Author Topic: PHONE CALL  (Read 2044 times)

Offline Harna

• Senior Cat
Re: PHONE CALL
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 19:06:31 PM »
Although my local fox decapitated our pet rabbits on 20th December and left their bodies laid out on the lawn for my 6 year old daughter to discover, I do have a respect for them and appreciate that they are just following their instinct. And although they come over from the Downs, the city limits do encroach upon their natural habitat. If nothing, the distressing events here have taught my daughter a valuable lesson about nature. . . . .  not that we thought it at the time . . . . . .

I hope this little chap does well and can somehow resume the rightful life of a fox one day  . . . .

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 14:27:49 PM »
Poor baby, glad it has been rescued.  we have town foxes near us and I never fail to be delighted when I see them sauntering down the Avenue without a care in the world!

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 13:18:25 PM »
I know town fox's get bad press  but I still think they are lovely 

So do I, after all it us that have invaded the environment and caused them to become ‘townies’, it is also us that are reducing their food source with the advent of wheelie bins etc.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 13:13:16 PM »
I hope poor mum hadn't just left it there while hunting as is frantically searching

So do I and that is why we wanted the fox rescue to assess the situation. On examination they decided that it was not wise to put back especially as by that time it had been handles by a number of people. Apparently it is about a week old and the rescue have another one of similar age and hope to get them together at some point.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 21:42:11 PM »
Ahh bless Foxy .... glad it is now safe.  I know town fox's get bad press  but I still think they are lovely  :Luv2: :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 21:37:42 PM »
I hope poor mum hadn't just left it there while hunting as is frantically searching.  :(

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 16:31:56 PM »
oh bless... glad someone noticed though and mentioned it to someone!

hope the little one does ok.
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 16:02:36 PM »
AWWW poor baby  :(.

lots of love going Foxys way xxxxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 15:01:51 PM »
Aw, poor little fox cub! Lucky someone found him/her!

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
PHONE CALL
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 14:52:51 PM »
Janet our shop manageress rang me to say a lady had called to say a kitten had been laid on the neighbours lawn for 3 hours and no mum had returned. I asked her if she could get a taxi and go to see what the position was and if necessary take it to the vets and get Cimicat etc and after I had asked if she was prepared to bottle feed. I went through telling her to advise the caller must look to see if there were any more and keep an eye out if mum returns. Off Janet went in the taxi and when she arrived the little 'kitten' was covered in thorns and brambles, once removed Janet realized that this was no kitten but a baby fox. The little one was taken straight to our vets who are feeding it and I rang  a fox rescue I know who will take in later today. It may be that they will assess the situation themselves and decide the best course of action. We are quite lucky as we have 2 fox rescues within a 10 mile radius

Link to CatChat