Author Topic: Can re-home a cat in Lincolnshire  (Read 1571 times)

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
Re: Can re-home a cat in Lincolnshire
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 18:28:47 PM »
Hi Kay, sorry your local CP didn't get back to you.

A lot of braches' phones are manned by volunteers and sometimes it can take a while. It's the beginning of the silly season too when their answerphone/poor volunteer on the end of the phone is being deluged with calls about kittens as well as the Christmas present cats that people are bored with.

Your local branch will find you the perfect companion. We like to match cat to owner's needs and they will help you to integrate the new cat into your household as well as always being there for advice.

Give them a little time to get back to you and then maybe leave them another message or send an email. If the shelter is open to the public maybe have drive out there.
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 18:35:48 PM »
Hmm, yes it can be a problem if you're near a branch who are very protective about their patch (sometimes understandably). I would give your local one another try, but if you've get no luck, try Skegness and explain that the other branch haven't gotten back to you.

That means that if the other branch get snotty, they can say that you did contact them and never got an answer (hope that makes sense!!!)
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Kay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 17:36:56 PM »
I think they think they would be 'treading on my local branches toes' My local would be Louth which is 15 miles but they are the one's I rang.  :)

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 17:34:43 PM »
I would not have thought that 17 miles was too far for a cat to travel and I am a little surprised by what was said to you I would have thought they would be pleased that you were offering a home   :luck:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Kay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 17:10:57 PM »
Well when I callee Skegness cat protection they said I was too far away (17 miles) and that they couldnt re-home a cat with me as I am not their local cpl.   :-:

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 14:26:04 PM »
There's the big Norfolk CP of course - is that too far away?

Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Kay

• Adult Cat
Can re-home a cat in Lincolnshire
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 12:41:07 PM »
Hey, I think I already mentioned I am looking for a companion for Moe, and I already posted in Catchat but just thought i'd make a post here. We are not looking for any cat in particular although after reading some posts on catchat it seems one slightly younger than Moe would be less threatening to him.
I did call my cpl and leave a message but they did not get back to me, I have also tried a few of the rescue centres around but I am too far from them, they do not cover my area. (I'm in Mablethorpe)

Moe has a good home here with us and we feel we could re-home another stray/needy cat.  We are willing to travel (within reason)

Link to CatChat