Author Topic: Hi Folks... Sorry for the Silence & Update  (Read 1987 times)

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
Re: Hi Folks... Sorry for the Silence & Update
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 18:34:49 PM »
Oh so sorry to hear all your news - I hope things start to take an upwards turn for you  :hug: :hug: :hug:

xxx
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 15:28:26 PM »
Crikey, glad your hubby is OK after his accident  :hug:

Hope the van isn't a write off xxx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 14:58:44 PM »
thanks Guys, it has been a pretty hard couple of weeks, I've fallen behind in so many things as I think I've been in auto pilot and just concentrating on getting the cats all seen too so admin kinda went out the window so to speak as we've been trying to take the strain off Jans hubby Tom, who is coping brilliantly all things considered.

Cupar CATS will definately keep going for as long as we possibly can as that was Jans wish and I am in no doubt she is upstairs looking down with plenty of smart ass comments for us all!  it wouldn't be her otherwise!  lol   

We obviously have a few changed happening in the background but our work for the cats continues as always and we hope to improve yet again year on year in the work that we do.  We have come a long way in the last few years  but still have a long way to go yet.

We hope to have a new website and online shop launched in the next few weeks and are also beginning to prepare for a busy season of events in the summer which we have to arrange around our commitments with the cats.  Needless to say that from the end of May to August / September we don't get a weekend that isn't packed with shows or prepping for shows and all week slogging our guts out... it is fun as well but we are always exhausted come October!!

Hubby is very sore and his van was picked up this afternoon... quite sad really as we reckon they will probably write it off as its been a good motor but the damage will probably cost more to fix than it was worth.  Just have to wait and see but the important thing is that he is ok.  :)

Anyhoo... gotta dash but hope to get some time on the forums tonight.  :hug:

xx
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 10:16:19 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 08:11:34 AM »
Gald you are back I have been away too so I know how hard it is trying to look though all the posts.I do hope your hubby is ok. take care :hug:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 07:54:22 AM »
Good to hear from you Sarah, I guessed things were probably pretty low for you at the moment and you needed some time, but really good to know you are okay.  Hope hubby is feeling okay.  :Luv2: :Luv2:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 07:52:59 AM »
Glad to hear from you, and I hope the shelter does continue to go well.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 07:30:26 AM »
 :welcome: back!  :)
Sorry to hear about Jan.... :hug:

>Gilly you forgot to mention that the bad Purrs peeps post even more!  :rofl:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 07:54:42 AM by Bazsmum »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 22:03:16 PM »
Pleased to hear you are Ok and also your OH  :hug:

Pleased that Opal has a new home and am sure that the rescue will go from strength to strength.

I have only been off Purrs for a couple of days and know you will never catch up  :rofl: :rofl: The good Purrs peeps post lots  ;D

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Hi Folks... Sorry for the Silence & Update
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 21:43:15 PM »
Hi Folks,

Firstly, sorry to everyone for not having been around the forum much this last couple of weeks.  As some of you will probably already know from having read the topic in the Rainbow Room we lost my very good friend and founder of CATS suddenly to Cancer on Valentines Day, so life has been very traumatic to say the least.    The good news for the cats is of course that Cupar CATS will be continuing as was Jans wish and we hope it will continue to go from strength to strength as we help more of the little furry felines that need our help.   ;D

I am totally behind on all the posts on the forum but hope to catch up over the next week or two on most as I know there is no way at all I can keep up with all!!   :shocked:  but I do hope that everyone is well. :hug:

Its not been the best of years for us so far and got worse this weekend when as things were starting to return to normal my hubby was involved in an RTA being hit from behind by another vehicle doing 50- 60mph.   Luckily he was in his van at the time or I'm not sure if he'd be here!!!  :scared:

On the feline front we do have some good news, ;D Opal has now gone off to her new home and we were out doing a follow up visit tonight and she is looking great.  Settling in well and is as cheeky as ever bless her!  ;D

We have another few cats coming up for homing and continue to have a steady flurry of cats coming to our doors so all very busy busy busy.

Pop, who I'll try to get some more piccies of, continues to hold his own and is growing into a wee monster with paddles as feet! lol

We have also been very busy on our lost and found line and out helping worrying owners track down their furry friends.

Well, I've got to head off just now and get the night time rounds over with but just wanted to touch base to let you all know that we are still alive and kicking... just being through a difficult patch and I hope to be back with you all more regularly very soon.

:hug:  to all 4 and 2 legged friends,

Sarah
xx

Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Link to CatChat