :tired:  I asked if the cats could stay where they were temporarily and apparently the guy is adamant he wants them gone as his daughter is allergic  >:(  I really don't know why people leave it so late, and why they expect any rescue to take on 8 in one go is beyond me  :Crazy:  I know I've done it in the past but it's bloody hard work and food doesn't get any cheaper  :shy:  The cats are approximately 8 months old so only babies, she said she rescued some kittens and was meaning to get them done but it never happened  >:(  I've said if she does get homes for any, to homecheck and do all the usual and to pass my number on so I can at least get them neutered/spayed for the new owners.  I may be able to take a couple but I have a houseful at the moment and my finances are stretched to the limit  :shy:  I'm waiting for one of the local rescues to contact me, they owe me a couple of favours so I'm hoping they can help.  The cats are in Denbighshire area of North Wales, if anyone can help, even if to foster for a while, can they either pm or email.  :hug:  :hug:

Link to CatChat