Author Topic: Covcats - notice to tenant to get rid of cats.  (Read 3296 times)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Re: Covcats - notice to tenant to get rid of cats.
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 10:06:11 AM »
sorry for the confusion. I now think that the lady who does not look after her cat(s) was being targeted and told it was a blanket policy. (Lets face it who hasn't posted a whole load of care care leaflets down a street to target one household in particular).

To be on the safe side , I left a card with my number, CP coventry, CP mid warks and the rspca with the owner of the 3 cats and asked her to give them to a cat minded neighbour and let me know if we need to interfere.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 22:13:52 PM »
When I was speaking to the owner of the three cats she said to me "I'm glad I'm moving from here (the park home or static caravan or whatever they call them) because the owner has just posted round letters to the people that rent their homes and told them that all those with cats have to get rid of by the end of the month"

I'm going to pick the cats up tomorrow and deliver them the mid-warwks CP (thanks again Jasmine, Chris and Purrs) and while I'm there have a ferret around for some information.

This is the owner where Angie was collecting the cats and in her next post.........dont know how to do quotes from two diff posts LOL................she says that it was possible that the target was another with only one cat......so as I read it all cat owners have been told to get rid of their cats because of the one who goes away and leaves theur cat.

However I am now confused why this person has given her cats to Angie as it seems she is leaving.......sigh......maybe its over a month away?????????

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 21:03:53 PM »
as I read Angie's second post, it is only one owner who has been targetted, and has been led to believe that this is the case for others ... I may be wrong, but not the way I read it ...

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 20:57:20 PM »
No I wouldnt but appaerntly neither have all the others that have beeen told to get rid of their cats.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 20:56:26 PM »
But Gill, you would not slope off for days on end and just leave them with no-one to care for them

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 20:50:00 PM »
I would not ne happy if someone told me to get rid of my cats  >:(

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 19:01:03 PM »
ahhhh, a distinct possibility. I would not be too happy if someone did that to me on a regular basis, and even less happy if they did not make proper arrangements for their cat/s  >:(

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 19:00:55 PM »
That's a relief!

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 18:58:12 PM »
An update to this. When I collected the cats, the manager of the site came over to tell me off dor parking next to the mobile home - I thought it was the drive - she said thre were pipes under it.
Anyway, it seems that she has 4 cats and after she left us , we came to the possiblilty that the letter was sent out to target one person who has a cat but works away from home a lot and when shes away (7 - 10 days at a time), the cat is just left and others step in to make sure it is fed.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
Covcats - notice to tenant to get rid of cats.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 00:30:33 AM »
When I was speaking to the owner of the three cats she said to me "I'm glad I'm moving from here (the park home or static caravan or whatever they call them) because the owner has just posted round letters to the people that rent their homes and told them that all those with cats have to get rid of by the end of the month"

I'm going to pick the cats up tomorrow and deliver them the mid-warwks CP (thanks again Jasmine, Chris and Purrs) and while I'm there have a ferret around for some information.

Link to CatChat