Author Topic: Free to a good home. Long haired kitty needs home due to emigration of owners  (Read 3745 times)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
probably a good plan - also go for a timber house of pre-1960s construction date - they are more flexible and better able to withstand the tremors than brick, which has a bad habit of cracking ...

Offline scoobydoo

• Kitten
Black Cat - Oh goodness, Thanks for the tip. We will be renting for a good while before we buy. All very exciting though.
:)

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
It is stunningly beautiful - I never got past the grandeur of the landscapes. have fun when you get there, but make sure you buy somewhere without risk of landslip or liquefaction - they are due the big earthquake in the not too distant future!

Offline scoobydoo

• Kitten
LOL Dawn, You know its true what they say. If you are a cat lover - you are good people!
 :hug:

Adel - Thanks I will look at the website Thats a great idea if you send people round as they can see what shes normally like and not when shes scared and in a new environment.

You guys are so great thanks x

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
Well done for thinking about it well in advance though! We get so many people who contact us a couple of weeks before they leave and expect us to help immediately!

If you get her on as many reputable rescue waiting lists, then hopefully one will come through and re-home her. If the CP has a good website, then they can re-home her from your own home. This means that we will home check any potential adopters and then invite them round to yours to meet her. This also means you get to meet the people who may adopt her. It works really well and we do it in situations where we can't take the cat in!

Fingers crossed and do let us know what happens!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I'm lived in Argyle rd for 10 years - I feel like I have to help!!

Offline scoobydoo

• Kitten
Thanks Dawn. You are a complete star! I think you could be right.
I will give them a call :) Wont be emigrating till June so have time but dont want to leave it last minute.

Black Cat - Emigrating to Nelson. I have only been to Auckland etc so far but we fell in love with the place.
Its truly stunning. :)

Gail - Thanks and yes i know what you mean about getting attached. I had two cats that i had from kittens and after a divorce and a house move where i wasnt allowed pets i had to give mine up. I was a wreck! but i found the lovliest lady that invited me to her house to had them over in person, she even cooked for me that day and sent me photos for a year after. I was so lucky that the lady took them both together.

Yes ive posted on Catchat too. Fingers crossed
:O)

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
Scoobydoo have you tried CatChat?

drop a post in the rehoming section - Remember not to put Free  :hug:

I have to admit - I would have to take mine I couldn't live without them - I love mine a tad too much - I simply worship them.

All bits are crossed that you find a loving home for her - and at least you are trying to find her a home rather than leave her home alone or dump her any ole where  :hug:.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I apologise if i took this the wrong way...
I certainly dont want to fall out with anyone i just assumed that as you were telling me that YOU would not leave a child at home because you couldnt afford the flight you were trying to make a point to me. 
We adore our cat but feel this is the best solution.
I Apologise if i snapped at you but we feel guilty enough about having to leave her behind.

know how you feel - I felt bad enough having to leave mine behind in NZ for six months till I found somewhere to live here ... You will love NZ BTW - where are you going?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
It may be worth phoning CP anyway and getting her on the list in the event you can't find a home for her.  Usually you have to wait ages to get them in anywhere and then it's a mad panic then when the time comes and you've got nowhere for her.  How long have you got before you emigrate?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
to be honest rescue is the way to go, the new owners are fully checked out and although we all might look like cats lovers we could be anyone and I'm sure you want whats best for her - when do you need her homed by?

I'm not techy so this may not work but...

http://www.haws-animals.org.uk/  this is Hounslow but they are very good

CATS PROTECTION - EALING & WEST LONDON
Registered Charity no: 203644
Support Shop: 3a Albert Terrace, Pittshanger Lane, Ealing, W5 1RL 
Branch Tel: 020 8752 0793

RSPCA - SOUTHALL CATTERY
Rehoming Centre: Burket Close, Norwood Road, Norwood Green, Southall, Middlesex 
Open: Every day 11am to noon and 1.30pm to 4.30pm (Closed Wednesday)
Shelter Tel: 0870 010 1846

good luck - I would hate to be in that position myself - please let us know how you get on if all else fails somebody may be able to help you in another way

Offline scoobydoo

• Kitten
No not yet.
A few people suggested we post on the cat lovers web sites to check if anyone is interested first. If we have no joy here then i guess we will contact Cat Protection.
Thanks for the names. I will get all their numbers and call if nothing comes of my posts.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
have you phoned all the local centres??

Offline scoobydoo

• Kitten
I apologise if i took this the wrong way...
I certainly dont want to fall out with anyone i just assumed that as you were telling me that YOU would not leave a child at home because you couldnt afford the flight you were trying to make a point to me. 
We adore our cat but feel this is the best solution.
I Apologise if i snapped at you but we feel guilty enough about having to leave her behind.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
scooby, if you read my post carefully you will see I was talking about how I would behave, not how you should behave, there is a difference you know. And my dog has settled in here very well and is happy, as he was in New Zealand, so each situation differs ... As the owner, only you can know what is best for your pet.

Offline scoobydoo

• Kitten
Hi there,

Unfortunately finances stop us being able to do this.  If you can afford to do this then you are very lucky.

Its a little unfair to suggest that we are leaving her behind as we would a child!!
We also feel it would be less stressful for her to be rehomed then fly to NZ.

A friend of ours emigrated to NZ and took their dog who suffered terribly and died 6 months after they arrived. They now say that they wished they had rehomed him in London.
Please dont make us feel any worse than we do already abour rehoming her.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
have you considered taking her with you? Mine travel with me wherever I go (so far all the way up the East coast of Australia, over to New Zealand and now to here). It is a bit pricy but well worth it if they are loved members of the family - after all, I would not leave a child at home becaause I couldn't pay the airfares ...

It depends on where you are going as to how complicated it is, but I feel it is worth the effort ...

Offline scoobydoo

• Kitten
Thanks for the advice guys :)
We really want to make sure that she goes to a good home. We wont just give her away without checking, but thanks for the advice.
Its appreciated. :)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
scoobydoo - there is a cat protection branch in Ealing, the Mayhew is local, Hillingdon and Slough RSPCA are in Hayes and Denham

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Have you tried contacting all the rescues in your area, and where is Greenford?  I wouldn't advertise her as free to good home. there are a lot of evil people out there who may want her for the wrong reasons.  I would homecheck anyone you get that may be interested in her, ask for vet details etc etc.  Have you advertised her anywhere else? 

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Missy is truly stunning. I hope you find a suitable home for her very soon. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline scoobydoo

• Kitten
Hi there,
I have a black long haired little cat named Missy who needs a new home. She lives in Greenford and is about 5-6 yrs old. Shes very good natured and affectionate.
She is black but in the sun looks a little chocolately at the end of her fur. She is very sweet natured. She is healthy and is microchipped. We will give all her food supplies and pet carrier etc to her new owner.
Please let me know if you are interested.
Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat