Author Topic: Overnight lodgers  (Read 6705 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Overnight lodgers
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 22:42:15 PM »
Was asked to help with two kittens yesterday, as the RSPCA wanted £70 to help, which they couldnt afford - they have acquired the kittens without any thought of how active they would be, and are struggling (and after picking them up, I am not judging them, I wouldn't like to have 2 low energy cats in their flat, much less 2 high energy). I thought I was going to pick up 2 10mo unneutered females, and when I got there, one was on the wardrobe, and turned its back on me, at which point I thought 'looks suspiciously like a boy' - but chose not to say anything until I had got them home and properly checked!! Then thought 'I hope to god they are both the same sex, or we will have problems, esp as the other cat is tiny'. My mum had come with me, as we had just been on an errand, and she thought they both looked like boys due to having angular heads - got home, and they are both boys. These two are going to the rescue tomorrow, we are hoping that one of the people who ring up for kittens can be persuaded to take on 10mo's (although they have already been turned down once today, and they hadn't even been picked up then!!). So, we have CEfur, a white and black, and Tibby, a tabby. I shall post pics tomorrow when I have more time. Very handsome cats, and both have unusual markings, so fingers crossed they are easy to place. Bit on the nervous side, but then they do seem to have had a few homes in their 10 months.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat