Author Topic: Emotional Blackmail  (Read 6645 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: Emotional Blackmail
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2008, 02:17:13 AM »
At least that's some good news and one less to worry about.

Until the next time  :tired:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2008, 11:52:36 AM »
That was rehomed to a friend of her daughters and is doing really well.

At least that's some good news and one less to worry about.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2008, 11:06:46 AM »
That was rehomed to a friend of her daughters and is doing really well.

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2008, 07:31:06 AM »
Any news on the kitten?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2008, 02:47:29 AM »
how's thing going with this one Dawn, any less pressure? :hug:  wish we were bit closer to help!

I've kept my distance a little on these two but I did have someone enquiring about Vita a couple of days ago, even though I've got her on my homing page as rehomed  :tired:  Anyway, the lady has no other cats, has had experience with Orientals in the past so I have sort of mentioned these two to her  :doh:  Mainly because these two gorgeous girls are going to go downhill if something isn't done quickly  :'(  They are both back outside in a pen and are extremely underweight, they need a loving home where they can be pampered and loved, my heart goes out to them and I really can't sit back and do nothing.  Anyway, I'm going to have a chat with the lady tomorrow, she was prepared to take Vita on with the Corona Virus so I can't see it being a problem, the only downside is, if there are problems or they won't settle, it will land back on me  :tired: 

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2008, 14:20:56 PM »
how's thing going with this one Dawn, any less pressure? :hug:  wish we were bit closer to help!
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2008, 15:23:59 PM »
 :Luv: ;) ;)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2008, 13:06:23 PM »
I have to say with all of them, they are beautiful cats  :Luv2:  :Luv2:

stop telling me Dawn, I know where you live!

It's not long for Easter now  ;)  BTW, he's in for the chop on Wednesday  :shocked:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 13:51:45 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2008, 13:04:10 PM »
stop telling me Dawn, I know where you live!

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2008, 12:59:27 PM »
:rofl:  I'm glad you know, whatever he is, he is a little babe.......crazy but gorgeous with it  :Luv:  :Luv:  He's started nicking stuff from one of the cupboards next to the bed, and he's been caught kicking hell out of toilet rolls and kitchen roll  :sneaky: but I think Benjy has been teaching him the odd thing to do as he's been caught doing the same  :evillaugh:

Takes after his father  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2008, 12:57:01 PM »
 :rofl:  I'm glad you know, whatever he is, he is a little babe.......crazy but gorgeous with it  :Luv:  :Luv:  He's started nicking stuff from one of the cupboards next to the bed, and he's been caught kicking hell out of toilet rolls and kitchen roll  :sneaky: but I think Benjy has been teaching him the odd thing to do as he's been caught doing the same  :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2008, 12:53:01 PM »
my beautiful baby Dyson is an oriential shorthair!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2008, 12:46:00 PM »
ditto DD you know where I stand!

Thanks hun,  :hug:

Are they orientals, siamese, bengals?  I know what SHE is like :naughty:

Siamese I think for the kitten, and Oriental for the older ones......they all look the same to me, I'm not even sure what Dyson is  :evillaugh:

Is this "someone" a person we should all be wary of??!!! (am very nosey at heart!)

Just me needs to be wary  :shify:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 12:48:01 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2008, 12:43:57 PM »
Is this "someone" a person we should all be wary of??!!! (am very nosey at heart!)
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2008, 12:41:38 PM »
Are they orientals, siamese, bengals?  I know what SHE is like :naughty:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2008, 12:38:55 PM »
ditto DD you know where I stand!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2008, 12:37:52 PM »
For the kitten or the other two  :evillaugh:  I'll let you know Lesley, the kitten has been given the all clear by Sean apparently, but I will double check with him about this.  The older two are supposedly doing okay as well, but again I'd rather hear it from him than the other way round  :tired:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 12:39:07 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 12:34:11 PM »
If you can't get anything locally, let me know and I will see if I can help in any way.  :Luv2:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2008, 12:29:40 PM »
She's been on the phone again this morning and now it's the kitten she wants sorting  :Crazy:  He's 12 weeks old and if he's anything like Dyson, he will be a little poppet  :Luv:  :Luv:  I may try and find a fosterer locally, I wouldn't be doing it for her but for him.  I've found with all her youngsters, they are very clingy with the human variety and he will be so stressed out at the moment being in a cage   :(  I've got other things to sort at the moment which is probably a good thing but I will try and help with this little guy or the older 2, whichever happens first but if I do, I will be having a little chat with her and laying down a few ground rules  >:(

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 08:33:38 AM »
Dawn whatever  you decide don't feel guilty about it.  My rule of thumb is that whilst you can try and help them all, you just physically can't.... but you have to think of those you already have and any risk to them before agreeing to take in more.

If you can find fosters and it will be OK health wise then yes, OK, go for it... but only if you feel happy with that decision.  Don't let her blackmail you into anything.  YOU are NOT her personal crusader!!!

besides which its high time she took responsibility for her own mess and sorted it out!!

good luck hun... it will all work out in the end!  :hug:
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2008, 23:55:46 PM »
Sean said a couple of weeks ago to her about these particular kittens and getting a foster home for them, and as soon as he said it, he told her straight away that he didn't mean me  :evillaugh:  He knows I've got enough on my plate but he also knows I'm soft when it comes to the cats.   I will put my foot down as far as me bringing them here, but I'll have a chat with Sean about any health issues he thinks I should be aware of before I decide whether to help with a foster home.  It would be great to help every cat that needed it but I need to be sensible.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 20:18:14 PM »
I hope she wont, what a mean thing to threaten you with. She obviously thinks your just there to instantly sort her problems out. She must realise you have plenty of other cats already  :Crazy:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 20:03:28 PM »
To wales? Wasnt sure if this woman was local to you or not!  :-:

Hopefully she will struggle to find a vet who would pts something so young for such a crap reason.

Yes, she's pretty local to me.  I doubt she would have him put to sleep, she knows I'm a soft princess and she probably thinks by trying this ploy on me it will work and she knows I would hate to think of him caged and stressed   >:(    She's been mithering about the other 2 for a while but I am up to my eyes in it with my own and by helping her, it's causing a lot of friction with me and Sean plus it's another 2 for me to find homes for.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 19:57:19 PM »
To wales? Wasnt sure if this woman was local to you or not!  :-:

Hopefully she will struggle to find a vet who would pts something so young for such a crap reason.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 19:56:01 PM »
How disgraceful!  >:( You would think she would appreciate (especially after the other kittens not making it) how precious life is.....Argh death is a part of life that we must accept not something that you bring about for no good reason.....I just dont understand her?  :Crazy:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 19:50:13 PM »
How old is this kitten Dawn?

Do you know what Lesley, I can't even remember, I think approx 9 weeks but could be completely wrong. 

What area would a fosterer need to be in?

As near as possible really.  Funny thing is though, although nothing wrong with the adults, they were both at the vets this evening  >:(  She said she'd asked Sean to give them a bit of a boost as they are both underweight, I meant to ask Sean whilst I was in there but Becky was being a  :censored: so it never happened.  He did say though he suggested the same as me about the kitten.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 19:42:34 PM »
Dawn, we get this all the time in rescue dont we??? It's always the same emotional blackmail time and time again.

This ones harder because its not a random member of the public calling, Dawn knows how this lady runs things.

What area would a fosterer need to be in?

Anyway, there are 2 other cats there, apparently okay, spayed, tummies fine etc. she said the only other thing she can think of is, if I take the other 2 off her, she can then let this little one out into the conservatory and he won't be as stressed
What a cheek, she so knows what shes doing when she says that  >:(

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 18:35:37 PM »
This is so unfair but of course they know what they are doing.

Like has been said , you can ob=nly do what you can do and sometimes you have to put the earplugs in  :hug:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 16:57:30 PM »
How old is this kitten Dawn?

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 16:50:26 PM »
Dawn, we get this all the time in rescue dont we??? It's always the same emotional blackmail time and time again.

All I can say is that you cannot help every cat or kitten that you get a call about. Sometimes, all we can do is offer advice and information about other rescue centres and other avenues to go down.

It's so awful and I've gone to bed many times thinking about a certain cat or kitten that we've had to turn down, but it comes down to the fact of just not being able to help.

I do feel for you and every one of us in rescue has been there  :(
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 15:31:22 PM »
that's just evil Dawn, I wish I was near enough to help

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Emotional Blackmail
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 15:28:45 PM »
Had a phone call off a certain someone about a kitten which she was going to have pts.  The other 2 out of the litter have died and she's worried this one is going to go the same way so rather than go through the heartache, she was going to get it over and done with.    I suggested getting a fosterer for him and to see how he gets on and explained Emily was one of 7, the only survivor and was still here so it doesn't necessarily mean he'll go the same way.    I'm not sure what's wrong with him, possibly corona related but he still deserves a chance.  He's at the moment caged and freaking out because he's just lost his brother and all alone.  I'm gutted for the little man but can't take the chance because I honestly don't know whats going on with him, and if I take him, he'll have to go in the shed and I really haven't got time at the moment to split myself with everything else that's going on.    Anyway, there are 2 other cats there, apparently okay, spayed, tummies fine etc. she said the only other thing she can think of is, if I take the other 2 off her, she can then let this little one out into the conservatory and he won't be as stressed  :sneaky:   I really don't want to be taking in more at the moment and I hate the fact she's using this kittens life as a way of getting me to take the other two  >:(  I can't really think straight today, all I know is I won't be taking them in but I'm not sure about getting them fostered and then put them up for rehoming  :tired:

Link to CatChat