Author Topic: Homecheck passed, kittens now home! *more piccys*  (Read 37088 times)

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
Re: Homecheck passed, but nothings ever simple!
« Reply #131 on: March 28, 2008, 13:42:07 PM »
No phone call yet and their phone is either engaged or no-one picks it up....
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

There's still plenty of time left this afternoon.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2008, 13:41:04 PM »
No phone call yet and their phone is either engaged or no-one picks it up....

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2008, 10:56:54 AM »
Don't even know if I am yet - vet check is this morning. If he says they can go then I guess I will have to make another 'appointment' but I'm hoping for this afternoon since they were happy for them to go last Friday until they found out what the vet said.

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2008, 10:45:41 AM »
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What time are you picking them up?

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2008, 08:57:17 AM »
Thank you everyone - this morning is going to go so slowly while I wait to hear from them!! The car is all loaded up with their baskets and comfy blankets!

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2008, 08:40:15 AM »
Today's the day  :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2008, 06:50:05 AM »
Good Luck for picking the kitty's up today!  :wish:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2008, 06:23:00 AM »
Hope all goes well today Bryony

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2008, 22:58:50 PM »
Good luck for tomorrow  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2008, 22:55:47 PM »
Hope the twins are home tomorrow  :hug:

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2008, 20:26:58 PM »
All the very best for tomorrow! Can't wait to hear all the news ;D

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2008, 09:28:08 AM »
I have no problem with them attacking my plants really, but this particular one is poisonous as it is part of the lilly family so I didn't want them to have the oppotunity!

Downstairs in the hall I have a sortof mini palm tree thing, big long trunk about 80cm high or so and then a mop of curly leaves coming out of the top, it seems to be the most resiliant plant in the world and I expect they will probably use it as a new scratch post!

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2008, 09:12:08 AM »
Good luck for tomorrow, my cheeseplant now lives with my mom as it was constantly attacked when I got Leo and Larry last year :rofl:

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2008, 09:07:20 AM »
I know - tomorrow hopefully!!!! Everything is all ready for them at home, I've cat proofed all the sides and got rid of stuff they might eat/break etc and I've banished my poor peace lilly to the spare room with the hamster and the fishtank with the dodgy lid. That door is shut all the time except when I'm using the computer up there so thats where I'm keeping all the stuff I'd rather they didn't get at!

The laundry is in there too because I remember Casper as a kitten having great fun pulling all the clean washing off the drier rack!

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2008, 06:12:33 AM »
Nearly there Bryony!

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2008, 20:10:51 PM »
Lol, I did actually have the boxes with me on friday...

The lady Harna mentioned actually had a very similar homecheck experience to me, it was by far the easiest part. I think she'd already decided when I started talking about Casper and she saw the picture of my first cat, Lucy on the fireplace. I did mention the fact that I'd had to get the whole buildings approval and I reckon the fact that I'd done that probably sold me to her as a die hard cat lover! She didn't even look in the garden properly, only out the window!

When I go in this Friday, the boxes will be with me, there is nothing wrong with them now, no sniffs, no red noses, solid poos, absolutely no lack of energy or appetite! If the vet thinks they are still unfit for adoption I will be asking to speak to him/her before I leave for a full explaination. The cats have been in that pen for a month now and I'm sure it is needed for more cats to find a loving home, I imagine that was why the staff were hopeful that I would be able to take them last week!

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2008, 19:07:25 PM »
sounds to me like there may be a mutiny brewing among the staff. Have you considered taking the boxes with you every time you go, on the off chance dragon-lady is off work for the day? :evillaugh:

Offline Harna

• Senior Cat
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2008, 19:05:44 PM »
Hmm - my mind instantly flicked to this thread this afternoon when my neighbour told me that they had been home-checked by the local RSPCA as they want to adopt following the sad loss of one of their cats recently.

Apparently, the homechecker walked in, walked down the hall, into the kitchen, turned to my neighbour and said "Right, you are approved!" Just like that!

The reason?

My neighbour has a cat-flap installed into his full-length glass double glazed back doors! Evidently, the homechecker believed that if you are prepared to pay about £200 to have this done, then you are dedicated to any cats that come your way so was happy to let them go ahead and choose a cat!

It seems an arbitrary way of doing things. doesn't it, when other people like Bryony have to get written permission from everyone in her town, 25 character references and has to sell her soul to the devil to get her little kits . . . .  .

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2008, 15:15:49 PM »
Fingers crossed!  ;)

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2008, 09:30:45 AM »
They've been getting more and more hyperactive over the holiday, I guess that now they are better, they really want to be running around not cooped up in a pen, as soon as we open the door, they both fly out onto the floor and don't want to go back in the pen unless theres food involved! The girl in the cattery today said she couldn't see any reason why the vet would say no to us taking them this time as there are no sneezes at all and their appetite is back with a vengance!

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2008, 17:33:29 PM »
 :hug: :hug: How were they today, Bryony?

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2008, 12:14:44 PM »
Must be frustrating for you Bryony but hang on in there, not long to go now and you can take them home.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2008, 16:59:23 PM »
Im sure your capable of monitoring them but they sometimes they take a turn for the worse, and with it being a long weekend with no affordable vet services they probably have concerns about people putting off getting treatment til the tuesday.
Blanket policies are nothing but irritating for the genuine person but the less desiraable would have given up!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2008, 13:45:04 PM »
We collect Spay kitties same day  ;D
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2008, 11:32:07 AM »
Some of you mentioned spay operations and stay times after these, I was told that if I was all cleared by the time they were spayed then they would be ready to go the next day!! Surely worse things could happen in that situation. They never had lampshades on after their spay so could have chewed their stiches out once they got home which I guess could have resulted in anything from just needing re-stiching to getting badly infected.

I explained that once I got them home, I was happy to take them to my vet and cover any charges myself, they have already spent a lot of their funds on the girls and their charge for adopting them is only £60 so doesn't even come close to covering whats been spent on them.

Anyway, theres nothing I can do now, so we're going to spend some time with them every day of the holiday and I'll see them wednesday lunchtime and hopefully pick them up Friday afternoon, can't come quickly enough though!!

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2008, 10:01:08 AM »
This must be very upsetting for you Bryony.  When we found Freddie at RSPCA, he needed serious dental treatment. I'm now beginning to think I was very lucky persuading them that I would take on responsibility for having that done and was therefore able to take him home as soon as long awaited HC was carried out.

Apart from perhaps stress of new home perhaps causing difficulties (our Tom gets sniffles when stressed), I really don't understand this wait. At least you now know they are coming to you, having cleared the HC, but how frustrating this all is esp when you could have spent long Easter weekend settling them in.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2008, 09:08:04 AM »
With us it would depend on  what was wrong, I sometimes think rescues hold on when in reality it may be in the little ones interest to be where there are not loads of other pets and that way they can get 1-1 attention. Of course the new owner would need means to be able to get to a vet quickly if necessary.

If we were  lucky enough to fond a home for a cat that has been neutered/spayed we would re-home after the 3 day check, subject that all was well of course. As I feel that 1-1 attention is better than the attention a fosterer who has a number of cats can realistically give. If there are small children in the home we do wait until the stitches are out. I know before our branch split branch  the Co-ordinator at the time thought that only she could look after the little ones properly. Of course she could not give the cats nearly as much attention as they would have if she had homed sooner.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2008, 08:52:41 AM »
They are covering themselves, which is understandable, in case they got worse when rehomed - if you were a different kind of owner, and you adopted cats who were on a course of meds and they got worse, you might complain terribly, so they are only trying to make sure the vet is happy with them before homing them to avoid that kind of situation. I wouldnt home one of mine if they were on a course of meds, as i wont let females go till their stitches come out, just in case. And in one way, it is better on you, it gives you time to bond with them without them associating you with nasty meds.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2008, 02:02:40 AM »
 :what: I was expecting it to be next Tuesday at the latest! Grrr! now that is taking the  :censored:  :hug: :hug:

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2008, 18:49:55 PM »
It's really odd ...

Memphis got sent home with just his first vaccinations. I took him for the 2nd ones. Plus with my rabbit he needed a course of injections .. my vet showed me how to inject a rabbit and I went home with 3 days worth of injections for Mig which I did myself - instead of having to either keep him there for 3 days or me having to keep bringing him in. For this reason I don't get why they aren't allowing you to administer simple meds  :scared:

I agree with everything BC said.

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2008, 17:55:57 PM »
Thats what I thought, I was so annoyed at how close I was to having them home today, it seems odd that the vet would insist that they stay rather than leaving it up to the judgement of the staff. If one or both of them had an open wound or something I could undrstand it better but the only care they need for these last remaining sneezes is warmth, rest and the meds! Now I have a weekend with nothing planned purposefully to care for them and nothing to do! Of course I will be visiting daily, but I get such odd looks when I turn up every day and stay for an hour or so each time!

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2008, 17:49:31 PM »
and I also wonder, if they don't think you are reliable to maintain meds, and care for them while they are ill, why would they consider your a suitable adopter. If you are acceptable as an adopter, you should also be trusted to care for them .... Makes no sense whichever way you look at it  >:(

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2008, 17:15:14 PM »
I can't really understand it either. If they got sick while I owned them, I'd take them home, give them meds and take them back to the vet at the end of the course, not sure why this is different. Maybe theres something I'm missing but the rest of the staff there could see what I was getting at.

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2008, 16:08:14 PM »
If it was my vets they would have sent the meds home with the cats  :scared:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2008, 15:07:29 PM »
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I a getting angry for you!! I don't know where you find the patience!!!!

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2008, 15:02:50 PM »
No, I did ask what vet it was in case it was the same one I plan to use as its not far from the surgery but the woman just said it was an rspca vet that comes onsite a few days a week. It was annoying because I wasn't expecting them to be as understanding as they were. The girl in the cattery even said sometimes they do better at home but the vet decided they wanted to keep them there. Seemed no sense arguing about it after that because I'd only have been preaching to the coverted!

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2008, 14:55:14 PM »
at least you have identified the source of the powertrip. Have you found out who their vet is? I would be inclined to get in touch and see if you can swing a little influence from that side - along the lines of how much better it is for a sick cat to be part of a quiet warm, loving household than stuck in a draughty cattery having tablets rammed down its throat by power-hungry  :censored:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2008, 14:53:12 PM »
Well that was strange. They were quite happy with my reasoning and said I could collect them this afternoon and finish the meds at home as they seem absolutely fine today, no trouble breathing, running round like loonies and then one woman said that they wouldn't be able to go til they'd seen the vet again next friday and that was that, I guess she must have been the big boss woman! After that, everyone changed their tune and we had to settle with hopefully being able to have them next Fri afternoon, but only if the vet doesn't say the same thing again!

Oh for goodness sake! I started reading that and thought brilliant! they're coming home....then I read on! What a emotional rollercoaster you're on, you must be so frustrated to say the least.  :hug:

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2008, 13:39:40 PM »
Well that was strange. They were quite happy with my reasoning and said I could collect them this afternoon and finish the meds at home as they seem absolutely fine today, no trouble breathing, running round like loonies and then one woman said that they wouldn't be able to go til they'd seen the vet again next friday and that was that, I guess she must have been the big boss woman! After that, everyone changed their tune and we had to settle with hopefully being able to have them next Fri afternoon, but only if the vet doesn't say the same thing again!

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2008, 12:24:47 PM »
Hope everything went well.

Link to CatChat