Author Topic: What is it with all these pedigrees at the moment.........  (Read 1766 times)

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
Re: What is it with all these pedigrees at the moment.........
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 12:09:00 PM »
Poor baby the owner probaly could have sloved the problem buy getting him a playmate and by giving him things to do. I hate these people that go buy a cat on a whim and don't think of what they will need. Any indoor cat needs to have a friend and things to do as this will course the cat to develop behavoral problems.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 09:21:01 AM »
Fingers crossed for this one.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 01:10:04 AM »
I know some cats can be happy when left on their own all day but I also think, it's still much nicer for them to have a companion furbabe.  All mine are rehomed in pairs unless they have to be on their own and if this is the case, I try and get a home where they'll be someone in for part of the day.

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 00:15:25 AM »
It is perfectly possible to have a happy neurosis free siamese when you are working full time. Even if it is an indoor cat. You simply have to ensure that a) it has plenty of enrichment toys and b) it has lots of cuddles when you get home and c) it has a companion. No excuse!!  >:(

I agree totally !

My lovely Balinese boy was a typical cousin of the Siamese in that he needed occupied and a lot of affection. I worked full time but by filling the house with toys for him and giving him all my attention at night at on the weekends he was one very happy cat. I would have loved to have got a companion for him but he was re-homed to me as a 'only' cat. I actually think the folk that gave him into rescue just made that up as a reason to get rid as he was so demanding - but I never put my theory to the test! He was a very demanding cat and talked all the time and needed to be by my side at all times - but he was a very special furbabe!  :Luv2:
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 19:15:59 PM »
It is perfectly possible to have a happy neurosis free siamese when you are working full time. Even if it is an indoor cat. You simply have to ensure that a) it has plenty of enrichment toys and b) it has lots of cuddles when you get home and c) it has a companion. No excuse!!  >:(

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 18:31:01 PM »
I'm not sure of her working situation, only that she is away for the most part of the day with her daughter's school being further afield  :Crazy:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 17:13:17 PM »
Because more people are breeding and dont care who they home their cats to.
A decent breeder would make sure the buyer was prepared for said cat and understood you cant keep them locked indoors without anything to amuse themselves with  >:(
Bet they work fulltime so the cat is starved of love too

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
What is it with all these pedigrees at the moment.........
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 16:31:00 PM »
I had an email this morning via the SWAP team to see if anyone could help transport a Siamese over to Cornwall from Wales.    It turns out it's only about 10 miles from me so I said I'd help rehome from this end rather than a long journey.  The cat in question apparently has been wrecking the house through boredom, chewing anything in sight and is generally unhappy.  Why don't people try and make the cats lives better by trying to stimulate their senses rather than opt for the rehoming at the first sign of trouble  >:(   Luckily I may have someone lined up for this one as I had a lady on the phone about something else, and she just happens to after a Siamese playmate for her cat so fingers crossed, this is the one  ;)

Link to CatChat